Well, I guess I can stop looking for my BBPB keyboard and just leave the travel mouse at home; they are not allowed on the planes, which is where I planned to use them!
    Fortunately I can take the playbook to England with me.
    07-18-13 07:17 PM
    What airline/country is that restriction on? I flew Canada to US with my playbook/BT keyboard as carry-on. Likely my BT mouse as well, but I can't remember if I took it or not.
    07-18-13 07:55 PM
    I would guess that as a wireless device, such things are not allowed during takeoff/landing, though I'd be a little surprised if they restricted them at other times.

I wonder if they are worried about bluetooth-triggered bombs...
    07-18-13 07:57 PM
    What airline/country is that restriction on? I flew Canada to US with my playbook/BT keyboard as carry-on. Likely my BT mouse as well, but I can't remember if I took it or not.
    I'm flying Air Canada to the UK. I was just checking, because what's allowed and not allowed, esp. to the UK, because they have various security rules.
    07-18-13 08:21 PM
    Most airlines you can't have any radios working on any flights, international or otherwise, have to leave your device in flight mode which would mean your bluetooth mouse/keyboard wouldn't work. Although I believe Delta do have wifi on board once they are at cruising altitude on some flights. Maybe bluetooth isn't allowed even on the ones allowing wifi.

Posted via CB10
    07-18-13 08:36 PM
    I took my Official, rare, I might add, BB BT keyboard to Munich, Germany via Amsterdam and back without any problems. I will add that while I took it, I never did use it. It was in my carry on luggage. Although I just purchased a bt mouse this week. Frankly, much easier to use with Kalemsoft then the 9930 or keyboard!

Re: bt mouse - I did not realize it was so hard to actually get just a bt mouse as opposed to some proprietary mouse with a usb dongle (which the pb would not like)
    07-18-13 09:09 PM
    Walmart, Nanaimo, BC has 9 "New in Box" BT Keyboards in their Clearance bin. No bargains though, $79.98 plus taxes CDN each. Recently flew Canada to US with BT keyboard and mouse. No security related problems.
    07-18-13 09:41 PM
    Most airlines you can't have any radios working on any flights, international or otherwise, have to leave your device in flight mode which would mean your bluetooth mouse/keyboard wouldn't work. Although I believe Delta do have wifi on board once they are at cruising altitude on some flights. Maybe bluetooth isn't allowed even on the ones allowing wifi.

Posted via CB10
    They mention 'Blackberries' as acceptable, so I'm pretty sure the playbook is ok; its just any device that operates on bluetooth that they seem to have issue with.
    BTW: I have the BB keyboard and I was going to use it as a carrying case for the playbook, along with its keyboard. I was all set with the HP 'travel' mouse, so that I would have a mini computer onboard the plane. Since they don't allow the bluetooth, I'll just take the playbook and use the virtual keyboard, which I do most of the time anyway. The keyboard is around the house somewhere; I just misplaced it, so thx all for the purchasing suggestions, but I love this whole setup - when I use it, which is not that often!
    07-18-13 09:58 PM
    I took my Official, rare, I might add, BB BT keyboard to Munich, Germany via Amsterdam and back without any problems. I will add that while I took it, I never did use it. It was in my carry on luggage. Although I just purchased a bt mouse this week. Frankly, much easier to use with Kalemsoft then the 9930 or keyboard!

Re: bt mouse - I did not realize it was so hard to actually get just a bt mouse as opposed to some proprietary mouse with a usb dongle (which the pb would not like)
    It was not hard - I got it on eBay; its the Dell 5 button bluetooth wireless mouse and it works perfectly with the playbook.
    07-18-13 10:01 PM
    I also just remembered I had a bluetooth Jabra CLIPPER with me, also. It all was in my carry on stuff. I would not trust any electronics or valuables in checked luggage - well, my x-country skis I had no choice.
    07-18-13 11:08 PM
    I also just remembered I had a bluetooth Jabra CLIPPER with me, also. It all was in my carry on stuff. I would not trust any electronics or valuables in checked luggage - well, my x-country skis I had no choice.
    This very well may be yet another update. How long ago did you do this?
    07-18-13 11:30 PM
    January-Feb. Out of Seattle.
    07-19-13 12:57 AM
    I've never had any trouble bringing wireless electronics on as carry-on, including Bluetooth stuff. But you usually can't use it.

Interesting read:
    Mobile phones on aircraft - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    07-19-13 06:34 AM
    I've never had any trouble bringing wireless electronics on as carry-on, including Bluetooth stuff. But you usually can't use it.

Interesting read:
    Mobile phones on aircraft - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    I doubt that its just an Air Canada thing and you could be correct that you could bring it but just cant use it. The whole point of having these toys is for easier travel, as in 'travel' mouse. They specifically mentioned the BT wireless mouse (probably don't know about wireless keyboards-yet). Anyway, I can't find the keyboard - its here somewhere. If I find it today, I'll bring them 'cause the carrying case is awsome. But if not, I've got the virtual keyboard.
    07-19-13 09:13 AM
    Keyboard found! - ok, so based on everything people have said here, I am going to bring all my toys
    I think the mouse has regular batteries, so I'll just remove them and re-insert them when we get to Canterbury. Thx all
    07-19-13 09:58 AM
    Walmart, Nanaimo, BC has 9 "New in Box" BT Keyboards in their Clearance bin. No bargains though, $79.98 plus taxes CDN each. Recently flew Canada to US with BT keyboard and mouse. No security related problems.
    I saw those there a few days ago. Got all excited till I saw the price! Steep price for clearance!

From Zed to U via CB10
    07-21-13 12:42 AM