Hey guys,

For some reason YouTube isn't working properly. It loads but doesn't show the pictures beside the different videos. It won't load my Google+, so I'm not receiving my messages. I can't access my channel options. The icon in the upper left beside the YouTube (3 horizontal lines?) doesn't do anything. Actually nothing in that whole space along the top works...

This started yesterday and is still not working now. I'm able to play videos but have a hard time trying to restart a video in the middle. It keeps locking up, forcing me to restart and try again, and again, and again. This is great for the advertisers but not me! Lol

I've tried rebooting my PlayBook to no avail.

Thanks
    Dizzy
    05-08-14 09:22 AM
    Install origami browser, and set the user agent to firefox or if you prefer you can also use mobile youtube just turn off desktop mode and set the mobile user agent to ipad.
    Diazaman likes this.
    05-08-14 01:27 PM
    I'll try but it's not the answer I'm looking for. I should still be able to use the YouTube that is in the built in browser, no? I've got other browsers like dolphin and origami but really don't want to resort to using them if I don't have to.
    Thanks
    Dizzy
    05-08-14 01:47 PM
    Okay Bro, as soon as I clicked the origami icon, yt immediately came up? But it's exactly the same???

Yt mobile works fine but doesn't alert me when someone has commented I don't think?
    05-08-14 02:01 PM
    Problem is solved by using FAST BROWSER and setting the user agent to Firefox. I had your problem and I too had the same problem with Origami, but FAST BROWSER works fine. Oh, of course, you have to take it off "fast" mode.Cheers.
    Diazaman likes this.
    05-08-14 10:54 PM
    Install origami browser, and set the user agent to firefox or if you prefer you can also use mobile youtube just turn off desktop mode and set the mobile user agent to ipad.
    I must be slow cuz I didn't see the part of your suggestion that said to set my user agent to firefox?!?!

So needless to say when I first said to you that it didn't work. I hadn't even tried it. I'd love to try your "fix" but honestly don't have a clue what you're talking about! LOL...

I pressed everything trying to find the place to change it to firefox. But I couldn't find any settings to change. I tried Google hoping to find out how as well. But I'm quite illiterate when it comes to these "boxes"...

Maybe you could guide me through it? Please and thank you. I'd definitely appreciate it that's for sure...
    05-09-14 02:27 AM
    Great advice, mines working fine now ;-)
    05-09-14 10:18 AM
    I must be slow cuz I didn't see the part of your suggestion that said to set my user agent to firefox?!?!

So needless to say when I first said to you that it didn't work. I hadn't even tried it. I'd love to try your "fix" but honestly don't have a clue what you're talking about! LOL...

I pressed everything trying to find the place to change it to firefox. But I couldn't find any settings to change. I tried Google hoping to find out how as well. But I'm quite illiterate when it comes to these "boxes"...

Maybe you could guide me through it? Please and thank you. I'd definitely appreciate it that's for sure...
    In origami in the upper right corner there is an icon with three lines, press it then press the settings option, a new tab will appear then scroll down to user agent and change desktop mode user agent to firefox.
    Diazaman likes this.
    05-09-14 03:49 PM
    at last i am not alone-identical issue-no thumbnails of videos ,no acres to top bar of my youtube and when a video loads the show more button doesn't work and the comments won't load?worked fantastic for years-lliterally-did the recent download do this???please help me too love this pb.
    05-09-14 04:22 PM
    good new sis that it works.just wish i knew why after all this time working in google.blackman91 if u are having problems let me put in steps-go to blackberry worl and search -origami-download the free app ,origami browser.whenit installs as said before at top right are series of horizontal lies-touch-there is drop down-touch settings-goes to new page.scroll down and see on left side -default user agent-change to -playbook-and bride this is-desktop mode user agent-change to-firefox-close and reopen origami-search sing google-and you will see across top where you can open youtube if you already have a google account.sign in and away-thanks agin to everyone. len ward
    Diazaman likes this.
    05-09-14 04:47 PM
    In origami in the upper right corner there is an icon with three lines, press it then press the settings option, a new tab will appear then scroll down to user agent and change desktop mode user agent to firefox.
    Thanks again Blackman91...
    I've got no idea how I missed the "settings" but even if I had I still would have been lost....lol

Everything is working fine now, mind you I'm not familiar with the Origami browser but I'm sure I'll get used to it. So did this happen to everyone using a playbook? Also I'm thinking I probably don't need to use the built in browser anymore, so would it be a problem if removed it from the top bar and replaced it with the origami icon? I played around with that area before and screwed up the machine, by removing all of them. I don't wanna have to go through that again...lol
    05-10-14 11:01 AM
    Problem is solved by using FAST BROWSER and setting the user agent to Firefox. I had your problem and I too had the same problem with Origami, but FAST BROWSER works fine. Oh, of course, you have to take it off "fast" mode.Cheers.
    I was gonna follow your advice until I realized I'd have to purchase FAST BROWSER. It doesn't matter now because Blackman91 explained to me how to get origami to work.

Dizzy
    05-10-14 11:11 AM
    Hey Bro, now that I've done this and it works fine, I've removed the stock browser from the top replacing it with Origami. But when I'm reading my emails and want to see a yt video, it automatically opens the stock browser. I'm able to watch the video but can't do anything else...

Is there a way to get it to open the Origami browsers YouTube?

Thanks,
    Dizzy
    05-10-14 04:49 PM
    Unfortunately with the limitations with the playbook OS the feature to change default apps like selecting a browser didn't come until bb10

Sent from my XT1049 using Tapatalk
    Diazaman likes this.
    05-10-14 06:42 PM
    Unfortunately with the limitations with the playbook OS the feature to change default apps like selecting a browser didn't come until bb10

Sent from my XT1049 using Tapatalk
    Well that's not cool...

So is BlackBerry/PlayBook planning to ignore this problem with their browser's incompatibility with YouTube? If so, I respectively, advise stockholders to sell now. Before they loose their shirts.

For what it's worth, come Monday, I'm immediately going shopping for an Android!
    05-10-14 09:04 PM
    So is BlackBerry/PlayBook planning to ignore this problem with their browser's incompatibility with YouTube?
    Their browser isn't incompatible with YouTube. Maybe yours is, but mine isn't, and I'm guessing that most peoples aren't..
    Diazaman likes this.
    05-10-14 09:11 PM
    Their browser isn't incompatible with YouTube. Maybe yours is, but mine isn't, and I'm guessing that most peoples aren't..
    Why is it working for you and not me Bro? I thought this was a problem for everyone...lol But honestly, if only 1 person has a problem and 100 people don't, is that any different than 100 people having a problem and 1 person that doesn't?

Now that I've gotta use YouTube with Origami and Firefox, I'm unable to upload videos, grrrr.....

Anyway there has got to be another solution to this problem. No? Do you think maybe we contracted a social disease? Lol. I do know that the day it happened to me, I checked out the YouTube forum and there was a chick that had just finished posting a thread about going through the exact same experience, occurring at the same time as mine. Only difference was in the machines we used. The YT forum has a bunch of threads on this subject. Needless to say I'm hoping that this will be fixed in the near future...
    05-11-14 04:22 PM
    Why is it working for you and not me Bro? I thought this was a problem for everyone...lol But honestly, if only 1 person has a problem and 100 people don't, is that any different than 100 people having a problem and 1 person that doesn't?

Now that I've gotta use YouTube with Origami and Firefox, I'm unable to upload videos, grrrr.....

Anyway there has got to be another solution to this problem. No? Do you think maybe we contracted a social disease? Lol. I do know that the day it happened to me, I checked out the YouTube forum and there was a chick that had just finished posting a thread about going through the exact same experience, occurring at the same time as mine. Only difference was in the machines we used. The YT forum has a bunch of threads on this subject. Needless to say I'm hoping that this will be fixed in the near future...
    Check in the default browser settings if you have javascript and flash enabled maybe thats why youtube isnt working correctly for you also you can also upload videos using the playbook youtube app.
    Diazaman likes this.
    05-11-14 05:37 PM
    OK. I just reread your original post, and I'm experiencing (at least) some of the same problems that you are with the native browser. Now before you say, aha, I tried accessing YouTube through the three browsers that I have loaded on my Kindle Fire HD, and they have the same issues. So, is it a Playbook Browser problem, or a YouTube problem?
    05-11-14 06:09 PM
    Check in the default browser settings if you have javascript and flash enabled maybe thats why youtube isnt working correctly for you also you can also upload videos using the playbook youtube app.
    LOL Thanks Bro, I just went to the regular browser and used the same yt I always use and it worked fine...mind you it's still got some problems with the icons but the top row(name?) is working ...

As far as the cookies and cache go. When I first accessed the browser there was a message concerning that exact subject...lol you definitely know your sh@t O_O...

I tried to do all that but got stuck at a password that I forget and the email I put down isn't even in my email folder, and blah blah blah. So I gotta get that straight, then I'll make my attempt at fixing this infernal box....
    05-11-14 10:29 PM
    OK. I just reread your original post, and I'm experiencing (at least) some of the same problems that you are with the native browser. Now before you say, aha, I tried accessing YouTube through the three browsers that I have loaded on my Kindle Fire HD, and they have the same issues. So, is it a Playbook Browser problem, or a YouTube problem?
    Between mine just starting again and @Blackman91 's new information. I'm beginning to think it's a bit of both... But that's on par with asking my opinion on pork belly futures, ill advised!

I appreciate your feedback on this though. It does take a community...
    05-11-14 10:40 PM
    Hello,

I haven't been able to play Youtube videos on my 9900 for the past week! (I started a thread in the appropriate forum earlier today). Perhaps it is a Youtube issue!
    05-11-14 10:50 PM
    Hello,

I'm laughing at this thread of mine that I forgot about! I've got a different thread going at the moment, it looks like it's more up to date...

First try Maxthon browser it works but in mobile format. Although I'm able to sometimes use the desktop version for movies not available for mobile devices. It would not work today though, I received another message that insists the movie is unplayable on my device???

Also if you check my thread, you'll see I'm still trying to get into YouTube through the native browser to no avail...

I did find another thread that was talking about the exact same thing and there is a person saying that they sign in using only the first part of their email address, no @gmail, and it works. The person with the problem and I both tried this to no avail, but they believe it's because having the 2 tiered sign in system but I don't have that and I'm unable to sign in either! I forgot to leave a comment on that, so I'm off to do that right after posting this...

If you've already over come this problem, please notify me, thanks a lot...I haven't been able to play Youtube videos on my 9900 for the past week! (I started a thread in the appropriate forum earlier today). Perhaps it is a Youtube issue!
    07-21-14 04:30 AM