Is it possible to some how extract the bar file of bb10 browser to side load to PB? Thank you

Posted via CB10
    05-17-13 11:14 AM
    Is it possible to some how extract the bar file of bb10 browser to side load to PB? Thank you

Posted via CB10
    nope not possible z10 browser is written in cascades the playbook in its current iteration does not support cascades
    05-17-13 11:16 AM
    nope not possible z10 browser is written in cascades the playbook in its current iteration does not support cascades
    Oh I see thanks for the response .

Posted via CB10
    05-17-13 11:29 AM
    Are you sure about that? Aren't Pacemaker and Scrapbook cascades apps? See here- http://forums.crackberry.com/playboo...es-app-720188/ Xsacha usually knows what he's talking about.
    05-17-13 12:36 PM
    Are you sure abou that? Aren't Pacemaker and Scrapbook cascades apps? See here- http://forums.crackberry.com/playboo...es-app-720188/ Xsacha usually knows what he's talking about.
    I'm not sure the PlayBook would know what to do with it, without the Cascades framework running on the OS.
    05-17-13 12:38 PM
    Maybe this isn't the right place for this question but I've been thinking about getting a Play Book but before I do that, will the PB tether to or with the Z10? That would be THE only reason why I buy it.
    05-17-13 03:19 PM
    Maybe this isn't the right place for this question but I've been thinking about getting a Play Book but before I do that, will the PB tether to or with the Z10? That would be THE only reason why I buy it.
    DEPENDS. There is a Bridge app built into the pb and bb phones have Bridge functions that allow the pb to use the data connection of the phone. There is at least one proviso - AT&T has blocked that function and considers it a separate paid service. I am not aware of any other carriers that act that way.

I believe folks have indicated that there is a work around to avoid this AT&T limitation for the z10 (q10 eventually???). There are definite work arounds for the older OS7 and earlier devices.

Oh, I probably should clarify as best that _I_ can: you probably can use wifi-hotspot with the z10 no matter the bridge function but that probably will be a separate and included or excluded service from your particular carrier.
    05-17-13 04:56 PM