USPS says they delivered my PB and I never got it. Now I'm gonna have to fight with USPS about this. I am so so pissed. This is ridiculous!!! I saw the mailman today and he was a shady looking new guy too. I asked him if he had my package and he said no. I told him that it said "out for delivery" and he was like "nope, don't have it". MF!!! I can't believe my luck!
    12-07-11 05:08 PM
    Funny thing is I foud an iPad 2 on an airplane 2 months ago. I turned it in to lost and found. So much for that good karma.
    flash24 likes this.
    12-07-11 05:10 PM
    Oh, man. Sorry for that. I hope it turns up.
    12-07-11 05:17 PM
    I am praying that the mailman put it in another box and that person will be nice enough to drop it off at my place.
    12-07-11 05:29 PM
    Its christmas time, people are out to steal packages. And it sucks come not all packages require verification that it was received especially when its delivered through mail. If it was delivered by UPS don't they still require signature verification?
    12-07-11 05:34 PM
    Don't loose the hope we are in the good's will season. Your PB will appear soon !
    12-07-11 05:35 PM
    I've had a package say "delivered" to me before but it came 1 day later and another one it came 2 days later. So there's still hope.
    12-07-11 05:39 PM
    I've had a package say "delivered" to me before but it came 1 day later and another one it came 2 days later. So there's still hope.
    Was that with USPS?
    12-07-11 05:54 PM
    Yeah, both with USPS and shipments from amazon.com
    12-07-11 05:56 PM
    I found out who the owner of the iPad was and sent them a message on FB before I turned it in. They were able to get it back from the airline.
    12-07-11 06:47 PM
    doesn't the delivery require a signature?
    jaytee1o4 and GeneralTech like this.
    12-07-11 06:52 PM
    I think you did a good thing (and an uncommon gesture) by returning the iPad. I hope the Playbook turns up. You deserve it for that good deed.
    12-07-11 06:59 PM
    Unless the seller indicates a signature requirement, bothe FedEx & UPS just drop it off on your porch. The bigger question I have is why would a seller send an expensive electronic item via USPS?
    Chaddface likes this.
    12-07-11 07:00 PM
    This is USPS here - they don't know their bunghole from page 8, nevermind where any of our packages are. I'll bet it will show up in another day or two.
    mud314 likes this.
    12-07-11 07:03 PM
    Unless the seller indicates a signature requirement, bothe FedEx & UPS just drop it off on your porch. The bigger question I have is why would a seller send an expensive electronic item via USPS?
    Globalware have now started sending the PB's using UPS Mail Innovations.

UPS picks the packages up in bulk, sorts them and then delivers them to the local USPS ( In the states ) office for USPS to complete what they call the " Final mile"

It looks like your PB was delivered when they were using FedEx, but now we have this stupid UPS/USPS and i guess Canada post up here collaboration.
    12-07-11 07:06 PM
    With USPS I have had the same happen to me... so hang in there!
    12-07-11 07:08 PM
    Globalware have now started sending the PB's using UPS Mail Innovations.

UPS picks the packages up in bulk, sorts them and then delivers them to the local USPS ( In the states ) office for USPS to complete what they call the " Final mile"

It looks like your PB was delivered when they were using FedEx, but now we have this stupid UPS/USPS and i guess Canada post up here collaboration.
    Yes, I noticed that a few months back when I ordered some items from a retailer, where I had to choose either free delivery via USPS, or pay an extra $5.00 or so for UPS delivery; I chose the latter, and the item took forever to arrive, I could not track it via UPS with the provided number, then came to realize the package was delivered by the postman, who was decent enough to ring my bell since there was a few packages he was delivering to the house. I don't think that's the way to do business, charging me for UPS and have my package take longer then necessary since it was delivered by the post office. IMO, FedEx is the only worthwhile method of shipping, and they are always on time, and on occassion, a day earlier then anticipated.
    12-07-11 07:12 PM
    Sounds like the postman got a new playbook. I have ordered (and payed for) a few things that never made it to my hands, but have no way of knowing if it was the the postman or if it was taken after the postman left the package in clear view of the street. Best of luck though, I hope you end up getting your PB.
    12-07-11 07:17 PM
    Mine is being shipped FedEx... I did chose the 2 day shipping option. When I typed in the tracking number into FedEx it says adult sig. required... Sorry hope yours come soon.
    Yes, I noticed that a few months back when I ordered some items from a retailer, where I had to choose either free delivery via USPS, or pay an extra $5.00 or so for UPS delivery; I chose the latter, and the item took forever to arrive, I could not track it via UPS with the provided number, then came to realize the package was delivered by the postman, who was decent enough to ring my bell since there was a few packages he was delivering to the house. I don't think that's the way to do business, charging me for UPS and have my package take longer then necessary since it was delivered by the post office. IMO, FedEx is the only worthwhile method of shipping, and they are always on time, and on occassion, a day earlier then anticipated.
    True, but I have order with FedEx delivery and they do get it to the closest terminal, and then turn it over to USPS to deliver to my house. So they all are trying to keep the USPS in business.
    I'm gonna try to keep calm about the situ and cross my fingers that it actually gets here
    12-07-11 07:27 PM
    just do the right thing. give the mail dude a beatdown. even if he didnt take it.
    12-07-11 07:35 PM
    Your PB is in good hands
    12-07-11 07:50 PM
    I had the same thing happen with the Domino's Pizza Tracker, except it was only 10 minutes late...

Hang in there OP
    12-07-11 07:55 PM
    This is USPS here - they don't know their bunghole from page 8, nevermind where any of our packages are. I'll bet it will show up in another day or two.
    sorry but i totally disagree regarding USPS - my PB was sent via mail and it arrived quickly and safely like 99% of my mail. And nope i don't work for the post office
    12-07-11 08:00 PM
108 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD