1.0.8.6067 has been sitting on my PlayBook for a few days. Never really bothered to test it as every update until now has worked OK.

Nope - cannot access it over the LAN
    Nope - cannot browse App World
    Nope - no browsing.

Thanks RIM!
    12-15-11 12:41 AM
    Weird, this hotfix FIXED wifi for me, in .4985 it kept dropping 30 seconds after connecting.
    12-15-11 06:32 AM
    early christmas present from RIM to you

You are not the only one i think there is a 2-3 page thread on wifi on 1.0.8
    12-15-11 09:49 AM
    early christmas present from RIM to you

You are not the only one i think there is a 2-3 page thread on wifi on 1.0.8
    I see the page on 1.0.8, but that's not the same as 1.0.8.6067, is it?
    12-15-11 10:35 AM
    1.0.8.6067 has been sitting on my PlayBook for a few days. Never really bothered to test it as every update until now has worked OK.

Nope - cannot access it over the LAN
    Nope - cannot browse App World
    Nope - no browsing.

Thanks RIM!
    I have had problems too. Every few days since updating, my PlayBook will not be able to connect to my home network. However, when I re-enter the key, all is well. I had to save the key as a word to go doc because it's a pain typing it in lol. Not very secure, but I'm not too worried about it.

I hope a fix comes along before February. At this point, though, I'm just biding my time with this thing until my wife OKs an iPad. If the progression of ios is any indication, it's going to be a few years before BB10/QNX is any good. Reading the history of ios on the verge, iOS wasn't too great functionally until iOS5. I would have been very disappointed with the past 4 iterations.
    12-15-11 11:34 AM
    Had the same issue, configured my router to use WPA encryption instead of WPA2...deleted profile on PB and added a new WPA one...works flawlessly now.
    12-15-11 11:40 AM
    The wireless N routers are getting pretty cheap these days, so you may want to just try a different router. For example, the Walmart flyer here had Belkin N600 routers at $39. I don't know how well they work with the PlayBook though.
    12-15-11 11:47 AM
    well i had this a first but i did find a fix that worked for me, do the downgrade from beta OS2 trick. turn off playbook, plug into computer,as it turns on the bb desktop will say cant comunicate with playbook do u want to fix/repair. click fix or repair, mac and windows have it different so... and u should be all good when done

do a backup first
    12-15-11 11:51 AM
    I'm not changing my router, I have a special one with 4 SSIDs and VLAN capability.

I shouldn't have to change my router to solve a RIM induced problem.

Hopefully I can find an older OS to stick on there as I really don't like the look of OS2
    12-15-11 12:28 PM
    I have a cable connection and haven't had any WiFi issues with this or any other OS releases. Lucky I guess.
    12-15-11 01:23 PM
    i have no idea what u guys are talking about. works perfectly for me, you guys must be delusional. LAN works, WIFI is good doesnt discconect. bought the battery guru and monopoly from appworld no problem.

Thanks RIM! (sans sarcasm)
    12-15-11 11:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD