12-22-11 06:04 PM
108 1234 ...
tools
    i say go postal. water boarding for all till they talk. taking a mans playbook, thats worse than sleeping with his wife.

hopefully, they figure it out for you.
    Last edited by CanadianThomas; 12-07-11 at 09:06 PM.
    12-07-11 09:03 PM
    Kill them all, take no prisoners.....
    Dont worry sure your PB will show up.
    12-07-11 09:33 PM
    Could be they delivered it to the wrong address too. Had UPS do this... They delivered it to the right house # on the wrong street...

Another time USPS delivered something to the wrong house # on the right street. Getting UPS to do a follow up investigation wasn't that hard. Getting USPS to do it might be though... They aren't a private company.
    axe50 likes this.
    12-07-11 09:37 PM
    not unusual case.santa placed an order that usps fail to deliver on time.it was later determined that the grinch had stolen santa's package from the usps mail man and had turned the mail man into a cockroach and ate him.
    Matador likes this.
    12-07-11 10:15 PM
    USPS says they delivered my PB and I never got it. Now I'm gonna have to fight with USPS about this. I am so so pissed. This is ridiculous!!! I saw the mailman today and he was a shady looking new guy too. I asked him if he had my package and he said no. I told him that it said "out for delivery" and he was like "nope, don't have it". MF!!! I can't believe my luck!
    The first sentence says "they delivered" the second to last one says "out for delivery" which one is it ? Aside from that, USPS tends to usually post that they attempted to deliver
    at times that I can honestly remember me being at home. Hopefully your case just ends up being a misunderstanding and you get your PB tomorrow
    12-07-11 11:30 PM
    I have more experience dealing with USPS then most. If you ever had the pleasure to go behind the scenes in your local SCF you would understand why packages are delayed and go missing. The forklift driver is probably using it as a footrest. They are on perpetual break in those places. The tracking system is horrible so I wouldn't give up hope yet. They may have scanned it and left it on the loading dock. If it made it to the delivery scan then it has to be at your local ddu. The place where your mailman loads his truck and you buy your stamps.. If it doesn't show up tomorrow I would print the tracking information and go over there.
    12-08-11 12:13 AM
    I had the same thing happen with the Domino's Pizza Tracker, except it was only 10 minutes late...

Hang in there OP

damn you guys have a domino's tracker?!
    12-08-11 12:20 AM
    The first sentence says "they delivered" the second to last one says "out for delivery" which one is it ? Aside from that, USPS tends to usually post that they attempted to deliver
    at times that I can honestly remember me being at home. Hopefully your case just ends up being a misunderstanding and you get your PB tomorrow
    It said "out for delivery" when I asked the mailman. Before I wrote this thread it was updated to "delivered". That's why I am upset. The tracking info says I got it but I never did. I called USPS and they are opening an inquiry into it and say they will get back to me in a couple days. If that doesn't work out then I'm gonna let SBB know about the situ and ask them to ship me another one. I hope they had insurance on it...although I'm not sure if they would get their money for it because it says delivered on the tracking info.

Also, the post office never leaves packages on porches here. They put a key in my small locked mailbox so I can open a larger locked mailbox with the package.
    12-08-11 12:29 AM
    shouldn't it have a signature for delivery? I NEVER have things delivered at my apartment since I have no doorman. Everything goes either to my parents' or work, maybe you should do the same. But really, track it and see who signed for it.
    JK-PhD and lissa777 like this.
    12-08-11 10:29 AM
    exactly why would they send it with no signature needed. u didnt buy a cd or a book . well kinda playbook . but still. i believe ur good deed will pay up in the end .let us know when u do get it .
    JK-PhD likes this.
    12-08-11 10:41 AM
    They sent all of the packages with "delivery confirmation" but that doesn't necessarily require a signature. Just a scan by the mailman when he "delivers" it. Still no sign of the PB :-(
    12-08-11 03:05 PM
    Was it USPS from beginning to end, or did they use a service like Fedex Smartpost, which is basically a third party collecting the package and bringing to your nearest USPS location (UPS has a similar service, as mentioned in another post). I've had packages that were out for delivery, then never delivered, then re-routed back to another post-office, then re-routed back to the original post-office, and then finally delivered. Wasn't USPS's fault, it was the 3rd party morons who delivered to the wrong post-office, and apparently that confused the system.

Hopefully you get better news by the end of the day, it sucks big time when you get all excited for something and then the weight of the world smashes down on you...
    12-08-11 03:16 PM
    USPS has the worst tracking system ever. When you live in Canada, USPS is the cheapest way to get a package through customs as you only pay the regular taxes (GST and PST) if you need to, instead of paying some overpriced brokerage fee to UPS or FedEx...

Here's the tracking number from the last package I've received from them (it arrived about three weeks ago!) : LN203619592US

It still says that :

Electronic Shipping Info Received
    The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper on November 10, 2011 to expect your package for mailing. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date.
    12-08-11 03:27 PM
    They sent all of the packages with "delivery confirmation" but that doesn't necessarily require a signature. Just a scan by the mailman when he "delivers" it. Still no sign of the PB :-(
    JK, call your local post office directly. Don't leave it up to those people who are "opening a case." Get a hold of the supervisor of the carriers for your route. Make a stink. Check the time of the delivery confirmation. I had a carrier who would scan his confirmation codes before he when out on his route (to save the trouble). If you can, go over to your local post office. It is an outrage for the USPS to lose a package; it is even more so to mark it delivered when they haven't. I am hoping for you!!
    12-08-11 03:28 PM
    I came home early to confront my mailman about the package. This should be interesting. I'm thinking of taking a hidden video of my interaction with him. There is no way he isn't going to remember me asking him about my package yesterday.
    12-08-11 03:45 PM
    I Used to have a neighbor that was a mail carrier, she got busted she had piles and piles of undelivered packages and mail in her house. There are crooks in every line of work.
    12-08-11 05:35 PM
    Well no PB and the mailman was a different person today. I'm just gonna contact SBB and hope they can redeem their customer service that up until now has been a little disappointing for most others.
    12-08-11 06:04 PM
    Yeah best thing to do is call the post office. Tell them what day and time it said delivered on the tracking thing. And find out what happened to it.

Good luck man. I got my PlayBook today. It's pretty good. That new update should sweeten it but no major complaints from me.
    12-08-11 06:45 PM
    So I got a call from the postmaster general or whatever his title is. He had the shady mailman in his office and confronted this kid while I was on the phone. He told the kid "there sure has been a lot of packages go missing on your route recently" and "it says you hand delivered the item". I heard the shady mailman say " yeah I scanned his package and I don't know what happened to it after that".

After a long phone call with the supervisor he told me that they probably won't find it and to contact the shipper to get another. He told me to be sure to have them do a signature confirmation next time or use a different carrier. He was truly sorry about the situ and told me that I'm not the first person he has talked to today about missing packages. I just pray that SBB will send another. We'll see how that goes
    12-08-11 07:01 PM
    Wow. USPS suggested you use a different carrier. Not surprising and they are correct. Sorry about your luck. Hope things work out with the supplier. So you saw the carrier before he delivered your mail and he said there was nothing for you? The next day he claims he delivered it? If it were me I couldn't let that go.
    12-08-11 07:11 PM
    "Get signature confirmation or use a different carrier next time"...and they wonder why USPS is in a $hithole right now.

OP, if you could get something in writing from the supervisor, it would definitely help you make your case with SBB. They may need proof from you that contradicts USPS tracking (delivered), because that's probably the first thing they're going to pull up.
    12-08-11 07:25 PM
    I have no doubt this carrier probably stashed the package for himself. It is a shame how many crooks there are. They are everywhere though.

I hope your encounter to get a new PB is flawless. Hard working individuals getting the shaft because people are thieves! What's crazy is that most USPS carriers get paid a decent wage still. I should know as my best friends dad is a postmaster.

Good luck man.

Sent from I am on Fire!
    12-08-11 09:52 PM
    So I got a call from the postmaster general or whatever his title is. He had the shady mailman in his office and confronted this kid while I was on the phone. He told the kid "there sure has been a lot of packages go missing on your route recently" and "it says you hand delivered the item". I heard the shady mailman say " yeah I scanned his package and I don't know what happened to it after that".

After a long phone call with the supervisor he told me that they probably won't find it and to contact the shipper to get another. He told me to be sure to have them do a signature confirmation next time or use a different carrier. He was truly sorry about the situ and told me that I'm not the first person he has talked to today about missing packages. I just pray that SBB will send another. We'll see how that goes
    Oh, God, what rotten luck. It's bad enough when the mail is mishandled through negligence, but you got a thief for a carrier. Sounds like Newman's long lost illegitimate son.

SBB must have got postal insurance. I feel so bad for you. I have had bad luck with my local post office and lost mail, but nothing as bad as this.
    12-08-11 11:43 PM
    I called SBB and talked to a nice woman there. She has referred my situation to her supervisor and they should get back to me soon (hopefully). I'll keep you all updated on my situation. Just sucks I have to deal with this. I hope that shady mailman likes my Playbook
    12-09-11 12:19 AM
    You should check your local post office. Once I bought a video game steering wheel that got shipped in its original box (with the picture and all); I forget whether it was marked delivered, but when I went to the P.O. they had it in the back, and told me that the mailman didn't want to leave it out for all to see.
    12-09-11 02:19 AM
108 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD