There is something definitely wrong with video playback after the new OS. What used to be a breeze (OS1) has become a major issue.

When I connect my PB to the TV via HDMI and attempt to play a video (youtube app or browser) it does not work. They will not load. I would need to unplug my HDMI cable to kick start the video, then plug it back for it to work. In general the whole youtube app becomes sluggish. Bizarre isn't it?

When my PB is plugged I will get the "internet connection is too slow to play video". Today I'm getting "video can not be played" Sometimes the youtube video screen just stays black.

I have tried a security wipe to no avail, any one facing similar issues? Never had this issue in OS1

NOTE: this turned out to be a remote control issue and not HDMI, see below.
    Last edited by Vector-SS; 02-27-12 at 02:21 PM.
    02-27-12 07:20 AM
    This is the first I have heard of this. I use both the native Youtube app and browser, and have no issues with viewing on my tv via HDMI.

When you did your security wipe, did you just wipe and restore or did you test out before restoring?
    02-27-12 07:34 AM
    This is the first I have heard of this. I use both the native Youtube app and browser, and have no issues with viewing on my tv via HDMI.

When you did your security wipe, did you just wipe and restore or did you test out before restoring?
    I actually never restored anything. I believe I figured out what this issue is. It seems to be the remote control!!

Plugged in the playbook and controlled it via the touch screen and worked flawlessly plugged into my TV. I then disconnected the playbook, closed down the youtube app. Reconnected the playbook, activated the remote control on my 9700, launched the youtube app, and it went down hill from there. Sluggish, barely working, and videos did not load.

Anyone else can confirm this? Thanks.
    02-27-12 08:31 AM
    Just opened youtube in the standard browser and showing on my tv - no issues. Then I fired up the remote on my 9650 and still no issues, I moved the progress slider and rolled back the video a few minutes. All's fine.
    02-27-12 09:20 AM
    Just did another test, this time not connected to the tv and I faced the same issue. So I was wrong and has nothing to do with the HDMI cable.

Basically, if I connect my 9700 as a remote control and launch the youtube app, search for a song ( first delay happens here, very slow), then search results (thumbnails) load extremely slow. Once they've all loaded up, I choose a song and it takes forever to attempt loading, more often than not I get a black screen and nothing happens.

Disconnect remote and repeat above procedure and everything is almost instant.

Tests were done using a hard reset playbook and a battery pulled 9700 and 9800.
    02-27-12 01:15 PM
    Attempt removing the saved Bluetooth Profiles from each device and only pair one device and test again.
    02-27-12 01:24 PM
    Tried removing profile and adding them again, nothing.

Here's a video I just recorded trying to demonstrate the issue.

02-27-12 02:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD