Is it just me? All anyone can talk about is RIM = Fail. An earnings call that I thougt was certainly more interesting than I anticipated. Actual confirmation of a 2.0 super release. Finding out that OS7 phones were able to be produced at a higher margin without sacrificing quality. QNX and BES will sing Kumbya.

But we won't see the Playbook's OS 2 until after DevCon. When is DevCon? 2015? 2013? Oh right. It's in the beginning of October. But we won't see it until after that. Assuming that targeting some sort of Black Friday bandwagon to jump on, it'll have to be ready to roll on new devices a week or so before.

I'd also assume that for a relase this big, that RIM would also be releaseing a new developer's SDK. What I'm looking for as a clue that this thing is coming is the beta version of the SDK. Another way to tell is that the past few updates, whenever we receive an update to the Bridge, it is almost always immediately followed by...

Oh yeah!

We just got a Bridge update! Does everyone have their bowels in such an uproar over 2.0 going from the marketing-speak quasi date of 'by the end of the summer' or '60 days' into the equally ambiguous 'after DevCon' that they forget that we just got a Bridge update?

Well, I just installed the new Bridge. Now give me some pudding! I'll take an incremental bug fix anytime!
    Last edited by louzer; 09-16-11 at 12:51 AM. Reason: This is actually a "The 1.0.8.2451 Update is Coming" thread in disguise
    lotuslanderz and Jake2826 like this.
    09-16-11 12:47 AM
    QNX will be old. Honeycomb will be saggy. Frosted flakes will be the new ***s
    awattwell likes this.
    09-16-11 01:03 AM
    Nah. This is great. Since that earnings call, this site has become one of the most entertaining places on the internet. The trolls, the fanboys, the people who aren't really either but get called both, the people who don't think they are either but really are both, the lies, the treachery, the deceit, the speculation, the intrigue� It's just too much fun. Some people take this stuff really, really seriously�

QNX will be old. Honeycomb will be saggy. Frosted flakes will be the new ***s
    The fact that a 30 year old OS will suddenly "be old" in October is interesting�
    Jake2826, FF22, cielodome and 1 others like this.
    09-16-11 02:02 AM
    My question is, didn't we expect this earnings call to be negative? The fact that RIM hasn't had any new products come out (except PB) until now, and the sales on the BB7 devices won't be shown in this call doesn't mean anything to these Wallstreet/Tech/Analyst leaches?

If Quarter 3 keeps on this downward spiral and they are way off base with their projections I would understand all the doom and gloom, but in a quarter where no one was surprised by the outcome?

I guess the moral of RIM's story goes "Kick a Company when It's down"
    menaknow likes this.
    09-16-11 02:11 AM
    Considering the scene, for a long time I thought they were saying "You can't have any pushing if you don't kick your feet"...
    lotuslanderz likes this.
    09-16-11 02:12 AM
    My question is, didn't we expect this earnings call to be negative? The fact that RIM hasn't had any new products come out (except PB) until now, and the sales on the BB7 devices won't be shown in this call doesn't mean anything to these Wallstreet/Tech/Analyst leaches?

If Quarter 3 keeps on this downward spiral and they are way off base with their projections I would understand all the doom and gloom, but in a quarter where no one was surprised by the outcome?

I guess the moral of RIM's story goes "Kick a Company when It's down"
    The market was surprised.
    09-16-11 08:46 AM
    The market was surprised.
    The market is stupid. This just proves it. Everything that happens on it is reactive and driven by emotion, and the nation's wealth lives and dies by this. Frightening.

As for RIM, I still love my PlayBook that I guess no more than 699,999 others can possibly enjoy. The new OS7 phones are a nice bump up from their predecessors and only went on sale at the very tail end of the last quarter. Things could surely be worse.

What I truly find utterly amusing is the obligatory onslaught of armchair analysts and financial experts flocking out of the woodwork intent on bestowing upon us all that they do not know after every earnings call. All I can do is sit back and .

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-16-11 08:59 AM
    RIM makes me bipolar on this forum. A couple weeks ago and over the summer I'm defending RIM and the Playbook, then the after DevCon (which who knows WhenTF that could imply) gets me pissed off because they can't deliver features in a 3 month window. The blindly loyal have called me a troll or say I should sale based on a few comments, the haters have called me a fanboy before. Both are probably correct on how RIM has treated me. I'm sure I'll be back on the boat when 2.0 comes back out, but RIM really needs to get their **** together and realize that they are in a super competitive market and the lawn dart style forecasting of features just isn't going to cut it. Set a date and hit it! Being with RIM gives you battered wife syndrome I think .
    FF22 likes this.
    09-16-11 09:11 AM
    how RIM has treated me.
    They really have it in for you, did you insult someone's wife or something?

09-16-11 11:51 AM
    RIM makes me bipolar on this forum. A couple weeks ago and over the summer I'm defending RIM and the Playbook, then the after DevCon (which who knows WhenTF that could imply) gets me pissed off because they can't deliver features in a 3 month window. The blindly loyal have called me a troll or say I should sale based on a few comments, the haters have called me a fanboy before. Both are probably correct on how RIM has treated me. I'm sure I'll be back on the boat when 2.0 comes back out, but RIM really needs to get their **** together and realize that they are in a super competitive market and the lawn dart style forecasting of features just isn't going to cut it. Set a date and hit it! Being with RIM gives you battered wife syndrome I think .

Break off the relationship and seek counseling. Drop all products/services with RIM and hit on Andrea or Apple.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    09-16-11 11:58 AM
    �hit on Andrea or Apple.
    Andrea is a *****. Everyone has her and she gives it up for free to anyone who's willing. And a private life is a thing of the past with her; anything and everything you do is fair game to end up on the internet among "googles" of bytes of information. She's used so much now, some people call her "fragmented". Not sure what that is, but it sounds nasty! Also, if you do decide to take a spin with her, make sure you take a hefty dose of AVG first, cuz it's not unheard of to contract a virus when you're with her.

Apple is a stuck-up snob. She comes from a very, very rich family who think they can do whatever they want. She's also not very trusting; she'll track you without your permission. Everyone says she can do more than everyone else, but truth be told, she's a pretty barebones girl unless you got money. Lots of money. I mean sure, she has lots of everyday applications, and some you'll get for free, but as a child of high esteem, she's really quite lazy and makes you pay for everything. Now, if you can get ahold of one of her older siblings, you can get a lot more for your money, but you'll have to break her out of jail to do it. But in the end, everyone loves Apple cuz she's so sexy and chic and in her own way, she's a very solid and reliable girl, not to mention that she's on the cover of all the magazines and stars in all the TV commercials.

That brings us to BerthaBerry. She's not the prettiest. She's not the smoothest. In most social functions, she's actually quite awkward. Demand for her is quite low. She lies a lot, breaks her word a lot, and doesn't really tell anyone what she's doing or what her plans are, which makes it very difficult to build a relationship with her. Once in a while, she gets it right, and when she does, it can actually be inspiring. But unfortunately, those times are too few and far between. Also, she seems to learn no humility from anything, which makes her even more difficult to live with.

In the end, maybe being single is the best�
    09-16-11 12:53 PM
    Andrea is a *****. Everyone has her and she gives it up for free to anyone who's willing. And a private life is a thing of the past with her; anything and everything you do is fair game to end up on the internet among "googles" of bytes of information. She's used so much now, some people call her "fragmented". Not sure what that is, but it sounds nasty! Also, if you do decide to take a spin with her, make sure you take a hefty dose of AVG first, cuz it's not unheard of to contract a virus when you're with her.

Apple is a stuck-up snob. She comes from a very, very rich family who think they can do whatever they want. She's also not very trusting; she'll track you without your permission. Everyone says she can do more than everyone else, but truth be told, she's a pretty barebones girl unless you got money. Lots of money. I mean sure, she has lots of everyday applications, and some you'll get for free, but as a child of high esteem, she's really quite lazy and makes you pay for everything. Now, if you can get ahold of one of her older siblings, you can get a lot more for your money, but you'll have to break her out of jail to do it. But in the end, everyone loves Apple cuz she's so sexy and chic and in her own way, she's a very solid and reliable girl, not to mention that she's on the cover of all the magazines and stars in all the TV commercials.

That brings us to BerthaBerry. She's not the prettiest. She's not the smoothest. In most social functions, she's actually quite awkward. Demand for her is quite low. She lies a lot, breaks her word a lot, and doesn't really tell anyone what she's doing or what her plans are, which makes it very difficult to build a relationship with her. Once in a while, she gets it right, and when she does, it can actually be inspiring. But unfortunately, those times are too few and far between. Also, she seems to learn no humility from anything, which makes her even more difficult to live with.

In the end, maybe being single is the best�

My Berry is sexy, and std free. I call her Keysha.

09-16-11 04:01 PM
    I thought I had to eat my veggies to get dessert. Where's the beef is the question many are still asking.
    09-16-11 04:28 PM
    They really have it in for you, did you insult someone's wife or something?

Break off the relationship and seek counseling. Drop all products/services with RIM and hit on Andrea or Apple.

Just trying to lighten up the mood with some hyperbole. Worked for me. Sorry it got a few fanboys panties in a bunch which is shocking
    09-16-11 08:51 PM
    I thought it was funny...LoL
    09-16-11 08:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD