01-01-12 10:14 AM
63 123
tools
    PlayBook,
    forget the name,
    try it,
    you'll be amazed.
    Last edited by jamesbondOO7; 12-30-11 at 01:41 PM.
    Willard814 likes this.
    12-30-11 01:05 PM
    both of you 2 stop arguing please!
    Willard814 likes this.
    12-30-11 01:07 PM
    PlayBook, try it and let your fingers do the talking.
    spike12 and Willard814 like this.
    12-30-11 01:07 PM
    PlayBook, yes they were wrong. It is THAT good.
    azrin640 and Willard814 like this.
    12-30-11 01:09 PM
    Your opinion. But it was in the same spirit a style as many of the posts in the thread that came before it. Some of you are going to have to learn the fine art of ignoring what you don't personally like rather than starting fights over every little thing.

Back on topic, shale we?
    I'll just say the others with the exception of touchpad person, they could own one, owns and uses a playbook which you do not so it is easier to take a comment from them.

I see no fighting.
    Willard814 likes this.
    12-30-11 01:10 PM
    I think its important to respect the spirit of this thread and keep things generally positive..
    Last edited by spike12; 12-30-11 at 01:18 PM.
    Willard814 likes this.
    12-30-11 01:15 PM
    "PlayBook, reality matters in real LIFE"
    Willard814 likes this.
    12-30-11 01:16 PM
    I watched the iPad commercials on their website and they don't really have a slogan. "iPad" says it all. But it's not different from what's going on in media. A lot of celebrities have just the one name (Ex. Oprah), bands have the one name (Ex. Beatles...a Jobs favourite).

My input for slogan is
    It's a PlayBook world, get it
    Willard814 likes this.
    12-30-11 01:21 PM
    Playbook OS2, the wait has ended.
    Willard814 and Lead_Express like this.
    12-30-11 01:28 PM
    As a former ad guy, I would love to get the PB account just for the challenge. You are not just trying to create a slogan, which I think is a mistake, you are trying to rehabilitate a brand along with a product, both of which are seriously damaged. A catchy slogan might have meant something the first time around. Now, not so much, IMO.

Still, let's take a look a what I consider to be good slogan philosophy. Don't say things that can turn around and bite you in the . Avoid combative and comparative slogans. Stay away from price, quality, security, and anything else that would make people wonder about negative things. Generic, positive messages are what you want associated with your product. Here are some examples:

Share the fun. Anyone could have said that. Now, others can only say, "Our device is fun, too."

There's an app for that. Also very generic. To compete, others are reduced to saying, "We also have lots of apps."

I'm loving it. Every fast-food establishment could have said it, but McDonald's did. Now, it is associated with McDonald's without ever taking a cheap shot at the competition.

Have a Coke and a smile. Pepsi is always reactive and combative. The choice of a new generation. Coke owns smiling, sharing, and happy pandas.

Disney is another company that understands how to position themselves without ever needing to make reference to a competitor. There are many good examples in every industry except tech. Because the whole industry, it seems, is in reactive mode with regards to Apple, they are placed in the role of competitor, wannabe, challenger, etc. As long as they keep accepting that role and advertising that way, they will stay in that position.
    spike12 and Dapper37 like this.
    12-30-11 01:35 PM
    The BlackBerry PlayBook....For you, me, and everyone else.
    12-30-11 01:43 PM
    As a former ad guy, I would love to get the PB account just for the challenge. You are not just trying to create a slogan, which I think is a mistake, you are trying to rehabilitate a brand along with a product, both of which are seriously damaged. A catchy slogan might have meant something the first time around. Now, not so much, IMO.

Still, let's take a look a what I consider to be good slogan philosophy. Don't say things that can turn around and bite you in the . Avoid combative and comparative slogans. Stay away from price, quality, security, and anything else that would make people wonder about negative things. Generic, positive messages are what you want associated with your product. Here are some examples:

Share the fun. Anyone could have said that. Now, others can only say, "Our device is fun, too."

There's an app for that. Also very generic. To compete, others are reduced to saying, "We also have lots of apps."

I'm loving it. Every fast-food establishment could have said it, but McDonald's did. Now, it is associated with McDonald's without ever taking a cheap shot at the competition.

Have a Coke and a smile. Pepsi is always reactive and combative. The choice of a new generation. Coke owns smiling, sharing, and happy pandas.

Disney is another company that understands how to position themselves without ever needing to make reference to a competitor. There are many good examples in every industry except tech. Because the whole industry, it seems, is in reactive mode with regards to Apple, they are placed in the role of competitor, wannabe, challenger, etc. As long as they keep accepting that role and advertising that way, they will stay in that position.

As a former ad guy give us some slogans for the playbook...
    Willard814 and spike12 like this.
    12-30-11 02:02 PM
    Playbook, better then a pager
    12-30-11 03:21 PM
    No wifi, no problem
    12-31-11 03:21 AM
    Playbook! It's Berry, Berry Good.
    spike12 and azrin640 like this.
    12-31-11 09:03 AM
    OK, here's my idea for a PB ad.

It opens with a bunch of zombies carrying ipads and doing zombie-like things with the ipads. Then, the zombies see the hero of the commercial carrying a PB and start coming after him. The hero uses his PB to get away from the zombies. Then comes the tag line.
    "Don't be zombie. Get a Playbook."
    Last edited by justincase1911; 12-31-11 at 09:22 AM.
    Dapper37 likes this.
    12-31-11 09:20 AM
    PlayBook....the POWER is yours
    spike12 likes this.
    12-31-11 09:27 AM
    Now take my Playbook - PLEASE!

I get more respect than my Playbook!

Hey, why didn't they call it a Crackberry Jokebook? I'd have bought a million of them!

What do you call a million unsold Playbooks? Rotten Apples!

What do you call a million Playbooks sold? A Miracle!

If I had a penny for every good thing I have heard about the Playbook, I might have enough to give you my two cents worth.

I carry around a Playbook whereever I go, but my wife still says I have no class!
    Last edited by djnshores; 12-31-11 at 10:07 AM.
    12-31-11 09:28 AM
    The Blackberry Playbook: If the last broken promise disappointed you, wait 5 minutes and we will make another one...
    12-31-11 09:42 AM
    fade in to acoustic guitar strumming a happy tune.
    A couple, video chatting from different corners of the globe.
    A business dude editing an office document as he walks in to the super-important conference.
    A child coloring on a paint app.
    A soccer mom checking her grocery list as she strolls through the suprrmarket.
    A teen playing Madden or NFS.
    Back to the couple saying good night.
    fade to black...
    "The Blackberry Playbook. Available everywhere."
    I'm going to break protocol by commenting on the same post twice. To avoid quoting myself, see post #23. This is a follow up to those comments that just happened in real life:

Samsung’s new ad looks just like an Apple ad, uses one of the same actors too

It just looks like Samsung is selling iPads.
    Last edited by dandbj13; 12-31-11 at 09:46 AM.
    12-31-11 09:42 AM
    The Blackberry Playbook: If the last broken promise disappointed you, wait 5 minutes and we will make another one...
    Haha!

Mine:

Yes, the Playbook is nine months old, but please reconsider it once new software comes out.

Or, amateur hour will soon be over!
    12-31-11 09:57 AM
    The ad starts with a bunch of screaming kids, driving their parents crazy in the coach section of a plane. The parents are wearing Hawaiian garb like they're trying to go on vacation. Then, it happens: a supersonic jet plane with the BlackBerry logo comes screaming by as you see a young, successful couple relaxing in the back of the cockpit. The slogan is "BlackBerry Playbook: Fly First Class"
    Dapper37 likes this.
    12-31-11 10:11 AM
    Answer: Playbook
    Question: What do you buy your Ex?
    FF22 likes this.
    12-31-11 11:32 AM
    The Blackberry Playbook: Why buy it today when you can buy it in 60 days?
    12-31-11 01:36 PM
    The Blackberry Playbook: Why buy it today when you can buy it in 60 days at a lower price?
    I hope you don't mind - I took some liberties with your original slogan.
    12-31-11 02:30 PM
63 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD