Hi,

Firstly, up until today youtube on the browser needed flash enabled to display videos. Just now i visited youtube and the video started playing even though i forgot to turn on flash...could my flash be enabled but the pb is telling me otherwise?

Also recently typing in the browser (especially google) has become painfully slow within the last week, just something ive noticed.
    05-27-12 06:54 PM
    Right ive tested some more and even with flash enabled the pb is cutting, chopping and crashing most youtube videos.. Infact on 8/10 of videos i have just tried.

Anyone else getting this?

EDIT: in addition to this my browser has just crashed for the first time since the latest firmware update... And it managed to close all my running apps along with it
    Last edited by mkanaman; 05-27-12 at 07:12 PM.
    05-27-12 07:08 PM
    Not all videos are just flash/flv. Some are in mp4. On iphone, the only mp4 videos play.
    05-27-12 07:18 PM
    Hi,

Firstly, up until today youtube on the browser needed flash enabled to display videos. Just now i visited youtube and the video started playing even though i forgot to turn on flash...could my flash be enabled but the pb is telling me otherwise?

Also recently typing in the browser (especially google) has become painfully slow within the last week, just something ive noticed.
    Go on your PC, go to YouTube and right click.

You'll see "About Flash 11.2" on some videos.

On others you'll see "About HTML5"

YouTube has some videos in HTML5 and some in flash. The ones in Flash need the PlayBook's flash setting to be enabled. Any HTML5 videos off of YouTube will work without the PlayBook's flash setting to be enabled.
    mkanaman likes this.
    05-27-12 07:24 PM
    If you dont want to use flash, try m.youtube.com , its the mobile version of the site and doesnt require any flash playback enabled.
    05-28-12 12:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD