I'm a little disappointed in myself for reading through this thread
    BlackStormRising likes this.
    01-17-13 07:09 PM
    No, I am mostly happy with PB except with the Browser memory problem.
    I mainly use it for banking/stock trading/browsing etc.
    I also use it to play few games during boredom in the office to keep me from falling asleep.
    rexrim likes this.
    01-17-13 08:26 PM
    Respect...
    Ali G is that you ?

Sent from Blackberry Playbook using TapaTalk 2
    01-18-13 04:04 AM
    Can't agree, had mine a few months now and it's replaced my laptop for most things.

I bought it as a smaller option to ipads as I wanted a device to connect to the web for emails and browsing while on motorcycle trips.
    Was extremely pleased to find that it would tether to my Nokia N8 and use the phone as a bluetooth modem for accessing the web when wifi is unavailable.

Pulls all my email and facebook accounts together, I have over 32 quality games on it, the dearest was EA Monopoly at I think �7 but most others were free of �2 or �3 only, such as all the excellent Gameloft ones.

I've installed a few Android apps on it, such as Kindle etc, easy enough job and you can normally find the android install apk files by searching online without going near the Android store, getting them converted at
    PlayBook .apk to .bar converter
    before sideloading them onto the playbook.

I regularly connect online to catchuptv to view freeview tv, which allow me to prop the PB on a shelf in the bathroom and watch tv while relaxing in the bath

I'm not fussed about a million apps, only mainly that the device has a decent web interface as most things can nowadays be done from web browsers.

About the only complaints I have is that it'd be nice to have USB OTG enabled, BT file sharing enabled, an SD slot and to have a simple PPTP client to connect to my office with. Oh and it would've been handy if Hexcodes GS911 would have run on it for bike diagnostics while travelling but I have that on my Nokia N8 so it's no hardship.

I've got several movies copied to it for when on trips, many hotels have hdmi enabled tv's so carrying the cable means I can watch my movies on the hotel tv

All in all it's the best �129 I have ever spent, especially when compared with an ipad mini. The 64gb storage is great, the cameras good quality. All in all a brilliant little device.
    I agree with everything above and mine does all I need it to - I bought it to use as a tool rather than a game machine and have no problems with the browser or using my 3 Email addresses. Value for money (I also got the UK deal of 64Gb version for �129 with 50% discount on leather case), it is a sturdy fast machine with great screen and stunning HD playback as well as good cameras.
    It also a good work tool for Office docs and the bridge connection to my 9900 allows me to connect wherever I have a signal.
    It is a case of deciding what you want and buying the right tool for the job, Blackberry has never promoted the Playbook as a games machine or a platform for running Android Apps so a bit of forethought would have prevented dissapointment.
    If I do have one desire that is for UK owners to have a suitable capability to download films & videos but I am sure it will come and BB10 software on Playbook can only be a good thing.
    kdeckels and untakenusername like this.
    01-18-13 05:10 AM
    I have read through the comments can not understand why some people are complaining they don't like their playbook but yet they are still using it. pls if u don't like urs sell it to people who needs it. as for me am enjoying my own and am happy with it. @op u can find someone who is a blackberry fan and give urs he will always pray for u
    rexrim and bambinoitaliano like this.
    01-18-13 05:25 AM
    Lol at people saying the playbook replaced their laptop.... if that's really true - why did you get a laptop int the first place lol....
    That TV that you had before your current one... why did you buy that, exactly?
    FF22 and Lendo like this.
    01-18-13 05:26 AM
    I'm delighted with mine - use it every day!!
    01-18-13 07:05 AM
    No, I am mostly happy with PB except with the Browser memory problem.
    Memory problem?
    01-18-13 08:32 AM
    Memory problem?
    I think he means RAM
    01-18-13 08:53 AM
    Ali G is that you ?

Sent from Blackberry Playbook using TapaTalk 2
    Noooo, then it'd have been "respec'" wouldn't it?
    Roodog46 likes this.
    01-19-13 12:21 PM
    I agree with everything above and mine does all I need it to - I bought it to use as a tool rather than a game machine and have no problems with the browser or using my 3 Email addresses. Value for money (I also got the UK deal of 64Gb version for �129 with 50% discount on leather case), it is a sturdy fast machine with great screen and stunning HD playback as well as good cameras.
    It also a good work tool for Office docs and the bridge connection to my 9900 allows me to connect wherever I have a signal.
    It is a case of deciding what you want and buying the right tool for the job, Blackberry has never promoted the Playbook as a games machine or a platform for running Android Apps so a bit of forethought would have prevented dissapointment.
    If I do have one desire that is for UK owners to have a suitable capability to download films & videos but I am sure it will come and BB10 software on Playbook can only be a good thing.
    Ditto. For me this is the most sensible post yet

I'd actually go a bit further and say that I'm not sure I want BB10, I like things the way they are.
    weighty512 likes this.
    01-19-13 01:50 PM
    My pc is for setting appointments, sending emails, and pdf files thats about it. So ya i dont use the pc much any more.
    BlackStormRising and djpailo like this.
    01-19-13 05:30 PM
    No. But the upgrade to 2.1 really botched java for some reason. Hopefully BB10 gets released ASAP.
    01-20-13 11:53 AM
    I'm disappointed mine had a dead pxel and has had to go back for repair.
    01-20-13 12:35 PM
    I can put up with the only adequate battery life. I like the way the PB uses swipe gestures much better than other tablets I have used. I like the way you do not need to go home to switch applications. The screen resolution by comparison to the newer tablets is only OK. The major annoyance I have is the way the browser too easily pops out of what you are looking at and goes to another site, or an ad etc. I would say the jumpy nature of the browser is my major issue. I also wish that the playbook had a standard browser like Safari etc. The browsing experience is why I seldom use my Playbook.

BB10 would give the Playbook new life. The browser may be faster and there is a stronger chance that the developers will port in more apps.

What happens now ? It is time for RIM to upgrade the Tablet . They need a Playbook Z10 with the features that everyone wants. Light weight, good quality, USB port, HDMI output, the highest standard storage, best resolution, memory cards... they need to go the whole nine yards. The screen size needs to be as large as the Ipad mini.

If I were RIM I would want to license BB10 to a reputable manufacturer like Asus or Lenovo ... they need to get more tablets that use BB10 into the market place which in turn will result in more apps. For tablets they should go the free license approach. More Tablets sold will result in more phones sold... not the reverse.
    brianatbb likes this.
    01-20-13 01:22 PM
    No. But the upgrade to 2.1 really botched java for some reason. Hopefully BB10 gets released ASAP.
    BlackBerry Tablet OS 2.1 does not include Oracle Java...maybe you mean JavaScript? I find my web browser works fairly well considering I routinely keep 7+ tabs open.
    01-20-13 01:47 PM
    I bought myself a small portable router on Amazon, shipped directly from China
    about $35, I hook it up to broadband in my hotel room overseas, than can hook up to 5 WIFI's
    the only problem it has no password, so not locked, than use my BB 9780 and make my WIFI calls back to the US
    01-20-13 07:12 PM
    My travel router from ZyXEL which I got from Amazon for about $20 (now $32.95) has password protection. The Newer on Amazon for <$20 also has password protection.

I'm not disappointed in my 64 GB PB which is now a year old. Don't care about Netflix or Skype. Got a second PB from Walmart at.the $149 price. Also got the N7 back In August and have had no problems with it. Prefer the PB for most uses.
    01-20-13 08:03 PM
    I have a Zonet portable Access Point. It has WEP and WPA security.
    01-20-13 10:10 PM
    After making the original post and receiving some varied replies I decided that maybe I had been a little unfair...So I took one posters advice and went away, gave the Playbook a second chance, searched forums for "How To's" etc... I have to say that while I did find some useful help and advice my overall opinion has not changed. I still feel the Playbook fails sadly against the competition.. Including equally priced Android Tabs......

And the argument presented by some posters about the price for a technically superior tablet over Android Tech is rubbish..... Whats the point in having the tech if it is not being used, that's like owning a Ferrari that gets out performed by a Ford KA....

Then I came back and found on page 4 of this thread a reply from BSFA2008, where I'm called "a liar" and "a troll"...... So to answer that BSFA2008.....

Firstly, if you read my post correctly you'll notice the PB was a "GIFT", I had no chance at the time to research the product for myself.

Secondly, BBM is over rated in your opinion !! and I have several friends and family who all use the BBM service.

Thirdly, Just because you don't want Android "dirtying up" your system doesn't mean that others feel the same... Who are you to decide that access to Android is wrong for the whole of the PB user base ?

And lastly you contradict yourself.....you state "The playbook's OS is unique, smooth, and innovative", but then go on to say " The honest truth is BB has failed to innovate, or even keep up, for years."

Well that last statement not only shows you really have no idea what your talking about but sort of proves my whole point.... Calling me a liar and/or a troll does not change that even you can't make up your mind, is it or isn't it "innovative". And if it's not as your reply suggests then no matter how cheap it can be purchased for makes it just a waste of money....

Notice how I wrote this whole post without insulting anybody ?
    Last edited by Garry Coupland; 01-23-13 at 11:12 AM.
    jpash549 likes this.
    01-23-13 10:06 AM
    I love my PlayBook! Use it every day!
    01-23-13 11:52 AM
    To the topic question - I'm not disappointed at all and really enjoy my PlayBook, using it everyday.I did my research and had it as number 1 on my Christmas list (thanks again Santa).

I am looking forward to the rumored BB10 update to see what that might bring.
    01-23-13 01:13 PM
    My PB has mainly become an ereader, which is essentially why I bought it. So it's doing me good
    01-23-13 03:35 PM
    Yep, I have to agree with your first post, Garry.
    01-23-13 05:04 PM
    I love these threads.
    The fan boys deny reality and the haters hate.
    I am more frustrated than disappointed.
    I love the os. Everytime i use the iphone or ipad i try to swipe it on.
    I wish i did not need the ipad but there is too much missing from the playbook that i need.
    I love the size of the playbook and find the ipad hard to hold withone hand.
    The browser speed is poor and no bookmark folders is pathetic.
    I use the playbook 10 to 1 over the ipad just due to its size.
    Oh and i love the voice search on both safari and chrome on the ipad.

I will confess to several time going into stores with the cash in my pocket trying to buy both an nexus 7 and an ipad mini and them never being in stock.
    The other annoyance is the rubber grommet around the glass is coming out.

The bottom line is i have gotten value from the playbook but am frustrated withseeing rim screw up this device. It could have been a contender.
    Last edited by MikeInParadise; 01-23-13 at 07:00 PM. Reason: Fixes
    brianatbb likes this.
    01-23-13 06:49 PM
339 ... 89101112 ...