hope this isnt "illegal" or frowned upon to post. if so, just delete...

great way for free music of your choice.
    go to youtube in your browser, copy the url, then paste in box here; YouTube to mp3 Converter
    hit "convert video". then next to the thumbnail of the video, you'll get an option to download. click download, and save, and there you have it. any song from youtube, saved in your music folder as an mp3. FOR FREE!!!!!!

enjoy!
    thelink74, sosof, Daruba and 2 others like this.
    11-30-11 08:01 PM
    Sweet....now is there a converter that works for you tube video as well? I know Atube Catcher works, but not on the PB
    01-02-12 01:36 PM
    if your on a Mac here is a tip for youtube and other streaming sites with no drm. using safari go to the page with the content you want. start the video/audio. open the activity monitor window and scroll through it. you will see a file that has no size or the size is growing, this is your media file. option click and it will download. then if it is video you downloaded and want the audio from it, open in quicktime, view properties, delete the video track and save as audio file. import to itunes and u r done. also if it was the whole video u wanted, convert the download using handbrake or even quicktime. side note, you will need perian installed and maybe flip4mac as well to help quicktime do its thing.

be cool.

might be more work but its the techie way, lol.
    anindoc likes this.
    01-02-12 02:10 PM
    I've used thisFree conversion - no download required - Zamzar to save you tube video to my desktop.
    01-02-12 05:20 PM
    I've used thisFree conversion - no download required - Zamzar to save you tube video to my desktop.
    This worked great on a couple of small files (up to 100 mb), but signing up for $7 or $16 is a bit rich.

Does anyone know any other options?
    01-02-12 10:42 PM
    hope this isnt "illegal" or frowned upon to post. if so, just delete...

great way for free music of your choice.
    go to youtube in your browser, copy the url, then paste in box here; YouTube to mp3 Converter
    hit "convert video". then next to the thumbnail of the video, you'll get an option to download. click download, and save, and there you have it. any song from youtube, saved in your music folder as an mp3. FOR FREE!!!!!!

enjoy!
    thanks! this is much appreciated....
    01-03-12 12:21 AM
    dudes, its cool and all to get the tunes from youtube but the quality is sooooooooooo bad. I actually get annoyed listening to youtube for any length of time, worse than AM radio in 1978.

If your going to bother with this at all i say just go to a torrent site and get a good copy, save your and your friends ears. Just my opinion.
    01-03-12 12:40 AM
    I think it depends on the quality of the youtube vid. I dl'd a Christmas album for the holidays, and it was 100% perfect.

I'm hearing a lot about torrents, but don't know of a good client, or website to allow me to download torrents. Any suggestions bud?

Thanks,

M
    01-04-12 09:42 AM
    I think it depends on the quality of the youtube vid. I dl'd a Christmas album for the holidays, and it was 100% perfect.

I'm hearing a lot about torrents, but don't know of a good client, or website to allow me to download torrents. Any suggestions bud?

Thanks,

M
    I use piratebay.org for torrents.
    01-04-12 10:52 AM
    Yeah, pirate bay is great, but what torrent client, or application do you use to open them?

- edit - Sorry, I am looking to find something strictly on the PB. Not using a PC or Mac. That's why I liked this converter, no need to transfer anything, and all can be done on the PB. (reason being is that my laptop is down, and with the PB, I'm not in a rush to get it fixed).
    Last edited by msteiner0539; 01-05-12 at 10:05 AM.
    01-05-12 09:34 AM
    There are numerous plug-ins for Firefox and Chrome that will allow you to download from Youtube in multiple formats
    01-05-12 09:39 AM
    if your on a Mac here is a tip for youtube and other streaming sites with no drm. using safari go to the page with the content you want. start the video/audio. open the activity monitor window and scroll through it. you will see a file that has no size or the size is growing, this is your media file. option click and it will download. then if it is video you downloaded and want the audio from it, open in quicktime, view properties, delete the video track and save as audio file. import to itunes and u r done. also if it was the whole video u wanted, convert the download using handbrake or even quicktime. side note, you will need perian installed and maybe flip4mac as well to help quicktime do its thing.

be cool.

might be more work but its the techie way, lol.
    I use this method all the time. Even quicker if you open the .flv in mpeg streamclip (free download for mac and windows) converts to any format instantly audio or video.
    01-05-12 09:40 AM
    I use this method all the time. Even quicker if you open the .flv in mpeg streamclip (free download for mac and windows) converts to any format instantly audio or video.
    Looks like you need their beta for youtube. Is that what you use?
    01-05-12 10:56 AM
    any web based services that work on a pb? a pb app would be ideal.
    01-05-12 02:14 PM
    Yeah, pirate bay is great, but what torrent client, or application do you use to open them?

- edit - Sorry, I am looking to find something strictly on the PB. Not using a PC or Mac. That's why I liked this converter, no need to transfer anything, and all can be done on the PB. (reason being is that my laptop is down, and with the PB, I'm not in a rush to get it fixed).
    [YT]v=0QfqZ2QWBm8[/YT]

This app was rejected by RIM Its version 1.0 and a little slow, but its the only native torrent client for PB. This app would have been a smashing hit, i feel sorry for the developers.
    01-06-12 08:57 AM
    well i think its illegal :P
    i use youtube to mp3 to listen to gameplay walkthroughs and stuff like that
    just occasionally a song or two^^
    but yea i dont think its legal
    regards
    05-03-13 06:46 AM
    Try this method:

Go to YouTube, and then insert an "ss" in front of the youtube and after the "www."
    This willtake you to a site, open a second "www.youtube.com", and find the file you are looking for. Copy that into the "SSyoutube" page, and you will be able to download it into your Playbook.

Hope this helps.

C
    05-06-13 10:30 AM
    Sweet....now is there a converter that works for you tube video as well? I know Atube Catcher works, but not on the PB
    Yes, I've just done this, on the Playbook. I use Simple Browser, which allows you to open up to 4 windows, but don't know if that's necessary, just as a point in case it's relevant.

So, first I went to YouTube and opened up a video I would like recorded. I then 'copied' the url (press and hold to get the option)
    Then open up another window and type in Dirpy - Internet DVR - YouTube to MP3 Converter and Video Downloader (dirpy-dot-com)
    Paste the YouTube url into the address bar
    You can then record as MP3 or MP4, or both (one after the other)
    The file(s) is then stored in your Downloads folder

Hope that helps ... ???
    05-06-13 05:41 PM
    Not to restate the obvious, since it has been discussed numerous times before, but as they say, there's app for that, which apparently a few still do know about. The app is TubeMate and it is essentially a YouTube app with a download function. You simply do a search in the app for the video you want, select your video, then hit download. The app will ask you which format (including mp3) and resolution you want and then download. No copying, pasting, switching tabs, etc. Easy as pie. TubeMate YouTube Downloader 1.05.48 - Official Website
    GooseberryFool likes this.
    05-06-13 07:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD