Hi,

As I've just been sent yet another free $5 voucher, I thought I'd mention Zinio to anyone that hasn't already 'discovered' it. It's an online subscription magazine eReader thingy. I joined some months ago, and although I've never actually purchased anything, I get sent free vouchers on a fairly regular basis (probably 1 every month or two). To date, I guess I've probably had at least $50 worth of free magazines. Most regular magazines are available (I've had Total Film, Top Gear and Viz to name but 3). Probably worth 5 minutes to sign up if you enjoy reading the occasional magazine. (I don't think you have to give up much in the way of personal data, other than an email address).

I'm not affiliated with Zinio in any way. Just thought I'd share some freeby magazine love... - if you read any rude inuendo in that last sentence, go and get some therapy!!
    09-13-13 08:30 AM
    Hi,

As I've just been sent yet another free $5 voucher, I thought I'd mention Zinio to anyone that hasn't already 'discovered' it. It's an online subscription magazine eReader thingy. I joined some months ago, and although I've never actually purchased anything, I get sent free vouchers on a fairly regular basis (probably 1 every month or two). To date, I guess I've probably had at least $50 worth of free magazines. Most regular magazines are available (I've had Total Film, Top Gear and Viz to name but 3). Probably worth 5 minutes to sign up if you enjoy reading the occasional magazine. (I don't think you have to give up much in the way of personal data, other than an email address).

I'm not affiliated with Zinio in any way. Just thought I'd share some freeby magazine love... - if you read any rude inuendo in that last sentence, go and get some therapy!!
    How do I get therapy??? Do you have to sideload it?
    09-13-13 08:32 AM
    How do I get therapy??? Do you have to sideload it?
    Regards the Therapy, there are certain people on this forum that probably could give it, though I doubt they would make you better!

I can't remember for sure, but I'm fairly certain Zinio is pre-installed on the PlayBook (or at least it was on mine -purchased in the UK)

EDIT: On a second reading, I may have misunderstood your Post. Therapy cannot be installed on a Playbook (you really don't require it if you have one). It is only available for iOS.
    Cynycl likes this.
    09-13-13 08:43 AM
    Is that voucher a per-user thing or can you share it with us? I guess I set my email preferences so that they wouldn't email me at all, but if it can get me free magazines, I guess it's not the worst thing in the world...(I have now updated my email preferences for them to send me offers).
    09-13-13 08:45 AM
    Thanks for sharing the information. I also remember it being on my PlayBook as well. Just never used the app.

Sent from my Z10
    09-13-13 08:54 AM
    Is that voucher a per-user thing or can you share it with us? I guess I set my email preferences so that they wouldn't email me at all, but if it can get me free magazines, I guess it's not the worst thing in the world...(I have now updated my email preferences for them to send me offers).
    I'm not sure the voucher code is personalize or not. You have to enter it before the payment. For what it's worth you can have mine.
    ZINACQUfcdaTWN
    09-13-13 09:02 AM
    It's a per-user thing I'm afraid. Just one use. Sign up, and hopefully they'll send you one of your own though...
    09-13-13 09:02 AM
    I'm not sure the voucher code is personalize or not. You have to enter it before the payment. For what it's worth you can have mine.
    ZINACQUfcdaTWN
    First person to use it will get it, so no fighting!!

EDIT - actually, it works kind of like a PAYG debit card, so if the first person doesn't use the full $5, the second person to use it will get whatever was left.

I've already got one, so I will take a step back and let someone else have it...
    09-13-13 09:03 AM
    Here is another code up for grabs.

ZINACQKCYGmSWb
    09-13-13 09:11 AM
    ZINACQUfcdaTWN
    I took this one, thanks [Dunno if what ChrisMay says is correct and the remaining $1.62 is still up for grabs or not, but if so, anyone can feel free to take it]
    09-13-13 11:51 AM
    Been using Zinio a while now and have several subscriptions, not to be confused with prescriptions you get at therapy. They sent me those freebies early on but I haven't gotten a free one in a while. However,my local library has a link to check out magazines with Zinio. So far I can't seem to get it to work right I think because I already had an account. If you have a good library system see if they offer Zinio check outs.
    09-13-13 10:10 PM
    I've been using Zinio in PlayBook... and it is useful by normal standard anyway... but my issue is, I cannot access the same magazines I have in my PlayBook to my Sony Xperia Z tablet (Android)... anyone having the same issue...

Posted via Z10
    09-14-13 12:55 AM
    I use Zinio and I like it. The only problem is now I cannot access my mags on the PlayBook. Because I don't use it that often, I forgot the password. Changed the password on my pc now I cannot login on the PlayBook. It basically says incorrect username and password. Anyone else come across this?
    09-14-13 02:00 PM
    Well, less than a day later and Zinio have now sent me my own $5 voucher
    09-14-13 02:07 PM
    I use Zinio and I like it. The only problem is now I cannot access my mags on the PlayBook. Because I don't use it that often, I forgot the password. Changed the password on my pc now I cannot login on the PlayBook. It basically says incorrect username and password. Anyone else come across this?
    I had this problem when I changed my password. Deleting and reinstalling Zinio fixed the problem. You will have to redownload all your mags though.
    SamWilli likes this.
    09-14-13 02:50 PM
    Well, less than a day later and Zinio have now sent me my own $5 voucher
    More magazines for you.

Posted via CB10
    09-14-13 04:33 PM