18months in the tablet space... 12 years in the smartphone space. Slightly different animal dont you think? Playbook OS also has received many security certifications that most smartphones do not have, and it includes significant enhancements to BlackBerry Balance that do not exist on the smartphones.

If you want to look at it from a non-complaining aspect... there are things your Playbook does that your smartphone cannot.
    08-02-12 09:57 AM
    ^^^lol Thanks!
    bungaboy likes this.
    08-02-12 10:18 AM
    18months in the tablet space... 12 years in the smartphone space. Slightly different animal dont you think? Playbook OS also has received many security certifications that most smartphones do not have, and it includes significant enhancements to BlackBerry Balance that do not exist on the smartphones.

If you want to look at it from a non-complaining aspect... there are things your Playbook does that your smartphone cannot.
    And the PB is doing so well with all these features it can do.

Oh wait, its not.

Tim
    debrick image:
    Code:
    http://cdn.fs.sl.blackberry.com/fs/qnx/production/1931e9758756ed092260fe451fc2f71e44245f5a/qcfm.image.com.qnx.coreos.qcfm.os.factory_sfi.desktop.GR2_0_1.668.239873.signed.bar
    Please tell me if I'm not correct here..........

People are asking if the update will erase there apps....... No, the update will not but I believe the debrick image file link so kindle posted by Lonnieo will erase all data.

Correct????

I'm downloading the image file and doing an update with it just because I'm a very curious fella and then I will try to downgrade back to 2.0.1.358 with an image file I have.

Please remember to, Backup, Backup, Backup before your update.

UPDATE
    The debrick file will erase all data and do a fresh install.
    2.0.1.668 does permit side loading.

Last edited by kretch; 08-02-12 at 01:41 PM. Reason: findings
    With no "whats new" list it makes you wonder if this update had anything different in it at all.

An update for the sake of getting one out?

Tim
    BB_Bmore likes this.
    08-02-12 10:20 AM
    And the PB is doing so well with all these features it can do.

Oh wait, its not.

Tim
    With no "whats new" list it makes you wonder if this update had anything different in it at all.

Tim
    There are very few tablets in the world doing well, the iPad is obviously doing much better than any out there. RIMs issues with the Playbook have to do with how it was released, applications, and how the company is doing. None of these reasons do anything to the ability of the tablet itself.

As for your second post, you do enjoy spouting off nonsense don't you? RIM rarely releases a change log for anything, and if they do its usually major releases (OS 1 to OS 2, OS 2 to OS 2.1 etc)
    08-02-12 10:25 AM

Tim
    The concepts of "bug fixes" and "maintenance update" are beyond you, it seems.
    kbz1960, bungaboy and toobs623 like this.
    08-02-12 10:27 AM
    Mine is being updated as I type. Remember, there wasn't an actual release date for 2.1. Just a beta we have that is risky, either it works well, or it breaks. So many hateful comments on the blogs, it's unbelieveable.
    Which is why I don't read blogs! There's only so much RIMhatingwhinyiosstarbuckslattedrinkingcrybabybbcr aptalking I can take. I love my Bold and my Playbook. They are one incredibly awesome combination that suits my needs perfectly. I'm quite happy with what I have and anything else that comes is a nice bonus like icing on the wedding cake.

nuff said!
    kbz1960, kretch, Lyls and 8 others like this.
    08-02-12 10:37 AM
    My email folders have duplicated several times after the update.

Can someone confirm if this happened to them as well?
    j21jam6 likes this.
    08-02-12 10:38 AM
    Flash player, kernel, adobe air got updated. Maybe a few things else. People need to be patient, or move on.
    kbz1960, louzer, bungaboy and 8 others like this.
    08-02-12 10:41 AM
    Which is why I don't read blogs! There's only so much RIMhatingwhinyiosstarbuckslattedrinkingcrybabybbcr aptalking I can take. I love my Bold and my Playbook. They are one incredibly awesome combination that suits my needs perfectly. I'm quite happy with what I have and anything else that comes is a nice bonus like icing on the wedding cake.

nuff said!

Glad you like it. Sales and inventory write offs indicate otherwise for most though.

Tim

Sent from my BlackBerry
    08-02-12 10:42 AM
    Looks like there's very little to no checker boarding after a site fully loads.

can someone confirm this also? On the 2.1 beta update, that is.
    Last edited by rupam95; 08-02-12 at 10:45 AM.
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    08-02-12 10:42 AM
    So much negativity from trsbbs. Can't he appreciate it?
    bungaboy likes this.
    08-02-12 10:44 AM

I did not have this issue
    bungaboy and z1nsane like this.
    08-02-12 10:46 AM

Hotmail? That's been happening for a couple weeks now.

Tim
    RIM probably took notice of the ranting of users on 7/31 for not releasing the 2.1 update so they decided to release this 'useless' teaser update to satisfied us all.
    Maintenance update in preparation for 2.1 in a "few weeks" perhaps?

Pure speculation, but Google did this exact thing with ICS devices getting a small 3mb update a few days prior to Jelly Bean being released. It happened on my Nexus S.
    I can pretend that RIM is doing the same thing, just as I choose to think that the final release of 2.1 is taking so long because they want to get it right.

bungaboy and drjay868 like this.
    Just downloading the update, wish it is not the only update in August!! OS 2.1 please come ASAP!!
    Glad you like it. Sales and inventory write offs indicate otherwise for most though.

Tim

Sent from my BlackBerry

I would hazard a(n educated) guess that the OVERWHELMING majority of people out there have not taken so much as a minute to try the device. It is impossible to gauge what would fit a person's needs from sales and inventory write-offs (of which the second would be a direct result of the first).
    Lyls, bungaboy and drjay868 like this.
    08-02-12 10:48 AM
    Why wouldn't we?
    Why would you? You have a small update but since you're on the beta which is a higher version why would you get a notice about a lower version to update a version you don't have?

Not saying won't get an update but you get a 2.0.1 one that is being talked about.
    08-02-12 10:49 AM
    2.1 official is not long off, remember that it has features for Enterprise that are being tested by their customers as well.
    bungaboy likes this.
    08-02-12 10:51 AM

Tim

Sent from my BlackBerry
    Tell ya what. As a user I could give a flying f about sales and inventory. Does that mean it is less useful? Nope. Does that mean I shouldn't like it? Nope.

The only time I'll give rats azz about that is if it makes my pb die and no longer work.
    Last edited by kbz1960; 08-02-12 at 11:01 AM. Reason: Auto
    08-02-12 10:53 AM
    Tell ya what. As a user is could give a flying f about sales and inventory. Does that mean it less useful? Nope. Does that mean I shouldn't like it? Nope.

The only time I'll give rats azz about that is if it makes my pb die and no longer work.
    +1 Can I get an amen?
    08-02-12 10:56 AM
    I would hazard a(n educated) guess that the OVERWHELMING majority of people out there have not taken so much as a minute to try the device. It is impossible to gauge what would fit a person's needs from sales and inventory write-offs (of which the second would be a direct result of the first).
    I agree, but more than one clear reason is present for consumers to not try it.
    Bad press, due to bad launch and several mistakes have tainted the PB in the eye of many. Add to this the fact that RIM has said "its coming" for more than a year now leads to a reputation of non-contender.

On top of that the recent press from Thor on how RIM cannot compete also adds to the dog pile.

I have had one for over a year now. Tried all the betas, tried all the versions, researched it to death before purchasing it. But one fatal mistake was taking RIM at its word on when features would be added.

The PB needs a complete reboot. New cutting edge style, top notch specs and the ability to deliver what the customer wants when the customer wants it.

Last but not least, deliver on your products, on time and on spec (within reason). This isn't a new game anymore.

A low intro price is needed to even get this version 2 feet off the ground. A high entry price point will further dampen its sales numbers and carrier acceptance.
    I also hope that RIM has limited the production of this version. Otherwise another inventory write off could be in the 2013 first quarter. This write off could come when RIM could be running on vapors. Any loss would affect the BB10 launch etc..

I wish RIM well in all ways and hope they see the light before it goes out.

Tim
    calles likes this.
    08-02-12 11:03 AM
    what is this update for? How come this update has been released ahead of OS2.1? As I know, RIM will release the new version PB in few more days.
    08-02-12 11:05 AM
426 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD