Anyone else suddenly have a Zinio app after the os install? I googled it and it is apparently a magazine reader, any good? Is it worth checking out?

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5
    RecioC likes this.
    04-18-12 08:02 PM
    Nope.

10 Char
    04-18-12 08:08 PM
    I've also got the zinio app after the upgrade .....need to sign in first to use it. Will check it out at a future date.
    04-18-12 08:13 PM
    Yes. And check if they are still offering a $25 credit.
    04-18-12 08:16 PM
    yes, but it does not seem to work very well
    04-18-12 08:19 PM
    Anyone else suddenly have a Zinio app after the os install? I googled it and it is apparently a magazine reader, any good? Is it worth checking out?

It's been available on app world since mid March, it's pretty good actually.
    04-18-12 08:23 PM

I like it. Got the app a few weeks ago when they offered a $25 discount for magazines. Picked up a few free ones (search the CB site for links to free zinio magazines) and got one subscription.
    04-18-12 08:23 PM
    I am very happy with Zinio, spent my $25 credit and more on 3 motorcycle mags, National Geographic and PC Mag.
    04-18-12 09:09 PM
    I only got a $5 bonus, but it works well. I don't know what people are complaining about.
    Creaulx likes this.
    04-18-12 09:12 PM
    Plus 1 for National Geographic, subscribed to that magazine, it's got interactive content too . Zinio is now included within the OS, if you already had Zinio prior to this update then you wouldn't have noticed anything.
    04-18-12 09:12 PM
    Yes, it showed up for some after the update.
    04-18-12 09:22 PM
    the selection is full of crap here on Singapore
    i only want national geographic, but for unkown reason, only russian language available

Sent from my BlackBerry 9700 using Crackberry Apps
    04-18-12 09:24 PM
    By the way, I thought I'd just let everyone know that National Geographic is not the only interactive magazine Zinio offers, I believe there are several others.

Secondly, these magazines are pretty hefty, I know the national geographic ones are about 100 MB or so per magazine. 100 MB doesn't seem like a lot but once you get multiple issues of that, plus your other magazines etc you'll wonder where all your storage space went
    artie and Bakamushi like this.
    04-18-12 09:27 PM
    Yes, it's a good app. I used to use it during the time Photoshop User magazine was running on their site, but on a laptop. I think it would be a bit small for a Playbook, or a Kindle, which is what I'm on and is the same size as the Playbook. If it will display single page display it might fly.

It displays single pages just turn the kindle/playbook....

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    04-19-12 06:50 AM
    I got the app when I heard offering $25 credit. So I figured hey I can finally get the mags I want lol..

They gave me the $25 via email. And had a promo if spent $10 or $20 (can't remember) you get a $5 credit. In total they gave me $30.
    Got my cosmo mag (yes I'm a chick lol) and deciding what to do with the left over $10.

04-19-12 06:52 AM
    It displays single pages just turn the kindle/playbook....

The print is still really tiny, frequently forcing you to zoom. 7" is not the best format for a magazine e-reader.
    04-19-12 08:42 AM
    Well, mine came with two free magazines - Esquire and some girly fashion rag....

I have now learnt how to pinch and zoom on the Zinio app, as that girl looks great in a basque-corset thing..... (Esquire April 2012 - front cover & page 88)

The girly fashion rag is called Elle - and my ex found the article on jeans very interesting!

Will I buy magazines through Zinio? V unlikely....
    04-19-12 09:03 AM
    The print is still really tiny, frequently forcing you to zoom. 7" is not the best format for a magazine e-reader.
    A quick double tap zooms in and another double tapping to zoom out. Couldn't be easier.

I have the app and I love it. I have 6 or 7 subscriptions and will be buying another this month. Started using the apothecary day it came out for the PlayBook.

James
    04-19-12 11:48 AM
    I have been trying to figure out how to uninstall this. It showed up after downloading the new os and I really don't want it. I looked in "my world" in the apps, and it doesn't show up there for me to uninstall. Can someone show me how to remove this app from my playbook? Thanks so much
    04-19-12 12:21 PM
    I have been trying to figure out how to uninstall this. It showed up after downloading the new os and I really don't want it. I looked in "my world" in the apps, and it doesn't show up there for me to uninstall. Can someone show me how to remove this app from my playbook? Thanks so much
    If it can be deleted.... Press on its or any icon and hold and they will all start to blink/pulse. If Zinio can be deleted there will be the small trashcan icon in the upper right corner of the icon. Tap it. Tap on the screen anywhere else and they will all stabilize.
    spring2 likes this.
    04-19-12 02:35 PM
    If it can be deleted.... Press on its or any icon and hold and they will all start to blink/pulse. If Zinio can be deleted there will be the small trashcan icon in the upper right corner of the icon. Tap it. Tap on the screen anywhere else and they will all stabilize.
    Thanks so much for responding! I just found out exactly what you said on accident! (before reading your response ) I was moving my playbook out of the way so I could check in here, and my fingers stayed on the screen too long and the trash cans appeared... and wala!
    04-19-12 02:47 PM
    Strange. I've seen people reporting they now have Zinio pre-installed with the new update. I don't have it on mine.
    04-19-12 04:09 PM
    Strange. I've seen people reporting they now have Zinio pre-installed with the new update. I don't have it on mine.
    Perhaps you installed it and deleted it at one point before this update?

Everyone seemed to also be getting different sized updated, even when they were in the same geographical region and even city.
    kennyliu likes this.
    04-19-12 05:10 PM
    Yes, I found that it had installed with the update. Amazingly I had login info stowed away on roboform and it remembered mags from years ago. There were 30 or so pc mag issues, the first of which was their tablet pc edition from 2002! Strange here we are 10 years later using Zinio on a new generation tablet. Back then I was using a fujitsu Stylistic (winxp tab pc) slate and a p1610 convertible. Everyone had a different vision of what tablet computing would be like in the future. What is missing from All of these new generation "tablets" is a digitizer layer so we can get the natural pen on paper ability that we enjoyed back then. I love the pb, but it's the one thing I miss!
    04-21-12 10:11 PM
    I got it too, and there is no deleting it.
    04-21-12 10:42 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD