Can't get the update, it keeps saying that I have the latest (2.0.1.358 is clearly no longer the latest). I tried checking via Desktop Manager and doing a hard reset, but no luck. Any advice?
    08-03-12 10:54 PM
    After upgrading to 2.0.1.668 I am not able to connect my playbook in Ubuntu 12.04
    How were you connecting your PB to Ubuntu?
    08-03-12 11:02 PM
    Im super happy with the update everything seem to run so much smother. The browser is much Better now .
    rupam95 likes this.
    08-03-12 11:13 PM
    I have noticed that now my playlists in the media player that I synced from itunes are no longer out of order. That was one of my biggest pet peeves.
    08-03-12 11:48 PM
    Same here. I find it so strange (frustrating actually) that some devices work better than others do.

Is this a common trait of too many manufacturing plants? Builds/ batches that are perfect, and others that arent ?

My two biggest gripes do date:
    Pb owners who say their magellan app works flawlessly. Mine has so many bugs the dev gave up on helping me fix mine.
    And then theres this native email app *sigh* signed in the day 2.0 got released, and from the day after, havent been able to since. On both PB's in my household.

Must admit though, factory reset is the only thing i havent had the chance to. Then again...it only worked for some !
    The features in that update will unlock once the official 2.1 update is released.

Why?

I don't ask.
    08-03-12 11:49 PM
    debrick image:
    Code:
    http://cdn.fs.sl.blackberry.com/fs/qnx/production/1931e9758756ed092260fe451fc2f71e44245f5a/qcfm.image.com.qnx.coreos.qcfm.os.factory_sfi.desktop.GR2_0_1.668.239873.signed.bar
    please noticed that this may erasing your data...
    Can we sideload this? Of course this will erase everthing. But can we sideload?
    08-04-12 03:21 AM
    Hi folds...what am I missing. After checking for updates, Playbook says I'm running the latest software and identifying that as 2.0.1.358 ?????

BH
    08-04-12 06:45 AM
    Hi folks...what am I missing. After checking for updates, Playbook says I'm running the latest software and identifying that as 2.0.1.358 ?????

BH
    08-04-12 06:45 AM
    Not sure. Another thread someone thinks they pulled it and others think there is server issue. Just have to wait and see.
    08-04-12 06:51 AM
    Can't get the update, it keeps saying that I have the latest (2.0.1.358 is clearly no longer the latest). I tried checking via Desktop Manager and doing a hard reset, but no luck. Any advice?
    Mine too.

08-04-12 08:38 AM
    .668 is on. Mine.
    08-04-12 08:53 AM
    I completed the most recent update and noticed i cannot use bridge contacts. When I activate the contacts in bridge I get a there are no active contact services set up on your blackberry smartphone. Has anyone else experienced this and/or am I suppose to adjust a setting????

Any help is appreciated.
    08-04-12 10:17 AM
    I completed the most recent update and noticed i cannot use bridge contacts. When I activate the contacts in bridge I get a there are no active contact services set up on your blackberry smartphone. Has anyone else experienced this and/or am I suppose to adjust a setting????

Any help is appreciated.
    Set your bridge back up. Delete any settings first.
    08-04-12 10:29 AM
    Now that I have the update, my playbook randomly loses wifi at full signal strength. Can't there be 1 update that doesn't cause a problem?
    08-04-12 10:30 AM
    Everything seems Ok after my update. Most of the lagg that i was experiencing prior to the update is now gone. I find that the browser tabs and menu is a bit more responsive. Stil not where i'd like it to be but its a start. The keyboard is also more responsive as well. Apps open a lil faster, messages and calendar seem to still take some time but perhaps its a sec faster? Im glad i didn't have to do a security wipe.

I havent checked all my apps to see if they are working but the ones that ise most frequently are tip top!
    08-04-12 10:52 AM
    I laugh after I read some of the posts here.

There are some that simply has no technical skills, some are made up beep disturber and a few post real content.

For example,
    Some said, after updating 668, it still show 358. Duh, it means you have not done the update, dummy. Make sure you have the power plugged in and a solid Internet connection. Give it time to run through the update...do not rush or do anything at the same time. I remember, I just press the proceed button and it does everything by itself. Then just power off and reboot when I am told. They can't make it any simpler than that.

Some claims the bootup time in 4-5 min+. Mine is 2min 39 sec. Who cares anyway? Normally , you would just put it to sleep anyway.

Some says their wi-fi has decrease in bars. Most reported here with increase in bars. I see increase in bars too. Either they are technical incompetent or liar.

Some claims battery drain like crazy. I don't see that. It is just normal. I went to bed with 39% charged. Are these incompetent posters or liar?

Some complaints about ubuntu not working. If you load some outside software, you are on your own.

I have found the Playbook has drastically improved its performance and fixed some small but annoying bugs. Now, the user experience is great.

I recommend highly the Maxthon Android browser for the Playbook, as well as for the PC and mobile...one unified browser across three platform. Maxthon favorite imports Chrome favorite without any layout change so look and feel are the same...seamless. You can add finger gestures to the mobile and mouse gesture to the PC...very useful.
    08-04-12 10:59 AM

There are some that simply has no technical skills, some are made up beep disturber and a few post real content.

For example,
    Some said, after updating 668, it still show 358. Duh, it means you have not done the update, dummy. Make sure you have the power plugged in and a solid Internet connection. Give it time to run through the update...do not rush or do anything at the same time. I remember, I just press the proceed button and it does everything by itself. Then just power off and reboot when I am told. They can't make it any simpler than that.

Some claims the bootup time in 4-5 min+. Mine is 2min 39 sec. Who cares anyway? Normally , you would just put it to sleep anyway.

Some says their wi-fi has decrease in bars. Most reported here with increase in bars. I see increase in bars too. Either they are technical incompetent or liar.

Some claims battery drain like crazy. I don't see that. It is just normal. I went to bed with 39% charged. Are these incompetent posters or liar?

Some complaints about ubuntu not working. If you load some outside software, you are on your own.

I have found the Playbook has drastically improved its performance and fixed some small but annoying bugs. Now, the user experience is great.

I recommend highly the Maxthon Android browser for the Playbook, as well as for the PC and mobile...one unified browser across three platform. Maxthon favorite imports Chrome favorite without any layout change so look and feel are the same...seamless. You can add finger gestures to the mobile and mouse gesture to the PC...very useful.

There are so many things wrong with that post I don't know where to begin...
    peter9477, JeepBB, remmy00 and 2 others like this.
    08-04-12 11:02 AM
    Hi folks...what am I missing. After checking for updates, Playbook says I'm running the latest software and identifying that as 2.0.1.358 ?????

BH
    08-04-12 11:12 AM

For example,

Wow all that to tell people to download a browser. You know you could have just made a short post in the apps forum right?
    beavertail2 likes this.
    08-04-12 11:48 AM
    .668 is on. Mine.
    Which is good... it's on mine too!

Even RIM don't have the power to suck the .668 OS off your PB to return you to .358.

However, those who came after us are finding that the .668 OS update has been pulled from the server, so their PBs are telling them that the .358 OS they currently have is the latest.

There were a few reports yesterday about the .668 update being left behind in the PB filestore after the install - so you lost half a gig from your PB. So we may see another OS update "soon" to fix that.
    08-04-12 11:53 AM
    There are so many things wrong with that post I don't know where to begin...
    Although maybe articulated in the most graceful manner, he did have some valid points. Then people posting statements like "feels faster" or "seems better" are subjective comments, typically made during the "wow, I just got my upgrade" euphoric period and based on little actual testing, data, or lengthy observation... which leads to articles like this:

What's new in PlayBook OS 2.0.1.668? | CrackBerry.com

Some users pointed out that in the small text of the update they noticed that the update was to address email enhancements, contacts, calendar and bridge improvements, but the update seems to have done more than just that. In the forums users are reporting:

Improved Wifi Connections
    Apps appear to be loading faster
    Browser loads and moves around faster
    This was not a major update (as evidenced by RIM's own website listed below). Which makes all the above only hype.

RIM's software update page:

PlayBook Support - Software and Upgrades - US

Software update v2.0.1.668

Aug. 2, 2012
    Includes the following updates:
    Security updates for Adobe� Flash� Player

Software update v2.0.1.358
    April 17, 2012
    Includes the following updates:
    Browser enhancements to address performance with some websites
    Improvements to support Android� apps
    Optimizations to Video Chat, PIM and BlackBerry� Bridge� apps
    Other updates

Software update v2.0
    Feb. 21, 2012
    Includes the following new features:
    Built-in messages app:
    Unified inbox: see messages from all of your accounts in one place
    HTML email composing and editing
    Attachment downloads
    Ability to perform multiple actions at once like bulk delete
    Built-in calendar app:
    Day, Week, Month and Agenda views
    Growing numbers: numbers grow and shrink based on how busy you are
    People view shows a contact-centric view of your calendar
    Newsreel shows news about companies you're meeting with
    Built-in contacts app:
    Access Facebook�, Twitter� and LinkedIn� contacts as well as personal
    and work contacts
    Merging and de-duplication of contacts
    Virtual keyboard enhancements:
    Fluency engine: Full word prediction and correction
    Support for auto capitalization and corrections of misspellings such as acn
    for can
    Slimmer design to show more of the screen's content
    New BlackBerry Bridge� features:
    Wireless remote control: use a BlackBerry smartphone as an external
    keyboard and mouse for a connected PlayBook
    Presenter remote: deliver and control slideshow presentations when the
    PlayBook is connected to a projector or TV via HDMI
    Open on PlayBook: seamlessly switch screens and invoke any BlackBerry Bridge
    app on the PlayBook tablet
    Copy/paste in BlackBerry Bridge apps
    Print to Go:
    Wirelessly print from a laptop or PC directly to the PlayBook
    View, sort and manage digital files as though they were physical sheets of
    paper
    Support for Android� applications
    Home screen management with customizable panes and folders, and the ability
    to pick six of your most frequently used applications for the dock
    Browser reader mode: provides an optimal reading experience by removing ads
    and the surrounding site, enhancing the font size and displaying text in a
    cleaner format
    Video Chat:
    Improved UI
    Integration with contacts app: provides a filtered view of video chat
    contacts
    Contact availability: identify if a specific contact is available for a video
    chat
    Invite based on PIN or email
    Initiate video chat directly from the contacts, calendar or messages apps
    Display a video chat on an external screen via an HMDI connection
    Security update for Samba file sharing service
    08-04-12 11:54 AM
    Hm, the new 2.0.1 isn't showing up for me, maybe because I used Dingleberry to downgrade from 2.1 to the last 2.0.1.
    08-04-12 12:03 PM
    No update notification in Malaysia. Wonder why?
    08-04-12 01:44 PM
    I went to the Pandora site in my browser like usual except this time Pandora didn't pause the music when screen saver mode kicked in!!!! Yay!!! Keep the updates coming!!!
    08-04-12 01:45 PM
    ok, i've saw the update yesterday but i didnt downloaded it right away.. now its doesnt show up anymore.. too buggy or exploit in it ?
    Last edited by koontzy65; 08-04-12 at 02:16 PM.
    08-04-12 01:59 PM
426 ... 1011121314 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD