• Hardware?

18 6.67%
  • OS?

38 14.07%
  • User Interface?

13 4.81%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    Because i came too late my friends
    Pssssssttt between you and I Thor, you don't mind me calling you Thor do you after all it is the name of a God. (do you have a hammer)? However I digress a little, I have a friend of a friend who knows the man that washes his wife's car who has a friend that works for a major retail outlet and I do mean Major!!!!!!!!!!! He can get you an interview if you want but he suggests that the leave the bit where you were briefly the CEO of some phone manufacturer off your CV.

ps its a good job and you get to run your own shop!
    pps if you need any help with your CV I know several hundred bb users that will help you to compile a CV that will almost certainly get you an interview. (one of us will even do the interview for you to make sure you get it)
    04-23-13 11:47 AM
    There are no problematic issues, period --- if the question is compared to other non-ipad tablets.

It's not like the lack of native email client matters --- because the Playbook outsold the Xoom (which the Xoom has a native email client from day 1).

There is ZERO way to make a profitable non-ipad tablet --- and the only non-ipad tablet that is not a rounding error is the Kindle Fire which is priced not to make money at all.

So you people are essentially arguing for 3 pages on whether the Playbook --- if it had the native email client on day 1, would the Playbook's tablet market share would increase from 0.5% to 0.6%? And the funny thing is that 0.6% is probably the best selling for-profit (non-kindle fire/nook) non-ipad tablet out there.
    Just a small amount of advice, READ THE POLL results
    04-23-13 11:49 AM
    there's actually a poll ? can you not view polls on crackberry forum app for playbook ?
    sad_old_man likes this.
    04-23-13 11:50 AM
    there's actually a poll ? can you not view polls on crackberry forum app for playbook ?
    Snap!!!!! Tell me next time before the game starts?
    04-23-13 11:52 AM
    Snap!!!!! Tell me next time before the game starts?
    I will try, but you generally don't like being told what to do, not sure that go over well lol
    sad_old_man likes this.
    04-23-13 11:56 AM
    I will try, but you generally don't like being told what to do, not sure that go over well lol
    Cool, very cool!
    04-23-13 11:59 AM
    Still laughing at that!!!!!
    04-23-13 11:59 AM
    Still laughing at that!!!!!
    I do believe we have gone rather off topic, better maybe.......who we kidding the reason the playbook didn't sell as well as orher tablets is simply because Blackberry didn't do a bunch of things as good as other tablet makers.

so bb could of done a bunch of stuffs better. lol
    sad_old_man likes this.
    04-23-13 12:04 PM
    There are no problematic issues, period --- if the question is compared to other non-ipad tablets.

It's not like the lack of native email client matters --- because the Playbook outsold the Xoom (which the Xoom has a native email client from day 1).

There is ZERO way to make a profitable non-ipad tablet --- and the only non-ipad tablet that is not a rounding error is the Kindle Fire which is priced not to make money at all.

So you people are essentially arguing for 3 pages on whether the Playbook --- if it had the native email client on day 1, would the Playbook's tablet market share would increase from 0.5% to 0.6%? And the funny thing is that 0.6% is probably the best selling for-profit (non-kindle fire/nook) non-ipad tablet out there.
    ummm,,, errr,,, ubba,,, blaa, yada,, whaaat???
    Barracuda7772 and sad_old_man like this.
    04-23-13 12:09 PM
    A couple of things.

First, in the grand scheme of the hundreds of tablets on the market, the PlayBook actually outsells most of them. :-) Only a handful have actually sold in the millions, and PlayBook is one. Outside of the iPad, Kindle Fire, Samsung Galaxy Tabs, Asus tablets, PlayBook and maybe Microsoft Surface, most tablets have a tiny userbase.

I do think that the apps are the big reason over anything else. There's simply a stigma that you can't do things on it. Some right, some wrong too. I had a guy in an Apple store tell me that the PlayBook "couldn't email" a few weeks ago. I have 155 apps on mine but there are definitely things I wish it had too.

I think the stigma of the company hurts in some markets. I've never seen a PlayBook in use in the US except when I travel. I see them regularly in Canada. In fact, I recently had a big dinner with old friends and the tablet ownership was split 50-50 between iPad and PlayBook. iPad was bought because it was iPad. PlayBook was bought because it was a cheap tablet and a little because it was local. A couple of the PlayBook owners didn't even have BlackBerry phones.
    04-23-13 12:16 PM
    Interesting that the responses in this thread seem to reflect my experience in life with PlayBook owners.

Group A: The pissed group .... paid $499 as loyal BlackBerry users for 1.0 and are bitter. Some sold it and swore they'd never buy another BlackBerry.

Group B: The general consumer. Paid $100-$200 for it with 2.0 or 2.x and love it. Some never even owned a BlackBerry.

Fortunately, I think Group B is a lot larger than Group A.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    04-23-13 12:20 PM
    Interesting that the responses in this thread seem to reflect my experience in life with PlayBook owners.

Group A: The pissed group .... paid $499 as loyal BlackBerry users for 1.0 and are bitter. Some sold it and swore they'd never buy another BlackBerry.

Group B: The general consumer. Paid $100-$200 for it with 2.0 or 2.x and love it. Some never even owned a BlackBerry.

Fortunately, I think Group B is a lot larger than Group A.
    Oh if only consumer satisfaction were that simple?
    04-23-13 12:38 PM
    Love my playbook, meh, but then i again i know what im purchasing all the time before i purchase it, sooooo......

Posted via CB10
    04-23-13 01:07 PM
    Blackberry is not a retail consumer marketing oriented company and its went head to head with Apple that is about the best in that regard. Apple generates excitement through marketing for its product while BB generates products enterprise IT departments understand but Joe Average does not get excited about.

Joe does not get a thrill from security but from music, He could care less if the DoD certifies and uses the PB but only that the BFF uses one. He gets turned off when the local techno geek gets excited over it but, it is a mistaken have if the local jock pulls one out.

Blackberry had a chance to change course with the Z10 but from the marketing I have seen, they missed the marketing mark. A local ad pushes a business person using it for his business; sorry I do not see any business running out to buy Z10s as a result not it pulling in the general public.While I have no experience with OS 1, from the comments and reports, the tablet was not developed for the mass market or it was expected owners would, like Apple, integrate the phone with the tablet experience. This might have happened if the BB phone was the consumer niche owners the iPhone was. By the time 2.0 came out, the press, dealers and the public had rejected the PB and was beginning to rejected the BB phone at every level.

As for the lack of apps, I think that is a mixed bag. It does not have the app development for business nor does it has some core apps for consumers, even today. While Angry Birds may excite a college student, I would rather have it work with Lotus Notes or with ProSystems f/X while most college kids want Netflix and Skype. While the Android apps ability helps, Joe Average is not going to use the system but will rely on what is in the App Store.

As for pricing, for the hardware and maybe the upcoming OS if not buggy, it might have with good marketing been competitive with Apple and been able to justify the price but, the accessories are too expensive and when a shopper kits a unit for pricing it does not make sense for the general publoc economically. Then little things like a card slot does not help. Also, it would have been nice if you could attach an external hd to the usb ports. Having to go through a wireless connection is not always possible.

I applaud BB going from OS 1 to 2 and possibly to 10 but could they in 2 year not have fixed the battery issue. If a hardware issue, why not fix in and if software, issue a patch. And, video chat to other than other PBs.
    taz323 likes this.
    04-23-13 02:12 PM
    I do believe we have gone rather off topic, better maybe.......who we kidding the reason the playbook didn't sell as well as orher tablets is simply because Blackberry didn't do a bunch of things as good as other tablet makers.

so bb could of done a bunch of stuffs better. lol
    Simple is good, yes I quite like simple!
    Barracuda7772 likes this.
    04-23-13 02:13 PM
    It's not like android tablets --- with 800,000 apps --- have done any better.

So we are talking about 3000 Playbook apps getting 0.5% market share and then 400000 android apps for the Xoom getting 0.4% market share.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    04-23-13 02:23 PM
    It's not like android tablets --- with 800,000 apps --- have done any better.

