219 81.11%
  • Hardware?

18 6.67%
  • OS?

38 14.07%
  • User Interface?

13 4.81%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    You want an ice cream sandwich, you buy a... what the heck is an ice cream sandwich in the first place!?

Me, I'm partial to scones. With cream and strawberry preserve. Yumm.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    04-27-13 07:53 AM
    Thats right its like purchasing a bottle of Brandy to open it up and find that is full of Gin.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    04-27-13 07:54 AM
    You want an ice cream sandwich, you buy a... what the heck is an ice cream sandwich in the first place!?

Me, I'm partial to scones. With cream and strawberry preserve. Yumm.
    I blame you!
    Thats right its like purchasing a bottle of Brandy to open it up and find that is full of Gin.
    And I also blame you as well!

Why is it that every time I get offered a contract in the good old US of A, I always find out that it's in some ridiculous stupid location? Is it because only us stupid people from the UK will work there or what. That's the second contract I've turned down in as many months?
    04-27-13 08:04 AM
    Contract must have been in Cincinnati.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    04-27-13 08:08 AM
    Contract must have been in Cincinnati.
    No it's even better than that!!!!!!! Now I ask you would you go here to work?????????

It has these places very nearby, "Apache Junction" and "Superstition Mountain", also "Tonto National Forest" (wasn't he the lone rangers pal) and if that's not bad enough we also have "Four Peaks Wilderness". Now come on do me a favour!!!!! It conjures up all sort of images in my mind, particularly of the film "deliverance" ??????? It also sounds cold and I don't do cold at all under no circumstances!
    04-27-13 08:33 AM
    Phoenix wouldn't be to bad. They have four seasons within 100 mile. You could have F2 teach you about those two sticks that he straps to his feet or drive an other direction and go boat and swimming. I could think of worse places to be for nine months.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    04-27-13 10:24 AM
    You have two types of users: business people and consumers.
    And for both types it comes down to available apps to make their job easier or their lives more enjoyable depending on which camp you are in.

I use my PlayBook for work and I am constantly frustrated that apps aren't available to me that are available to ipad users.

My wife has an ipad for entertainment Netflix, reading books, fun games for the kids etc. If buying a tablet for those kinds of things why would you buy anything but apple.

It has nothing to do with the performance capabilities of the tablet but what you can do with the tablet because of the apps. I think the PB hardware is fantastic but it is completely irrelevant.

This is even made worse because the Playbook and Z10 are essentially different OS and you can't even share your apps between them. Now devs need to make apps for legacy products, PB and BB10.

Posted via CB10
    dphjeff and FF22 like this.
    04-27-13 10:25 AM
    No it's even better than that!!!!!!! Now I ask you would you go here to work?????????

It has these places very nearby, "Apache Junction" and "Superstition Mountain", also "Tonto National Forest" (wasn't he the lone rangers pal) and if that's not bad enough we also have "Four Peaks Wilderness". Now come on do me a favour!!!!! It conjures up all sort of images in my mind, particularly of the film "deliverance" ??????? It also sounds cold and I don't do cold at all under no circumstances!
    You left out Tumbleweed Park! Sounds like it is just up your alley. And it is anything but chilly. Try 37 celcius. Oh, and rattlesnakes. But if you do go definitely visit the Heard Museum - that's actually the only thing I ever did in Phoenix when I had to take my dad (living in Tucson) there for a appointment one time.
    Last edited by F2; 04-27-13 at 11:10 AM.
    04-27-13 10:57 AM
    You have two types of users: business people and consumers.
    And for both types it comes down to available apps to make their job easier or their lives more enjoyable depending on which camp you are in.

I use my PlayBook for work and I am constantly frustrated that apps aren't available to me that are available to ipad users.

My wife has an ipad for entertainment Netflix, reading books, fun games for the kids etc. If buying a tablet for those kinds of things why would you buy anything but apple.

It has nothing to do with the performance capabilities of the tablet but what you can do with the tablet because of the apps. I think the PB hardware is fantastic but it is completely irrelevant.

This is even made worse because the Playbook and Z10 are essentially different OS and you can't even share your apps between them. Now devs need to make apps for legacy products, PB and BB10.

Posted via CB10
    Of course what you are saying or what it boils down to for tablet companies:

1: don't create a tablet
    2: somehow recreate the ipad (without violating patents) to run ipad apps
    3: adopt Android because there are apps for it.
    4: Or a Windows tablet device that runs the full gamet of Windows apps

But trying to create a new platform (OS, if you will) canNOT possibly catch up anymore.

I might have to agree reluctantly based on the results we have seen so far.
    dphjeff likes this.
    04-27-13 11:04 AM
    The problem wasn't /isn't the OS for me.

-I didn't knew about the the playbook until august 2012. Why ? Ask the guys who were in charge of the Marketing in RIM.
    -I bought the playbook because in was sold at a very attrctive price. At 500 bucks or so, I would't have bought it. This applies also for the iPad.

What sucks till now in the playbook :
    -the absence of SKYPE ( yes I said the forbidden word) and the laggy browser (until the last update, still it isn't yet perfect).
    -The horrible icons of the App market. Why don't they make neat icons like the App Store ? the icons of the BB App look like they were made fore NES games.
    -The very long boot time. Hope it will be better with the BB10

Now the positive points:

-e-mail HUB. this is the best thing in the Playbook. It saved my life, because I have 6 e-mails to deal with.
    -The screen. the Samsung Tab looks like Sh*t when you compare it the the playbook screen. The only one who can compete with the playbook is the iPad.
    -The speakers. Simply amazing.
    -The build quality. very sturdy, looks great. ( even though it is a little bit heavy )

Conclusion: for me it was a very bad Marketing strategy for an unfinished product at launch.
    dphjeff likes this.
    04-27-13 11:27 AM
    Phoenix wouldn't be to bad. They have four seasons within 100 mile. You could have F2 teach you about those two sticks that he straps to his feet or drive an other direction and go boat and swimming. I could think of worse places to be for nine months.
    Did I miss something in my post? Who mentioned a stupid bird that sets itself on fire? Oh and I won't mention anything about this to F2 as he seems to be in a good mood and I don't want him shouting at me again! Boat? Swimming? Are you serious?????????? It's freezing and what's four seasons?
    04-27-13 12:28 PM
    Did I miss something in my post? Who mentioned a stupid bird that sets itself on fire? Oh and I won't mention anything about this to F2 as he seems to be in a good mood and I don't want him shouting at me again! Boat? Swimming? Are you serious?????????? It's freezing and what's four seasons?
    Sorry, I stumbled on this so, well, I read your private correspondence. Good Mood! GOOD MOOD!!!!! Bah humbug - I install solar and it could not get any grayer. I've got to move with the house, to Phoenix - except that I can't stand temps over 72F!

Ask Vivaldi!
    sad_old_man likes this.
    04-27-13 12:40 PM
    IMHO, the same as what the poll shows-lack of apps.
    iPad and Android ones do well for that reason.
    dphjeff likes this.
    04-27-13 12:42 PM
    The places that you mentioned are in the Phoenix area. So now we know that your not the outdoors type.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    04-27-13 12:45 PM
    It seems impossible to find one for sale locally, and I am in Waterloo County, Blackberry/rim country
    04-27-13 12:45 PM
    The places that you mentioned are in the Phoenix area. So now we know that your not the outdoors type.
    Hey cincinnati kid, I've nothing against the outdoors at all. Viewed from behind double glazing its fantastic!!!!! Remember I have a convertible so I must like the outdoors but I just don't want to be made to "squeal like a pig boy, squeal like a pig"!!!!!!!! Can you recommend anywhere I can accept a contract in, and please don't say cincinnati??????????
    04-27-13 01:44 PM
    Wouldn't it be more likely to attract devs to do apps if the PB was on BB10 OS so that you could show them the combined users of Z10, Q10 and PB?

Thor seems to be noncommittal about the future of PB and if it will even get BB10.

Posted via CB10
    dphjeff likes this.
    04-27-13 04:16 PM
    Here is a place for you S_O_M New Port KY. I didn't say Cincinnati .
    sad_old_man likes this.
    04-27-13 04:39 PM
    Here is a place for you S_O_M New Port KY. I didn't say Cincinnati .
    Forget it I'll go to new Mexico instead.
    dphjeff likes this.
    04-28-13 06:22 AM
    your view as why mexico isn't as good a place to live as canada.... would be as useful asnthis thread lol
    sad_old_man likes this.
    04-28-13 02:03 PM
    Forget it I'll go to new Mexico instead.
    It's New Mexico, a state, and Newport, Kentucky, a town across the Ohio River from Cincinatti. At one time Newport was reputedly a place for the sporting life. And be careful about going to Mexico because there reportedly are some places there where you might be kidnapped and held for ransom. And I will be hiding in the hills far away from Chandler while you are in the USA.
    04-28-13 02:48 PM
    your view as why mexico isn't as good a place to live as canada.... would be as useful asnthis thread lol
    Mexico is far better than Canada. For one it doesn't have any gooses. Two it doesn't have any snowy type cold stuff. Three its warm! Mmmmmmmm yes warm!!!!!!
    04-28-13 02:51 PM
    It's New Mexico, a state, and Newport, Kentucky, a town across the Ohio River from Cincinatti. At one time Newport was reputedly a place for the sporting life. And be careful about going to Mexico because there reportedly are some places there where you might be kidnapped and held for ransom. And I will be hiding in the hills far away from Chandler while you are in the USA.
    I do have radar?
    04-28-13 02:54 PM
    Mexico is far better than Canada. For one it doesn't have any gooses. Two it doesn't have any snowy type cold stuff. Three its warm! Mmmmmmmm yes warm!!!!!!
    And with that, no gooseberries. Now do you really want that?!?!
    04-28-13 05:07 PM
    And with that, no gooseberries. Now do you really want that?!?!
    NO. I rather like gooseberry pie
    04-28-13 05:16 PM
239 ... 78910