Was the report from your sister aircraft on the gee(oo)se as credible as your reports? No comment on what was in the pilots tea before he took off? Perhaps his oxygen mask was malfunctioning.
    Well have had bird strikes in excess of 50,000ft and judging by the size of the impact area its wasn't a sparrow! Never saw any houses up there though. Anyway in keeping with this thread technically of course, my pb stiff adamantly refuses to make toast.
    04-17-13 09:57 AM
    Well have had bird strikes in excess of 50,000ft and judging by the size of the impact area its wasn't a sparrow! Never saw any houses up there though. Anyway in keeping with this thread technically of course, my pb stiff adamantly refuses to make toast.

What no toast app??? First no skype....then no netflix....Now no Toast app???? WTF

I'm sure we will get the Toast app when we get os10 on the playbook....
    sad_old_man likes this.
    04-17-13 07:12 PM
    What no toast app??? First no skype....then no netflix....Now no Toast app???? WTF

I'm sure we will get the Toast app when we get os10 on the playbook....
    I appreciate your concern for my dilema and although your advice that the toast making application will come with bb10, by the time that happens if it happens, I will be that old that my teeth will have fallen out and I will have to suck the toast to death!
    04-18-13 08:10 AM
    I'll never give up on my pb!
    04-18-13 10:19 AM
    I'll never give up on my pb!
    Obviously not a toast lover then?
    04-18-13 11:23 AM
    Not by my playbook but by blackberry :sly::what:
    04-18-13 02:11 PM
    yes, lack of good working apps that i easily downloaded from the play store on my s2. My playbook's main function is the browser, internet radio on and off, gaming rareee. Disappointing such a well built device lacks such. I would truly like/want Netflix and Skype Sooner rather than later. Ima give my sister it as soon as i get an Andriod tab or ipad mini.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    04-18-13 02:18 PM
    yes, lack of good working apps that i easily downloaded from the play store on my s2. My playbook's main function is the browser, internet radio on and off, gaming rareee. Disappointing such a well built device lacks such. I would truly like/want Netflix and Skype Sooner rather than later. Ima give my sister it as soon as i get an Andriod tab or ipad mini.

Sent
    from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    What has your sister ever done to you?
    04-18-13 02:31 PM
    I'm not disapointed at all. I use it for browsing the internet, watching movies, playing games, and watching tv.

as well as that I use it for work using the citrix app and office docs has been very useful for me.
    04-18-13 03:07 PM
    I have no complaints with my Playbook...In fact , I think it has the best build of any device I have had so far...surpassed only by my Z10...that speaks volumes.

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    04-19-13 11:16 AM
    I'm not so much disappointed by my playbook, however I don't want it to be a DROID tablet!
    04-19-13 11:21 AM
    Had pb been a Samsung tab
    It would have been sold for rs 4000 for next 3 years.
    Don't know when the will update the crappy software to something better.
    04-20-13 01:57 AM
    The question 'Are you disapppointed with Your Playbook?' is actually a two edged sword.
    The Hardware and software provided by Blackberry, as a full unit, is excellent. I have found nothing to rival it. Everything that is says on the package, it does. There is not a fault with it in any way. So, 'Am I disappointed with the Playbook?' No, not at all.

Am I disappointed as to what I can do with the Playbook. Oh yes. But that is not the fault of Blackberry, It is the fault of...well it is subjective.

Me? I asked the salespersons, three of them actually, would it use 'Skype' and 'Copilot'? I was emphatically told 'Yes'. New to the operating system, I believed them and purchased. None of the two programmes I wanted were available. I didn't know about Blackberry App world, as it was then. My Brother and I purchased one each so we could talk to each other. finding 'Video Chat' as a native app solved the problem of 'Skype', and Video Chat is so much better. As he was my only contact, it wasn't until much later, months later, that the need for 'Skype' became apparent. I never found Copilot and was disappointed in the Satnav offerings. So poor even now. As to apps, I have only added a few, a better camera and an ereader. This suits me.

Regarding Copilot. I purchased a Nexus 7. I use the Nexus more than the Playbook, but only as I travel a lot and need the use of Copilot. I drive a large vehicle and the 7" screen is so much better than the small satnav thingy's.

I could carry on and bemoan the developers who do not develop, but can see it from there point of view in that, why should they develop for Playbook when the new BB10 will overwrite. There are more Blackberry owners/users in the world than Apple, but they don't see it that way. Blackberry themselves do not promote nor inform. Their PR leaves a lot to be desired.

Am I disappointed in my Playbook? No.

Perhaps someone should start a thread 'Are you disappointed in Blackberry?'
    sad_old_man and Dr_Acula like this.
    04-20-13 04:34 AM
    The question 'Are you disapppointed with Your Playbook?' is actually a two edged sword.
    The Hardware and software provided by Blackberry, as a full unit, is excellent. I have found nothing to rival it. Everything that is says on the package, it does. There is not a fault with it in any way. So, 'Am I disappointed with the Playbook?' No, not at all.

Am I disappointed as to what I can do with the Playbook. Oh yes. But that is not the fault of Blackberry, It is the fault of...well it is subjective.

Me? I asked the salespersons, three of them actually, would it use 'Skype' and 'Copilot'? I was emphatically told 'Yes'. New to the operating system, I believed them and purchased. None of the two programmes I wanted were available. I didn't know about Blackberry App world, as it was then. My Brother and I purchased one each so we could talk to each other. finding 'Video Chat' as a native app solved the problem of 'Skype', and Video Chat is so much better. As he was my only contact, it wasn't until much later, months later, that the need for 'Skype' became apparent. I never found Copilot and was disappointed in the Satnav offerings. So poor even now. As to apps, I have only added a few, a better camera and an ereader. This suits me.

Regarding Copilot. I purchased a Nexus 7. I use the Nexus more than the Playbook, but only as I travel a lot and need the use of Copilot. I drive a large vehicle and the 7" screen is so much better than the small satnav thingy's.

I could carry on and bemoan the developers who do not develop, but can see it from there point of view in that, why should they develop for Playbook when the new BB10 will overwrite. There are more Blackberry owners/users in the world than Apple, but they don't see it that way. Blackberry themselves do not promote nor inform. Their PR leaves a lot to be desired.

Am I disappointed in my Playbook? No.

Perhaps someone should start a thread 'Are you disappointed in Blackberry?'
    Do you not think I can get in enough trouble all on my own without you giving me silly ideas?
    rossjackson01 likes this.
    04-20-13 07:22 AM
339 ... 121314