I have a fully functional 32 mb BlackBerry Playbook, YouTube was not a daily stop, but it worked till today when I got a Page return saying my browser that came installed on my Playbook is no longer supported. The Page suggested Firefox, or Chrome, but those sites both said Playbook not supported. What works?
    05-17-16 05:44 PM
    You need a new tablet.
    maclancer likes this.
    05-17-16 06:22 PM
    What works?
    TubeMate works.
    05-17-16 06:31 PM
    I have a fully functional 32 mb BlackBerry Playbook, YouTube was not a daily stop, but it worked till today... What works?
    Simple Browser and set the agent ID to be IE... similarly for Origami Browser.

Posted via CB10
    05-18-16 04:17 PM
    Origami browser or stereo tube, both on bb world

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    05-23-16 06:25 PM
    FWIW, the Playbook's native browser still works with YouTube. If you get directed to the page which says your browser isn't supported, simply press the "No Thanks" button and you'll be taken to the site.
    roleli and castoridae like this.
    05-23-16 08:31 PM
    It works on Origami or original browser, don't get any warning but videos tend to be glitchy.
    I use StereoTube instead, works great.
    It bothers me they stopped the original Youtube app from working, anything that was still in the history list plays fine so I dunno why they artificially disable it.
    roleli likes this.
    05-26-16 12:49 AM
    You need a new tablet.
    Quite agreed... the playbook is too old.
    06-01-16 02:09 PM
    Really? I guess I'll have to euthanize mine in short order then.
    06-01-16 03:37 PM
    I had a BlackBerry PlayBook 64 and recently sold it. I enjoyed it when I had it. It would be nice to see a New Tablet with cool features.

Posted via CB10
    06-02-16 03:05 PM
    I have sideloaded Youtube Android app. Only version 2.026 work. The only thig with this app, is wou can't connect to your youtube acount.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by theoleblanc; 06-18-16 at 02:43 PM.
    06-11-16 10:04 AM
    I don't use the PB any more, but sideloaded Tubemate always let me sign in with my YT account.
    06-11-16 11:37 AM
    StereoMate works really well. Tubemate works, but I find the interface sluggish.

Posted via CB10
    06-15-16 09:54 AM
    Agreed, fschmeck. Loved StereoTube when I had the PB. I was just address blanc's remark about not being able to sign into the YT account. Last I checked, the only options for that were the limited Android sideloads (TubeMate, Android browsers in BB World) that still work on the PB. All depends on what's important to you; someone with a lot of subscriptions would want to sign in, whereas someone who just searches for videos ad hoc doesn't need that function necessarily.
    06-15-16 10:51 AM
    Agreed, fschmeck. Loved StereoTube when I had the PB.
    Oops...StereoTube, not StereoMate! Yes, it still works, but all I ever do is search and watch. For any advanced features YMMV.

Posted via CB10
    mh1983 likes this.
    06-16-16 08:28 AM
    Wow a one of a kind! 32MB PlayBook! Anyway, I recently started work as an undertaker and I'm here to collect all the dead stuff here. So hand over them PlayBooks mate!

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    mh1983 likes this.
    06-16-16 09:04 AM
    I have sideloaded Youtube Android app. Only version 2.026 work. The only thig with this app, is wou can't connect to your youtube acount.

Posted via CB10
    Can you share this app pls? I converted the same version 2.0.26 but it does not work on my PB.
    Thank you
    07-05-16 02:56 AM
    The mobile site of youtube through the Playbook browser allows for full screen but trying to directly save the mobile site's link results in a re-direct to the desktop site with its viewing problems. There is a relatively quick way to get to the mobile, though. Open Duckduckgo, paste in the mobile link and search. When the results finish then save the website to either your bookmarks or your Homepage.

So, when opening this saved search link, it will pull up the search result that works. That first search response can then be opened to the mobile site.

Here are the two separate links:
    https://duckduckgo.com/
    https://m.youtube.com/?app=m

Or all in one:
    https://duckduckgo.com/?q=https://m....t=ha&ia=videos

Using the Mobile site allows you to tap the video to go directly to full screen. And several other features work, like the progress/forward/back bar, closed captioning, and the Trending videos.

Note: using the Mobile site with the Playbook's browser can result in a couple of problems. It very occasionally freezes the device and only a reboot works. And it does not like the back button. Basically, you should only select the links to the right or those links that appear after your video ends. Or use the search button. If you try the back button then the previous screen will not react, and if you try the long press and Open as a New Tab it will just go to YouTube Desktop. You'd then need to go open the saved link again.

As for video links on the right side, it doesn't allow scrolling in landscape but if you did turn it to portrait you'd be able to scroll and see a lot more related video.

This last note brings up an interesting thing about the Playbook. Many websites can look and interact a lot differently depending on whether you're in landscape or portrait. I think many interpret the Playbook as a mobile device and configure to portrait even when it's almost always used in landscape.
    07-16-16 08:03 PM
    Frost browser works

Posted via CB10
    07-17-16 08:35 PM
    Try the Origamibrowser. I just did and it works. I didn't try to log in, but it did play video clips.
    07-21-16 12:50 PM