I've noticed that since the upgrade to 2.1, many vids on YouTube (when using the App) give an error that the video can not be played although I can play them by going through the browser to the YouTube site.

Anyone else experience this?
    10-06-12 09:30 AM
    I've noticed that since the upgrade to 2.1, many vids on YouTube (when using the App) give an error that the video can not be played although I can play them by going through the browser to the YouTube site.

Anyone else experience this?
    Yes, it supposedly stems from the Flash player included in 2.1. Beta worked OK at least for me. Some web sites will also bring up this error. I'm hoping that RIM will "fix" this soon.
    Shayme likes this.
    10-06-12 10:16 AM
    You can do something more radical. Download TubeMate repackaged for PlayBook from here TubeMate YouTube Downloader 1.05.39 - Official Website.

Use your favourite install method (Chrome PlayBook plugin, command line, Windows program), and download all the Youtube content you wish in mp4 format. I'm loving this app because I can download videos in 720p to 1080p MP4 format that the PlayBook plays beautifully.
    10-06-12 11:57 AM
    happenning with me as well. Hoping for a fix.
    10-07-12 08:45 AM
    Has anybody tried the New designed version of Android Youtube app (for android 2.3) that's on the Goodereader website?

It only shows black screen for me..I was REALLY hoping this would work beautifully on playbook, as it's MUCH better design that the black one before, but I am very disappointed.

The stock playbook youtube app give errors too much, and website is just not easy on the finger, and full screen doesn't work either, and also I can't keep the screen size the medium. It always goes back to small when I open the browser again, and it's so annoying.

So has anyone had any luck with the new android youtube app?
    10-11-12 09:36 PM