So we are talking about 3000 Playbook apps getting 0.5% market share and then 400000 android apps for the Xoom getting 0.4% market share.
    So why do we read so many threads winging about the fact that the playbook can't just download and run Android apps straight from the Android application sites? Most of the apps everyone clammers over and asks bb for are android apps. If that is correct then buy an android tablet.
    04-23-13 02:31 PM
    Easy. Apps. Plain and simple. It has most of what I want with sideloading, but obviously there are major gaps. I want Netflix of course, and other functions like USB on the go, but where the PlayBook lacks, I have made up for in other devices. Still loving the PlayBook, just wish it would do everything, (including make toast)

Last edited by axllebeer; 04-23-13 at 03:16 PM. Reason: Toast!
    sad_old_man likes this.
    04-23-13 02:43 PM
    what is it with the Xoom reference, Samab? I know there were sales figures, but it is not a monument of comparison if you really think about it. There is no truly comparable tablet with the pb, as every other ecosystem has various iterations (ios) or manufacturer models (android)... unless, of course, you mean hp touchpad (dead and firesaled)... or ms surface (18-24 months newer and having some difficulty)...
    I doubt the lte version of the pb could really be seen as a new iteration, and have no idea of the sales figures (I'll wager they're pretty insignificant, though). I'm not sure the 0.4 % figures are actually worthwhile
    04-23-13 03:32 PM
    Easy. Apps. Plain and simple. It has most of what I want with sideloading, but obviously there are major gaps. I want Netflix of course, and other functions like USB on the go, but where the PlayBook lacks, I have made up for in other devices. Still loving the PlayBook, just wish it would do everything, (including make toast)

I did a project on this very song in highschool lol
    sad_old_man likes this.
    04-23-13 03:46 PM
    Marketing--or the lack thereof. Really wait until a few weeks AFTER the holidyas to release it. Missed the prime sales time when people buy blindy.

Playbook?? Sounds like a toy, not a business device. "Padberry" or something would have taken the toy ideas away.

Can you imagine if the Z10 was the "Playphone?"
    sad_old_man likes this.
    04-23-13 04:07 PM
    Marketing--or the lack thereof. Really wait until a few weeks AFTER the holidyas to release it. Missed the prime sales time when people buy blindy.

Playbook?? Sounds like a toy, not a business device. "Padberry" or something would have taken the toy ideas away.

It is?
    04-23-13 04:10 PM

oh my you solved all the playbook marketing woes they should of called it the lowercase bpad
    sad_old_man likes this.
    04-23-13 04:13 PM
    what is it with the Xoom reference, Samab? I know there were sales figures, but it is not a monument of comparison if you really think about it. There is no truly comparable tablet with the pb, as every other ecosystem has various iterations (ios) or manufacturer models (android)... unless, of course, you mean hp touchpad (dead and firesaled)... or ms surface (18-24 months newer and having some difficulty)...
    I doubt the lte version of the pb could really be seen as a new iteration, and have no idea of the sales figures (I'll wager they're pretty insignificant, though). I'm not sure the 0.4 % figures are actually worthwhile
    I talked about the Xoom precisely because it has actual sales data. All the other "comparisons" are not comparisons at all because they are based on sales myths --- often from some rumors from Taiwanese websites.

There are like a zillion different Galaxy tablet models --- so Blackberry having only the original Playbook and the LTE Playbook isn't that bad when you look at the fact that Samsung never gave actual sales figures and whatever figures that they lied about is a combination of a zillion different Galaxy tablet models.
    04-23-13 04:17 PM
    I talked about the Xoom precisely because it has actual sales data. All the other "comparisons" are not comparisons at all because they are based on sales myths --- often from some rumors from Taiwanese websites.

There are like a zillion different Galaxy tablet models --- so Blackberry having only the original Playbook and the LTE Playbook isn't that bad when you look at the fact that Samsung never gave actual sales figures and whatever figures that they lied about is a combination of a zillion different Galaxy tablet models.
    Help a stupid old man like me. How many is a zillion?
    RubberChicken76 likes this.
    04-23-13 04:22 PM
239 ... 23456 ...