Thats a picture of the old App World. Your either trolling or something is messed up with your PB.

I'm not trolling. That's the first thing I saw after opening my app world after the update. And there was nothing next to featured. I kept on swiping to the right and the list of icons kept on increasing. However, when I had been in there for a while, it just froze and then I took a screen shot and closed the app world. Next time I opened the app world, it was gone.
    08-03-12 01:49 PM
    Time to dust off the Playbook and run this up the flagpole... Nope. Still the same.
    In all fairness, though, I did manage to knit another sweater while I waited for this dinosaur to boot.
    And, OMG, I decided to look at App World after it booted and clicked on "Connect to the London 2012 Summer Olympics". Really? Sorry, click.....
    08-03-12 01:58 PM
    Update has been downloaded, but now I have a box that says "please wait" and offers a retry button. I have been waiting 30 minutes--is this normal?
    No change after an hour now. Any thoughts?
    08-03-12 02:14 PM
    No change after an hour now. Any thoughts?
    Tried rebooting the tablet?
    08-03-12 02:15 PM
    Look, the PlayBook is a magnificent piece of hardware, top notch. The OS and the company? Meh, not s'hot. It would be a royal shame if hardware this robust (it feels like I could drive nails with it) became obsolete due to corporate incompetence and failed software development. My "wet dream" (never gonna happen) would be for Apple to port iOS to it after RIM bites the big one.
    08-03-12 02:22 PM
    Tried rebooting the tablet?
    Yes. It shows the old version is still installed so I am trying the update again.
    zaharov.z likes this.
    08-03-12 02:25 PM
    @VKurtB don't think that'll happen. Give it time.
    Edit: bless the hackers who DO get iOS on the playbook and other tablets. that would shock apple like it did when OS 7, 8 and 9 got ported to the PC... Days before it got blogged and taken out.

The playbook is amazingly powerful!
    08-03-12 02:29 PM
    Google Maps is working fine for me now. Best so far
    08-03-12 02:33 PM
    Yes. It shows the old version is still installed so I am trying the update again.
    It now asks me to retry because it has been interrupted. Anyone else experienced this or should I be looking at my internet connection?
    08-03-12 02:50 PM
    A few apps on the new update don't work, Kobo was one of them. We updated Kobo for Playbook today and it works fine. If you notice any old apps not working on the new OS Update, comment on my request thead so i can test/update the ones not working.
    08-03-12 03:36 PM
    Could anyone please kindly tell me, if doing the update will wipe out all my installed apps?

Thank you.
    NO....installed/sideload apps remains
    08-03-12 03:36 PM
    I'm not trolling. That's the first thing I saw after opening my app world after the update. And there was nothing next to featured. I kept on swiping to the right and the list of icons kept on increasing. However, when I had been in there for a while, it just froze and then I took a screen shot and closed the app world. Next time I opened the app world, it was gone.
    That is really odd, the App World screen shot you took is of the old 1.0 version. Is it still showing that format or is it showing the current one?
    08-03-12 03:59 PM
    It now asks me to retry because it has been interrupted. Anyone else experienced this or should I be looking at my internet connection?
    It is very strange. The download proceeds to 100% and then appears to be moving to what I assume is a restart screen. However, it then says the update was interrupted and to retry. I've tried five times and the same thing happens every time. It can't be the internet connection so what is going on?
    08-03-12 04:09 PM
    I've seen that happen when I had a poor connection. Closing and restarting it resolved it for me. That was before this update.

My battery was really draining fast yesterday. I was seeing Power usage over 5W, doing the same thing that usually pushes it into the 3-4W range. I shut it down, let it charge for a while and after starting it up again, my battery is much closer to normal.
    Last edited by TheScionicMan; 08-03-12 at 04:34 PM.
    08-03-12 04:30 PM
    I upgraded to 688 today and I can't connect to my ISPs IMAP server. I use Rogers Yahoo here in Canada. Prior the update I would often get prompted for the IMAP password and I'd type it in and it would work. But as often as I have tried since the update, it will not authenticate. I did a hard reboot twice and a cold start once.

I deleted the Rogers account and was left with Hotmail. I then got PIM errors. I deleted Hotmail too and did a 3-button restart. I recreated Hotmail and that worked. But I still have issues with IMAP with Rogers Yahoo. It will not authenticate.

EDIT: As soon as I submitted this post, it just starting working.
    08-03-12 05:32 PM
    It is very strange. The download proceeds to 100% and then appears to be moving to what I assume is a restart screen. However, it then says the update was interrupted and to retry. I've tried five times and the same thing happens every time. It can't be the internet connection so what is going on?
    Reload the tablet OS and try again?
    08-03-12 05:33 PM
    Here is something I haven't seen before. Anyone else seen this?
    I haven't been able to get that warning no matter how many apps I have open. Had 9 open before some of them just started closing out due to no free RAM. Have you restarted or hard reset your Playbook recently?
    Apelles123 likes this.
    08-03-12 06:16 PM
    That is really odd, the App World screen shot you took is of the old 1.0 version. Is it still showing that format or is it showing the current one?
    I have the current one right now. And I didn't even realize that it was the older version. It was just very odd that it showed the old version.
    08-03-12 06:42 PM
    I have not been shy to give rim grief where deseved, and that means more than a few times. But fair is fair and praise must also been given where due. I've noticed that my browser is running significantly faster with the update (and add ons removed when possible). There is still much to be fixed (email sufolders) but i do regard this as a significant step toward improving the PB's usability.
    08-03-12 06:49 PM
    Did the update (2nd PB). Got stuck at Country agreement. My drop down was empty, and it would not allow me to Agree or Don't Agree. Rebooted the PB and it went back to the same screen and allowed me to choose my country. Weird issue, glad a simple reboot fixed it.
    08-03-12 06:54 PM
    The browser keeps on restarting, possibly due to a very weak wifi sgnal. For a while the browser loads the page, it remains in'loading' stage, and then the browser just shuts down. Anyone else experiencing it? I did the hard reset, etc. A couple of times already.also removed and renewed the wifi connection.
    08-03-12 07:32 PM
    The browser keeps on restarting, possibly due to a very weak wifi sgnal. For a while the browser loads the page, it remains in'loading' stage, and then the browser just shuts down. Anyone else experiencing it? I did the hard reset, etc. A couple of times already.also removed and renewed the wifi connection.
    Not here. The browser is better. Have you cleared all?
    08-03-12 07:41 PM
    470mb download and I don't see anything new, different or upgraded.
    08-03-12 08:29 PM
    470mb download and I don't see anything new, different or upgraded.
    Same here. I find it so strange (frustrating actually) that some devices work better than others do.

Is this a common trait of too many manufacturing plants? Builds/ batches that are perfect, and others that arent ?

My two biggest gripes do date:
    Pb owners who say their magellan app works flawlessly. Mine has so many bugs the dev gave up on helping me fix mine.
    And then theres this native email app *sigh* signed in the day 2.0 got released, and from the day after, havent been able to since. On both PB's in my household.

Must admit though, factory reset is the only thing i havent had the chance to. Then again...it only worked for some !
    08-03-12 08:44 PM
    I just updated my PB this morning, and so far everything seems to be normal and perfect. I will try to bridge with my 9900 after this.....
    08-03-12 10:51 PM
426 ... 910111213 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD