Things like the attached picture drive me nuts! I am glad best buy is having hard times right now! Maybe if you weren't busy pushing your own agenda and not ripping of customers you would be a little more profitable!
    03-31-12 05:26 PM
    See ya later, Best Buy. Two employees told me, on two separate occasions, that the PlayBook was discontinued.

I bought online at SBB instead. Jokers.
    lomed7724 likes this.
    03-31-12 05:30 PM
    They really have absolutely no clue over there! I got my 16 gb from them and I can't count how many times the sales person tried to talk me out of it and into buying an ipad. I had to explain to him three times I have a bb phone and tell him about the bridge. Then I explained my love for BlackBerry and told him all his proprietary apple software is garbage! Lol
    ambarmetta likes this.
    03-31-12 05:35 PM
    03-31-12 05:41 PM
    I will be recording video of Best Buy closing their doors for the last time when they go out of business. I will be using my PlayBook to record the video.
    03-31-12 05:44 PM
    I will be recording video of Best Buy closing their doors for the last time when they go out of business. I will be using my PlayBook to record the video.
    Awesome

10 chars
    madman0141 likes this.
    03-31-12 05:49 PM
    I am from the Czech Republic. I asked my friend living in Vancouver to buy a Playbook for me, as they are sold in my country for CZK 9200 / $497 for 16GB version. I had been monitoring prices fir some time, and yesterday the Playbook was for $400 even in Staples and other retailers as well. Luckily I had my Playbook bought from BestBuy about 4 days ago for the lowered price.
    Now I am eagerly waiting fir my friend's visit :-)
    If there us a rip off with playbooks, then it is in my country.

Odesláno z mé HTC Desire pomocí Tapatalk
    SlcCorrado likes this.
    03-31-12 05:58 PM
    Brother you cant hate em for doing business. Price of PBs went up everywhere but @ blackberry shop l think. Wishing bad things on best buy just because you dont agree wont help Rim. Thats a resource Rim would lose.
    03-31-12 06:07 PM
    Yeah.....Best Buy & Blackberry doesn't seems to go together too well - I bought my PB a month ago or so when Best Buy finally got a few in @ $199. After browsing the tablet display & noticing no PB's on display (I had already called in advance to make sure they had them in stock after their Sunday ad showed them on sale), I asked one of the clerks for one. After getting one of the 8 they had in stock & listening to him go on a few minutes about how they didn't sell well at all, I did mention that it MIGHT help if they had one on display. Crazy how some places are concerning Blackberry....
    03-31-12 06:09 PM
    Brother you cant hate em for doing business. Price of PBs went up everywhere but @ blackberry shop l think. Wishing bad things on best buy just because you dont agree wont help Rim. Thats a resource Rim would lose.
    Sorry your saying that if you walked into this store and purchased a 500 dollar playbook then went home and found it online at blackberry shop for 199 that you wouldn't blame blackberry at all? Just best buy. Seems to me it is doing blackberry a disservice by marking up the price and trying to profit or worse trying to stop people from buying the playbook. Personally I think best buy is trying to hurt rim by doing what they are doing. There is no reason the retail price in a store should be higher than the bb shop price!
    03-31-12 06:21 PM
    Do you know what grinds my gears, people who never learned to drive using a clutch.
    03-31-12 06:23 PM
    Do you know what grinds my gears, people who never learned to drive using a clutch.
    Funny! What's that you are saying? I cannot hear you over the sound of grinding gears.

I have always though if everyone drove a vehicle with a manual transmission there would be fewer collisions and overall safer drivers on the roadways. I cannot imagine someone successfully applying make-up, chatting on their non-hands-free cellular telephone, while operating the stick shift, clutch and actually driving the vehicle.
    Scotter75 likes this.
    03-31-12 06:33 PM
    Drove nothing but for many years, now that I'm down to one knee and half an ankle, I'll be sticking to the automatic
    03-31-12 06:40 PM
    Apple will be buying the best buy stores to make them a full apple iproduxt store.
    This would show that while best may be coming to it end apple will increase it stores using the xusteemoe
    03-31-12 06:51 PM
    Things like the attached picture drive me nuts! I am glad best buy is having hard times right now! Maybe if you weren't busy pushing your own agenda and not ripping of customers you would be a little more profitable!
    Alternatively, they are listing that price because that is the price. Did you even consider that if they bought the stock to sell, they are may be losing money on them if they sell at a massive discount? Wait, I forgot that the world should do everything it can to make sure RIM succeeds, even if merchants have to lose money in the process. RIM is, of course, more important than other peoples' livelihood. If a struggling retailer has a choice between sitting on a high priced item that they can then credit back to a supplier at some point, or sell them at a loss, they have every right to keep the pre-negotiated price. Throw in the fact the merchant has a very high rate of return on the item, and there isn't much to consider.
    03-31-12 06:51 PM
    After that, how about you go video the people applying for unemployment, and perhaps go video their kids as well. Some people around here really need to grow up....
    03-31-12 06:54 PM
    They really have absolutely no clue over there! I got my 16 gb from them and I can't count how many times the sales person tried to talk me out of it and into buying an ipad. I had to explain to him three times I have a bb phone and tell him about the bridge. Then I explained my love for BlackBerry and told him all his proprietary apple software is garbage! Lol
    Why do I still find these horror stories hard to believe? I have been in lots of Best Buys and even bought a couple tablets there and I have never once met these sales people with an anti-RIM agenda. I have never even had anyone direct me to the iPads, nor have I seen them do it with anyone else, unless the person said they were just looking for tablets without naming a brand. Personally, I have never seen them push much of anything, but like any retailer, they will try to direct people to high ticket items with low return rates. The exceptions, of course, are the high end Best Buys with premium Apple displays and dedicated Apple people.
    03-31-12 07:01 PM
    I didn't say anything back to the employees who told me PlayBook was being discontinued (this was months ago). Just, "oh ok, wow." I was just surprised and thought maybe they had insider information!

They didn't try to get me to buy anything else though. Just told me they were sold out and it was discontinued.

After I bought mine, they got some back in of course. Ha. I bought my Dell laptop there with no issues. PC guy was fine.

I'm just wondering why we hear so many of the Best Buy employee stories. We can't all be lying!
    03-31-12 07:10 PM
    Sorry your saying that if you walked into this store and purchased a 500 dollar playbook then went home and found it online at blackberry shop for 199 that you wouldn't blame blackberry at all? Just best buy. Seems to me it is doing blackberry a disservice by marking up the price and trying to profit or worse trying to stop people from buying the playbook. Personally I think best buy is trying to hurt rim by doing what they are doing. There is no reason the retail price in a store should be higher than the bb shop price!
    It probably has more to do with the same reason they are going through this "transition". It's just not that great of a store... Unfortunately
    03-31-12 07:11 PM
    After that, how about you go video the people applying for unemployment, and perhaps go video their kids as well. Some people around here really need to grow up....
    And other need to lighten up.
    ambarmetta and drummer_god like this.
    03-31-12 07:17 PM
    And other need to lighten up.
    More like in the need of M.O.M.
    ambarmetta likes this.
    03-31-12 07:47 PM
    Yet the Best Buy in Regina, SK, has 2 or 3 PlayBook out on nice little displays, both on 2.0
    04-01-12 12:08 AM
    I always find that failing to keep oil levels properly topped up will also grind my gears
    04-01-12 12:34 AM
    I always find that failing to keep oil levels properly topped up will also grind my gears
    I always find that failing to have normal BM's QD will grind my gears.
    04-01-12 02:09 AM
    The only thing I see wrong in he picture is that the demo PB is actually on and seems like it's working. If I'm not mistaken, it's company policy to have the device unplugged and completely dead. And if it must be on, it should be running PB OS 1.0.3.1868 or earlier and should UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES be connected to a working wifi connection, nor paired to a BB handset. It's in the employee handbook look it up.
    VanCity778 likes this.
    04-01-12 02:33 AM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD