Seems that even after a hard reset my battery is draining pretty fast. From 8am this morning to now, 1pm, it is at 76% with only the Messages app open and I've only used it for roughly 30 minutes today and when I picked up the PB I could feel a warm spot on the center back of the PB...maybe this is what is draining my battery?

Just posting up my issue.
    08-04-12 02:54 PM
    Downloaded 668 yesterday. GPS in Bing Maps says it cannot determine my current location. How would the PB determine my location from Wi-fi in any case? I understand how my cellphone does it but cannot imagine how it would be accomplished on my PB over Wi-Fi.
    08-04-12 02:56 PM
    You will not see it if you are looking for it, it has been pulled by RIM because it was not ready to be released.
    08-04-12 03:10 PM
    You will not see it if you are looking for it, it has been pulled by RIM because it was not ready to be released.
    You know this how? Or are you just guessing?
    08-04-12 03:15 PM
    Well because I was on the phone with RIM Tech Support trying to figure out a way to downgrade and they told me so.

Another big clue is that people are not getting the update showing up even after they saw it earlier in the day.

And the final piece to this baffling mystery that has you perplexed is that DM is updating your .668 software with .358.

No guess work needed dude, just a lil inquiry is all.
    08-04-12 03:44 PM
    Sorry dude. Just asking as I've seen no word from anyone that would know or from RIM. It is possible there is a server problem etc.

Thanks for the info from RIM. Since the update is working for me I'm not going to bother downgrading unless I find issues.
    08-04-12 03:48 PM
    Ive noticed my pb has become less responsive after the update.....previously i light tap on a link would open up a new tab, but now i press a link and sometimes nothing happens, like it didnt even register.

Any one else getting that?
    08-04-12 03:49 PM
    Seems that even after a hard reset my battery is draining pretty fast. From 8am this morning to now, 1pm, it is at 76% with only the Messages app open and I've only used it for roughly 30 minutes today and when I picked up the PB I could feel a warm spot on the center back of the PB...maybe this is what is draining my battery?

Just posting up my issue.
    Same here. Charged overnight. Maybe used it for 30 minutes and now less than 50%. And my settings are on shortest time and lowest brightness
    08-04-12 03:53 PM
    Fabfreddie if I find I do need to downgrade does it do without deleting everything?
    08-04-12 03:53 PM
    Same here. Charged overnight. Maybe used it for 30 minutes and now less than 50%. And my settings are on shortest time and lowest brightness
    86% now been using it most of the time. Off the charger at 2:30 and it is 3:54 now.

Such differences.
    08-04-12 03:55 PM
    This update stopped me from getting emails correctly. When I turn wifi off and on, I get emails, but they don't come by themselves any more. Anyone else experiencing this?
    08-04-12 03:56 PM
    Getting all of my emails. It even fixed the duplicate folders for outlook.com
    08-04-12 03:58 PM
    I got the notice about os update 2.0.1.668 around noon pacific time on Friday. I went to download it around midnight and it was no longer available. I called BB support and they had pulled it due to problems. These guys don't need anymore problems. What happened?
    08-04-12 04:03 PM
    "Fabfreddie if I find I do need to downgrade does it do without deleting everything? "

It shouldn't but I don't ever take chances I do a full back up first, even if it does wipe it out, the simple click on restore brings all your back like it never happened.

"Getting all of my emails. It even fixed the duplicate folders for outlook.com "

Sometimes installs are corrupted for any number of reasons, that would have been fixed with a reinstall of .358 as well. With .358 100% of the Playbook functioned as it should, no issues.

.668 does something that is fatal, it makes your Tablet run hot, that is a far cry from certain apps not working properly, it will actually ruin your tablet.
    08-04-12 04:09 PM
    I updated to .668 and I purposely let my PB battery run all the way down to see what recharge would require. At around 15% in the yellow, the notice came up on the screen that the PB was shutting down due to low battery. As I recall when I tried this in the previous 2.0.1.xxx it would show red at about 10% and I never had the nerve to "go all the way" so I consider this an important improvement to PB usage. I suspect it might also eliminate a lot of the "I can't charge my PB" messages.
    08-04-12 04:13 PM
    A few apps on the new update don't work, Kobo was one of them. We updated Kobo for Playbook today and it works fine. If you notice any old apps not working on the new OS Update, comment on my request thread so i can test/update the ones not working.
    Kobo app does a "forced closed" everytime I try to open a book.

Am I missing something here?
    Fenrir26 likes this.
    08-04-12 04:52 PM
    I laugh after I read some of the posts here.

There are some that simply has no technical skills, some are made up beep disturber and a few post real content.

For example,
    Some said, after updating 668, it still show 358. Duh, it means you have not done the update, dummy. Make sure you have the power plugged in and a solid Internet connection. Give it time to run through the update...do not rush or do anything at the same time. I remember, I just press the proceed button and it does everything by itself. Then just power off and reboot when I am told. They can't make it any simpler than that.

Some claims the bootup time in 4-5 min+. Mine is 2min 39 sec. Who cares anyway? Normally , you would just put it to sleep anyway.

Some says their wi-fi has decrease in bars. Most reported here with increase in bars. I see increase in bars too. Either they are technical incompetent or liar.

Some claims battery drain like crazy. I don't see that. It is just normal. I went to bed with 39% charged. Are these incompetent posters or liar?

Some complaints about ubuntu not working. If you load some outside software, you are on your own.

I have found the Playbook has drastically improved its performance and fixed some small but annoying bugs. Now, the user experience is great.

I recommend highly the Maxthon Android browser for the Playbook, as well as for the PC and mobile...one unified browser across three platform. Maxthon favorite imports Chrome favorite without any layout change so look and feel are the same...seamless. You can add finger gestures to the mobile and mouse gesture to the PC...very useful.

Some claims the bootup time in 4-5 min+. Mine is 2min 39 sec. Who cares anyway? Normally , you would just put it to sleep anyway.
    My bootup time was over 4 minutes before the update, I haven't bothered to check it now, but I definitely care. When I have stop what I am doing and reboot at least once a week because something froze like the android player, it matters alot.

Some says their wi-fi has decrease in bars. Most reported here with increase in bars. I see increase in bars too. Either they are technical incompetent or liar.
    Either you are technologically incompetent or a troll. Does it ever occur to you that the devices may not all act the same? Even if they do, do you think everyone has the same access point, channel or protocol? Do you think that just because people report different results that people are lying?
    Some claims battery drain like crazy. I don't see that. It is just normal. I went to bed with 39% charged. Are these incompetent posters or liar?
    Again, because YOU don't notice any unusual battery drain, everyone else who does is incompetent or a liar?

Some complaints about ubuntu not working. If you load some outside software, you are on your own.
    This is a blackberry forum for everything blackberry. These posts are looking for people with help. Stop taking tech help requests as insults. If you don't have anything to say to a post, don't say it.

Your argument that because some people have problems with their Playbooks and others don't, those who are having problems are liars or are incompetent is not only unintelligent, but insulting who those less fortunate than you who happen to have problems with their devices.
    JeepBB, sjawelsh and neilguy like this.
    08-04-12 05:01 PM
    After the update my playbook is awesome. Browser is faster, Apps that locked up with prior version now run like they should. No more battery consumption then before, and it seems snappier. It was fully charged at 6am,at 100% and it is now at 97% charged, got a few emails and Wifi has been on. Not bad for 12hrs.
    08-04-12 08:09 PM
    Kobo app does a "forced closed" everytime I try to open a book.

Am I missing something here?
    It's been doing this on my PB since the last version of the kobo app. I can open side loaded books but that's it.

On a side note for those that have spoken to RIM, do they suggest those of us with the update roll back and wait for the fixed one?
    Last edited by Fenrir26; 08-04-12 at 11:47 PM.
    08-04-12 11:43 PM
    After the update my playbook is awesome. Browser is faster, Apps that locked up with prior version now run like they should. No more battery consumption then before, and it seems snappier. It was fully charged at 6am,at 100% and it is now at 97% charged, got a few emails and Wifi has been on. Not bad for 12hrs.
    Uhhmmm...you must be joking right?

14 hours and only has dropped 3 percent...? Even with wifi on?

Trooll much?
    08-05-12 12:18 AM
    I am from India and still no new update available. I am still on version 2.0.1.358. When will this be available out here?
    08-05-12 12:45 AM
    RIM has pulled 2.0.1.668 for the time being for unknown reasons. The only way to get it as of now is to acquire the debrick image, in the first few pages of this thread, and then probably CFP it in. That's what I did atleast. All data gets deleted aswell. But in the end you're on .668.
    08-05-12 12:57 AM
    So if the beta label dosnt show on the about screen after this latest update for os 2.1.560 does this now mean that. We now have an official 2.1 os ?
    08-05-12 01:04 AM
    Time to dust off the Playbook and run this up the flagpole... Nope. Still the same.
    In all fairness, though, I did manage to knit another sweater while I waited for this dinosaur to boot.
    And, OMG, I decided to look at App World after it booted and clicked on "Connect to the London 2012 Summer Olympics". Really? Sorry, click.....
    Now thats how you troll, see the difference?
    08-05-12 07:25 AM
    I upgraded to 688 today and I can't connect to my ISPs IMAP server. I use Rogers Yahoo here in Canada. Prior the update I would often get prompted for the IMAP password and I'd type it in and it would work. But as often as I have tried since the update, it will not authenticate. I did a hard reboot twice and a cold start once.

I deleted the Rogers account and was left with Hotmail. I then got PIM errors. I deleted Hotmail too and did a 3-button restart. I recreated Hotmail and that worked. But I still have issues with IMAP with Rogers Yahoo. It will not authenticate.

EDIT: As soon as I submitted this post, it just starting working.
    Same conditions on my end, never had that problem
    08-05-12 08:17 AM
426 ... 1112131415 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD