I use to work for the post office. Each parcel/package/box is scanned into the system. It is then assigned to a route number which is the responsibility of the carrier.If records indicate that the phone went thru the system and was assigned to the carrier, then the carrier either has it or lost it or delivered the phone to a different address by mistake.

Delivery to a different/wrong address happens a lot. Its real easy to look at one package and grab another one and not be conscience of it after having a truck load of packages to deliver or after you finish your route, your supervisor pulls up and give you another truck loaded with stuff to deliver after someone got sick and went home.

All packages are scanned as they are put on the truck. If the carrier says that he has not seen it and scan records indicate it was on his truck,You should contact the postmaster at your post office as soon as possible.

Hope this helps.
    12-09-11 06:42 AM
    USPS says they delivered my PB and I never got it. Now I'm gonna have to fight with USPS about this. I am so so pissed. This is ridiculous!!! I saw the mailman today and he was a shady looking new guy too. I asked him if he had my package and he said no. I told him that it said "out for delivery" and he was like "nope, don't have it". MF!!! I can't believe my luck!
    hey JK-PhD let us all know how it all turns out for you ..damn i would be sooooo pissed it really does sound like a bad episode of seinfeld
    JK-PhD likes this.
    12-09-11 06:50 AM
    Update -
    I got a phone call this morning from a lower level person from USPS. This guy was the manager of the local post office. He told me to contact the company that shipped it to get a new one and that it was probably misdelivered.

What was interesting though is he said that he wouldn't be able to talk to the mailman who "lost" the package because he called in sick today.

Anyways I'm going to hope that SBB resends me a new one.
    12-09-11 07:42 AM
    my pb came with fedex put down my moms address who lives accross the yard since i knew i wasnt going to be home during delivery. When i got my box which had a hole big enough to see in it. :@ I was heated, glad delivery guy appeared to not know what a pb was passed him day of delivery on .y way to work lol.

hope it turns up op
    12-09-11 08:12 AM
    He disciplined the delivery guy with you on the phone? That sounds a little shady since I'm pretty sure that's a crime in itself.
    12-09-11 09:24 AM
    He disciplined the delivery guy with you on the phone? That sounds a little shady since I'm pretty sure that's a crime in itself.
    I have to admit i was thinking the same thing.
    12-09-11 09:34 AM
    "Will JK-PhD ever get his precious PlayBook? Or will he be left empty handed with only the imagination of what could have been? Will USPS be held accountable?"

FIND OUT NEXT TIME ON...

WHEN JK POSTS...
    oldtimeBBaddict and takuma089 like this.
    12-09-11 09:34 AM
    That's a crime?
    Certainly seems unethical. It's difficult to fire postal employees. Without proof nothing can be done. The postmaster may be trying to put some heat on this guy if infact he believes that the carrier is stealing packages.
    12-09-11 10:13 AM
    "Will JK-PhD ever get his precious PlayBook? Or will he be left empty handed with only the imagination of what could have been? Will USPS be held accountable?"

FIND OUT NEXT TIME ON...

WHEN JK POSTS...
    But first a word from our sponsor shopblackberry.com
    12-09-11 10:52 AM
    That's a crime?
    Certainly seems unethical. It's difficult to fire postal employees. Without proof nothing can be done. The postmaster may be trying to put some heat on this guy if infact he believes that the carrier is stealing packages.
    It would be highly inappropriate to discipline a worker in front of his colleagues, but with a customer? Well, in this case it doesn't seem so inappropriate.
    12-09-11 12:01 PM
    Confront the postal guy.... But on a lighter note... GHOSTBUSTERS IS ON!!!
    12-09-11 12:25 PM
    One of my Victoria Secret packages was delivered to my neighbor who ended up opening it before she realized it wasn't hers and returned it to me. Glad it was her that looked in that package and not her husband!

Sent from my iPhone4S using Tapatalk
    oldtimeBBaddict likes this.
    12-09-11 12:29 PM
    One of my Victoria Secret packages was delivered to my neighbor who ended up opening it before she realized it wasn't hers and returned it to me. Glad it was her that looked in that package and not her husband!

Ha ha thats halarious... Where in SC are you located? I'm in the Lexington area...
    Last edited by DownwithBB; 12-09-11 at 12:36 PM.
    12-09-11 12:34 PM
    Sumter. We're stationed at Shaw AFB.

12-09-11 12:37 PM
    Sumter. We're stationed at Shaw AFB.

That's a nice area... Watching the planes flyover has to be entertaining...
    12-09-11 12:41 PM
    I knew of a guy who would work for UPS during the holiday season. His job was to sit in the passenger seat and run the packages to the door. he would check where the package was coming from and remember the address. When he got off of work he would drive past the houses of the boxes he remembered and take them. Creepy and shady.
    What a bitter start to what was going to be a good playbook experience. Hope you get your playbook soon.
    12-09-11 12:56 PM
    That's a nice area... Watching the planes flyover has to be entertaining...
    I love the base, especially with the third army coming in, they've done some great improvements to the base. But I'm not a fan of Sumter at all.

I get pretty used to hearing the planes fly. Last night they must've been doing exercises because I could hear the jet engines start up. It's really cool. This May is going to be the Air Show. It's supposed to be really cool! I wasn't able to go last year but was able to watch some of the planes flying from my house on base.
    12-09-11 01:52 PM
    He didn't discipline him while I was on the phone. The postal inspector just insinuated (something fishy was going on) to the mailman that "there sure have been a lot of packages go missing on your route recently" and "It says you hand delivered this item".

The postal inspector never told the mailman that he was fired, suspended, or anything like that while I was on the phone.
    12-09-11 02:20 PM
    He didn't discipline him while I was on the phone. The postal inspector just insinuated (something fishy was going on) to the mailman that "there sure have been a lot of packages go missing on your route recently" and "It says you hand delivered this item".

The postal inspector never told the mailman that he was fired, suspended, or anything like that while I was on the phone.
    Right they would NEVER tell you that, BUT they MAY well have happened. Still thought it was poor form for him to even dress down the kid with you on the phone. Not illegal, but as someone said unethical from a business perspective.
    12-09-11 02:31 PM
    sorry but i totally disagree regarding USPS - my PB was sent via mail and it arrived quickly and safely like 99% of my mail. And nope i don't work for the post office
    99% of the time? That terrible. And I thought CanadaPost was bad... So if you receive on average 2 pieces of addressed mail per business day, every 10 weeks a letter addressed to you doesn't make it?? Shocking... Perhaps you meant 99.9%?
    12-09-11 02:40 PM
    I'm so sick of the PC replies such as it being illegal, unethical, un-PC, or un-wussy enough! If government workers weren't protected with such impunity, he would have been fired on the spot, and someone else would have replaced him knowing that if he ever tried what the guy did before him, he'd be out before his hat hit the ground.
    I have a no tolerance policy with my employees and nothing has ever gone missing! We as a culture need to stop protecting thieves and punishing the innocent which in this case is JK Phd. get your heads out of your arses!
    Last edited by Carbonetics; 12-09-11 at 06:50 PM.
    12-09-11 05:41 PM
    99% of the time? That terrible. And I thought CanadaPost was bad... So if you receive on average 2 pieces of addressed mail per business day, every 10 weeks a letter addressed to you doesn't make it?? Shocking... Perhaps you meant 99.9%?
    If i am following your logic... 99% would mean that every 50 weeks a letter goes missing; not 10.
    12-09-11 05:54 PM
    Confront the postal guy....
    That doesn't sound like a very good idea. Don't forget where the term "going postal" came from...
    12-09-11 07:05 PM

So what did you get?
    YaBoi410 likes this.
    12-09-11 08:19 PM
    Well, one thing you can do is if you paid with a credit card, then you should be able to call your credit card company and have them credit you for your loss if the store won't. Most Credit card companies will refund for a loss, as long as its not a reacurring thing.

I prefer going to a store that I can physically make a purchase on high dollar items. Then I walk out with the items and no chance of theft ffom my mailbox. Only thing I order onlin is books and DVDs..
    12-09-11 08:32 PM
108 12345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD