First, I'd like to ask what new capabilities would you like to see in the next PB OS update? Now back to my concern which is directed to RIM. RIM, I know you have someone monitoring this forum,...you"d be crazy not to, that said, I want to ask if you would give us the ability to enable access to our "Favorites" tab on our 9810. You see, my Favorites tab is loaded with all of my neatly arranged (...listed in alphabetical order) website icons. Sadly, the PB does not allow one to set the order for website Bookmarks,...therefore bookmarks are listed as they are captured.

Pls give up more control of this with the next OS update?
    03-05-12 08:55 AM
    If only one new major function.... DLNA so I can stream from (and to) my PlayBooks to wireless projectors, TV's and such. No more HDMI cords to do my presenting!
    Toxic17, mzceetee and Stewartj1 like this.
    03-05-12 09:14 AM
    Please, please figure out a way to sync contacts, calendar and tasks between my blackberry phone and playbook. This phone to outlook to google, to playbook and back, is ridiculous and a recipe for disaster.
    03-05-12 09:33 AM
    BBM.
    Android Marketplace?
    03-05-12 09:59 AM
    - improve wifi
    - improve speed of native apps
    - fix battery drain glitch (we have to remove push for now)
    - get SKYPE for christ sake!
    - improve facebook and make it native, not AIR
    - get a native twitter app!!!!
    - integration of PB with native twitter and facebook app

all of these are on the ipad and droids... and these should be there from start
    Toxic17 and Ratteler like this.
    03-05-12 12:18 PM
    This is being picky considering my PlayBook never leaves my side and has changed the way I stay connected while mobile thanks to Bridge.

- reliable GPS over Bridge
    -"universal search" very similar to the BB handsets.
    -Bluetooth Speaker Option similar to the Bose Sound Dock and other auxiliary speakers
    -BlackBerry Protect
    -easy way to add Movies
    -More manageable browser Bookmarks
    -the real "social Feeds" for PlayBook
    -some possible way to Video Chat other OS's
    -more deeply integrated "Open On PlayBook"
    -Bridge Phone and Text
    -Print FROM PlayBook
    -native Twitter
    do not leave out
    -dual laser beams
    -break proof
    -x-ray vision
    -BB teleportation
    03-05-12 05:41 PM
    Please, please figure out a way to sync contacts, calendar and tasks between my blackberry phone and playbook. This phone to outlook to google, to playbook and back, is ridiculous and a recipe for disaster.
    I support this message.
    03-05-12 05:44 PM
    - Support BBM Groups via bridge
    - Get a working PDF reader
    - When hooked up via HDMI, option turn off PB screen.
    - Ability to change standby to a time greater then 5 mins.
    rickgainsmith likes this.
    03-05-12 05:46 PM
    -Bridge Phone and Text
    -Print FROM PlayBook

-dual laser beams
    Hear, hear!
    mzceetee and rickgainsmith like this.
    03-05-12 05:56 PM
    I would like to see;

1: The browser fixed in terms of bookmarking, such as the ability to rename them.

2: The ability to change the User Agent on the Browser

3: A Tabbed Browser Interface

4: Increase WiFi speed. File transfer is very slow

5: The ability to stream audio / video to AirPlay and/or Apple TV

6: Enhanced bridge functionality, where the PB could act as an Speaker Phone, Dial Out via BT to your phone and the like

7: BB Protect functionality

Just to name a few.

-Jeff
    Last edited by advcomputer; 03-05-12 at 07:18 PM.
    rickgainsmith likes this.
    03-05-12 07:15 PM
    Absolutely agree.
    03-05-12 07:21 PM
    Fuller integration between BB and PB. I would like a more fluid transfer of files between the two devices and the ability to access and manage my BB apps. Along with that I want BB native apps on the PB, namely BB Protect, Traffic and Travel. I feel like with OS 1 if you owned a BB the PB was wonderful for you, with OS 2.0 if you own a BB life is much more difficult now. I'm used to the syncing of messages but contacts and calendar entries are still cumbersome. If RIM grasps the concept of a unified platform ecosystem like Apple has I think we will see a massive upsurge of BB/PB users. I'm hoping BB10 is the answer to this.
    03-05-12 07:48 PM
    The ability to 'touch and hold' a 'bit of information' (Ex. text, picture, etc) with one finger on the screen (slight glow around finger on screen) and with the other hand swipe up, scroll to another open app, open it, and 'drop' the text/picture/etc. into this new app...

i.e. move info between apps easily and quickly using both hands/fingers

Have a thesaurus word suggestion when using the "predictions and suggestions" option with the keyboard (the row of words above the keyboard).

The thesaurus word suggestions could show-up when the user goes back and touches the word
    03-05-12 08:04 PM
    While I was happy with OS 2.0 there are quite a few things I would still like to see:

- Better Browser Bookmark organization/editing
    - BBM
    - Sync of Contacts/Calender from my BB Phone. (Google Sync!? WTH!)
    - Native Gtalk, Windows Live, etc like on my phone
    - USB OTG!!! More and more mobile devices are getting this, we should too!
    - Access to network shares (Windows, Samba, etc)
    - SMS from Playbook when bridged (Without that email to sms crap. Native true SMS)
    - and finally, ABSOLUTE MUST! It MUST make me coffee in the morning, and get my beer at night damnit! (Why is this not a feature yet???)
    mzceetee likes this.
    03-06-12 12:04 AM
    I don't want much, RIM hasn't left me wanting much at all, just a "find on this page" search feature in the browser and support for CSV files in Documents To Go.

A blacklist instead of a whitelist for WebGL sites would be nice. Failing that, a way to remove sites from the whitelist would also be welcome.
    iatedeadpeople likes this.
    03-06-12 01:22 AM
    - Native Gtalk, Windows Live, Yahoo Messenger, AIM, etc like on my phone
    - SMS from Playbook when bridged (Native true SMS)
    - Support BBM Groups via bridge
    - Enhanced bridge functionality, where the PB could act as an Speaker Phone, Dial Out via BT to your phone and the like
    - BlackBerry Protect
    - Native BBM (using tablet's PIN)
    - Print FROM PlayBook
    - Dump Bing maps for Google, in fact full integration with core google apps like on the phones (only put them in appworld not sideloading)
    - Improved Facebook and Twitter
    - Fuller integration between BB and PB. I would like a more fluid transfer of files between the two devices
    Last edited by VZWRocka; 04-01-12 at 12:13 AM.
    mzceetee likes this.
    03-06-12 01:47 AM
  17. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    ability to touch / hold a photo and get email to pop up so i can immediately send the photo .... or drag the photo to an email icon ....

ability to rename (photos) ....
    h20work likes this.
    03-06-12 03:53 AM
    I have my PB for only a week, but this are my points for now:

- fix the software Stand-By button which is not working properly since OS1 and has not been fixed in OS2.
    - better GPS support
    - ability to rename icon labels on the home screen. We only can rename folders currently.
    03-06-12 07:26 AM
    i want little bunnies jumping around on my screen!
    themes!
    03-06-12 07:31 AM
    1. Access to network Shares
    2. USB Host
    3. Longer screen timeout
    4. BBM without Bridge
    5. SMS on playbook when bridged
    6. Blackberry Protect
    7. Access to Bootmanager
    8. Ability to change currency in app world
    03-06-12 07:37 AM
    USB support
    03-06-12 07:37 AM
    What everyone else said plus the ability to control the volume on A2DP with the PlayBook
    PTZ likes this.
    03-06-12 07:40 AM
    I agree this would be great, but as a heavy user of Bridge I would be content with some basic display options for Bridge Calendar in particular. Such as:
    - ability to change First Day of Week from default Sunday to Monday (or at least mirror the BB phone's setting, which it currently does not do)
    - ability to change font and size

In fact, I'd be deliriously happy if Bridge Calendar just had the same look and options as the new native calendar! Sure I could just use the native app, but I couldn't agree more with the OP about multiple steps with outlook/gmail, especially when Bridge is such a seamless and elegant solution
    03-06-12 08:13 AM
    My number one thing I'd like? Please fix the broken messages implementation.

1. Fix the broken IMAP implementation
    2. Fix Gmail sync so it deletes emails properly, marks them as read properly, allow me to archive emails on the PB.
    3. Add task sync to gmail.
    4. Add memo and task sync for Exchange.
    4. Fix "mark as read" for Exchange

As a side note, please fix the broken BIS IMAP implementation. Add multiple calendar sync for gmail in BIS, add task sync for gmail in BIS. Add Exchange sync to BIS. Asking me to pay extra (BES) for a feature that is included for free in every other platform is lunacy.

Basically, all the things that *should* be there.

I love my BlackBerry, and my PlayBook. But that doesn't mean I'm not dissatisfied with this update.
    Michel Souris likes this.
    03-06-12 11:41 AM
    I would like to see;

5: The ability to stream audio / video to AirPlay and/or Apple TV

-Jeff
    don't hold your breathe on that one Jeff, DLNA yes, Airplay OTB no. Unless airplay supports DLNA.

I'd like to see
    - Native twitter
    - improved app world
    - predictive text in all text fields
    - gestures in browser (back/fwd/switch tab/close tab)
    - print from PB to real printer
    - enhanced pdf reader
    - if they are sticking with android then please make them appear more native, let them save information upon restart of PB
    - backup to cloud (this will allow sync of bb to pb and vice versa)
    - bridge sms
    - bridge bbm group
    - default bbm app (in which case ignore previous )
    - password manager in browser
    - Bookmark organization/editing
    - universal search
    - find on page feature
    - answer calls on PB via bridge
    - default integrate twitter/fbook/email in video/pics app
    - rename photo
    - mark all/select multiple emails to delte/move/mark as read etc.
    mzceetee likes this.
    03-06-12 01:38 PM
63 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD