You can pick up a BlackBerry PlayBook cheap now and I had one before when released. But my question is is it worth it for a cheap tablet. I know blackberry doesn't support it so my first question is....what does that mean??? exactly. Does it have good apps like Netflix,bbc I player, Skype or can it work android apps so there's my second. And lastly will it work with my z10 syncing etc via BlackBerry zedge thanks guys on advance

Posted with finesse using my Zee 10
    08-07-14 09:04 AM
    What does it mean to you depending on your needs from the tablet. Base on the apps you need and the limited bridge function with Z10. I would say you better off getting android or ios tablets. PlayBook is a good media player at this point. Music, video, E reading, picture and video recording, great speakers. I just have to add that I recently added showbox. It's glitchy and slow but if you have the patience to download, it's fine from there.

Posted via CB10
    Carl Estes and castoridae like this.
    08-07-14 09:16 AM
    If you need a device for Netflix, BBC, Skype and other Android apps, you better get an Android tablet.

PlayBook is for die hard fans at this moment. I'm one of them.
    08-07-14 09:24 AM
    Put simply, it's a pretty decent bit of kit for a 3 1/2 year old tablet. But 3 1/2 year old tablets are somewhat obselete.
    08-07-14 09:30 AM
    Not unless you can get it for $50.

Posted via CB10
    08-07-14 10:05 AM
    If you want Android apps, don't bother (BTW, streaming BBC iPlayer works fine although the download option is not available on PlayBook.)
    And of course support has all but gone, although strangely PlayBook still appears as a current device on the BlackBerry website.
    But if like me you're happy with a tablet with excellent build quality for surfing (use Fast Browser), e-mail, very good camera & video camera (in daylight), basic excel & word (Docs2Go app supplied), music player, e-reader & other basic tablet uses then go for a 64GB PlayBook.
    And if you're in the UK go for the 85.99 32GB 4G (actually 3G in the UK) version on Ebay.
    Kind regards.
    Bertie
    08-07-14 10:31 AM
    Things like Netflix are not available on the Playbook. Neither by native app or sideloaded app. Having flash support in the browser is great, but I've started to run into sites which say I need a newer version of flash to play the requested video (no update is available), so this functionality may decrease in usefulness over time. In all honesty, it's an OKAY tablet, but better money is spent on an Android tablet if you want to be able to run a greater selection of apps. I use mine daily for watching downloaded video files or as an ebook. Do some minor web surfing, but it is rather slow on this device. The only other use is for my daughter to use to play some basic games.
    08-08-14 08:55 AM
    Don't take it unless it's free, then sell it and use that money towards a new Android tablet or iPad mini.
    08-08-14 08:59 AM
    I got a cheap Android tablet to compare the PB with. Perhaps OK for a grade school child. When I pressed the "Android Android Android" crowd on it, the answer was "oh,well, you need to get a $150 or up to really see it". If you are already android fluent and want a good usable device that has some good battery life and good support look at the more expensive android tablets. If, like me, you never have had a tablet and wanted to see what the fuss was about, the PB Is a great place to start. Even when I get something to replace it in the future, it is so solid it will always be able to do something,if only as a media player. Just my opinion.
    08-10-14 12:07 PM
    ...if only as a media player. Just my opinion.
    Thing is, it's so good at that. It's three and a half years old, and I still love it for its media abilities. I can well understand the irritation of those who bought at full whack, but I paid 120 for a 64GB tablet, that has served me brilliantly for two years so far, and which might be outdated now, but still has a lot of use left in it just as that if nothing else.

I can't complain at all.

Posted via CB10
    08-10-14 12:13 PM
    Other post was right, depends on what you want in a tablet.
    The playbook serves everything I want, but I don't play games or do netflicks.

Its good for all my email, taking photos, video taping stuff, playing youtube, facebook, twitter.
    I also plug it directly into my hdtv using the hdmi and watch tv to catch up on tv series like game of thrones, etc from free places like project free tv, etc.

Can do all that at home or traveling, using free wifi spots.

I realize my uses and needs are different from many people. I don't even have a smartphone, just a regular cell phone,.not even texting capabilites. Don't need it. Email, Facebook and landphone are my major communication devices.

So, you got to decide what you personally want from a tablet. Many people move on to the Nexus 7 after leaving their playbook.
    Hope that helps.
    dazzleaj likes this.
    08-10-14 01:14 PM