With the new 2.0.1 OS update my wifi randomly disconnects and will time out when I try to reconnect. The router is working fine. Any ideas? Thanks.
    Last edited by barefootpoet; 04-23-12 at 10:47 PM.
    04-23-12 10:45 PM
    I have similar issues where it says its connected but I'm not able to view any websites. I get the error "The network is experiencing technical difficulties. Try again later." My connection through the router is fine as I can still use my laptop.
    04-23-12 11:08 PM
    Turn off the router's WMM setting.
    04-23-12 11:59 PM
    Mine started to act up on one of my wireless networks, had been fine prior.
    04-24-12 09:56 AM
    same here mysteriously disconnects from wifi then cant find the saved connection :s then a minute or so comes back on, done this on the previous OS and is still doing it now if not worse ( on my end anyhow) and definitely not the router because my bold stays connected with full signal in the same room.

Sent from my BlackBerry Bold 9900 using Tapatalk
    04-24-12 04:31 PM
    Between the family and I we have five PlayBooks in the house. Had a similar wifi problem with one of them. A security wipe cured the problem.
    04-24-12 07:05 PM
    I too was having problems there are currently two solutions that work:

1. Turn off the WMM setting as suggested above

2. Turn off wireless G.

Use one or the other. Worked for me.
    04-24-12 08:04 PM
    a security wipe would delete all my bought apps won't it?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    04-25-12 05:43 AM

Yes. But I think you can back up everything using BlackBerry Desktop first.
    04-25-12 05:57 AM

As long as you establish the same BBID, you can download them again without having to purchase them again. You will have to take the time necessary to download. Or, yes, a backup/restore will get them back, too.
    04-25-12 10:03 AM
    i did a security wipe and now im stuck at activating my playbook. Still having a hard time detecting my wifi..

04-25-12 10:50 PM
    I faced the same problem from the very first day I bought the playbook. The way i managed was that I changed the router settings to broadcast wireless signals at a steady channel. Routers normally comes with auto select wifi channel. The problem was totally avoided by selecting channel 6 manually switching off the auto select mood. Try this out results guaranteed.
    04-28-12 06:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD