and if its not a wifi printer find out what model it is and if its set up for ePrint and shed be able to no worries

PB FTW lol
    12-17-11 07:41 AM
    I get the ePrint capabilities, but from what I have gleaned from this thread, there is no direct wi-fi connect capabilities between a PB to any wi-fi printer, correct?
    12-17-11 07:51 AM
    I get the ePrint capabilities, but from what I have gleaned from this thread, there is no direct wi-fi connect capabilities between a PB to any wi-fi printer, correct?
    Not yet (as far as I know).

But I expect it to come with OS 2.0
    alnamvet68 likes this.
    12-17-11 08:37 AM
    Yes this has been discussed before and I have been printing from my Bold 9650 for last 18+ months and with my PB for last 6+ months, but some people just want a simple print button on the PB like on their PCs without having to set up anything else special except maybe downloading a free app.
    12-17-11 09:25 AM
    some printer mfrs have wifi apps for tablets and phones that work on their printers. i have an all-in-one epson with ipad and android apps. has anyone tried to port the android apps for use on the playbook?
    12-17-11 09:53 AM
    Well, well, isn't the PB much cooler now? Which reminds me, my daughter wants to know if she can take the PB to her university and print documents on "for student use only" printers available in the school library? She says the kids with the iPads do it, and I'm curious how to accomplish this.
    If the printers have their own email address, yes - otherwise no.If the printers have this capability, then it's simply a matter of emailing documents as attachments to the specified email address. Suggest you check with the university's librarian.
    12-17-11 11:09 AM
    Thanks for this, I will have to look at this printer, in the market for a new one.
    12-17-11 11:10 AM
    OMG this is frigging awesome! I set up my Kodak ESP 7 wireless printer... it took me about 15 minutes to figure it out and voila my test bridged email printed!!! Wirelessly via cloud from gmail. Whoooo!

I sent an email to myself and cc it to the printer's email address. That's it! Of course you will have to set it up first by installing the most current firmware for the printer and download Kodak's CloudSoftware Connector and setting up a gmail account if you don't have one. Enable the WiFi for the printer first before you download the Connector software. That's it! Oh yeah don't forget to copy down the printer's email address.

The best thing of all???? No eprint app is necessary!!

Edit: The software is also available for mac computers!
    Last edited by bluenose363; 12-17-11 at 11:14 AM.
    12-17-11 11:11 AM
    well I'm an Epson guy, Artisan 725 and Workforce 630. Will eprint or Google Cloud work? Is there another email-like service I can use?
    12-17-11 11:21 AM
    well I'm an Epson guy, Artisan 725 and Workforce 630. Will eprint or Google Cloud work? Is there another email-like service I can use?
    There ya go....

Mobile Printing with Epson - Epson America, Inc.
    cleveland216 likes this.
    12-17-11 11:46 AM
    i recently switched from ipad to playbook. if you want to read that you can search for the thread titled "my journey from ipad to playbook."

since then i have read in numerous threads about how you cannot print from playbook but this is not true. when i used my ipad, i had to buy a hp e-print printer to be able to print from it. with this same printer, you can print from the playbook using the e-print function built into the printer. it took me about 5-10 minutes to figure it out and set it up and since then i simply email any document i need printed to the email address i set up and 10 seconds later the document is printing from my printer. this works for pictures also.

i know apple says they have printing from the ipad but its only on a select few printers. using the same printers, you can also print from your playbook.
    I'll fix the title for you:
    "Here is another workaround to print indirectly from the Playbook if and only if have a way to email from your Playbook like buying a BlackBerry phone and using Bridge. Unfortunately RIM shipped the playbook without email capability! They said on Dec 15 2011 that native email would be available in Summer 2012 and I'm *sure* they will be on time. Go RIM! Or you could add yet another layer of complexity and time consumption and use webmail in the process."

OK maybe a bit long, but you get the idea. Call me crazy but I want to press "Print", and hear my printer fire up. Like it does from my iPhone.
    polly69 and spiraleze like this.
    12-17-11 11:50 AM
    KaPow!! Take that Apple
    bluenose363 likes this.
    12-17-11 12:06 PM
    I'll fix the title for you:
    "Here is another workaround to print indirectly from the Playbook if and only if have a way to email from your Playbook like buying a BlackBerry phone and using Bridge. Unfortunately RIM shipped the playbook without email capability! They said on Dec 15 2011 that native email would be available in Summer 2012 and I'm *sure* they will be on time. Go RIM! Or you could add yet another layer of complexity and time consumption and use webmail in the process."

OK maybe a bit long, but you get the idea. Call me crazy but I want to press "Print", and hear my printer fire up. Like it does from my iPhone.
    You have deliberately left out some negative attributes of the "Print" app from Apple's App Store.
    NUMBER 1!! It costs $9.99 to purchase it. $9.99!!!
    NUMBER 2!! It only prints via compatible airprint printers via WIFI!!! You cannot send an email from Timbukto to your compatible printers!
    NUMBER 3: It costs $9.99! Forget it!
    alnamvet68 likes this.
    12-17-11 12:31 PM
    You have deliberately left out some negative attributes of the "Print" app from Apple's App Store.
    NUMBER 1!! It costs $9.99 to purchase it. $9.99!!!
    NUMBER 2!! It only prints via compatible airprint printers via WIFI!!! You cannot send an email from Timbukto to your compatible printers!
    NUMBER 3: It costs $9.99! Forget it!
    I don't know if it is deliberate or not, but you are wrong on so many levels.

NUMBER 1!! Wrong.
    You don't need to buy anything. Dozens of examples of free text editing apps (I like plaintext for its incredible design and effortless integration with Dropbox), or even easier, just use an included app like Notes.
    -Enter text in eg the included iPhone Notes app
    -touch the little curved arrow in the lower margin
    -press "Print"

NUMBER 2!! Wrong again.
    Almost every HP Airprint printer also has eprint. I checked the list an one had Airprint but not eprint. Mine has both. Didn't try eprint until now as directly printing is superior for me, but I just grabbed the email addy off my printer lcd and tried it out. Works, but obviously less convenient. Email from Timbuktu form your iPhone to your heart's content. At least my iPhone has email capability so it is not as comically convoluted as using my Playbook. Canon and other companies now have Airprint printers as well. I'm not in the market for a printer so you will have to investigate if they eprint yourself.

NUMBER 3: Wrong again again.
    I imagine the "Print" app you searched out allows you to print to a vast number of printers, not just Airprint printers, but I've already schooled you enough for one day.
    OK I had to peek. "Print wirelessly to any printer." On the same app search screen there are a dozen or so more of the same type. Several free, several 99 cents.

I said school is out but here is one more history lesson:
    "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
    Quote from Abraham Lincoln, but he probably stole it from someone else.

Edit: I concentrated on text printing, but printing of course works from many more sources.
    eg The included Photo app, Map app etc also has the print button.
    Last edited by Interloper.; 12-17-11 at 01:27 PM.
    12-17-11 01:20 PM
    the epson app from iPad/iPod works great. It allows me to scan from my Artisan 725 as well as print. I have it in the Android apps on my Playbook but it does not work. Woulda been nice though
    12-17-11 04:34 PM
    i have an eprint printer and i too can print text from my playbook, one problem i have is pictures, ive put hotmail on the pb but i dont have a add photo or attachment option on the email is there a certain email you need to use to get this option?
    12-17-11 06:34 PM
    i have an eprint printer and i too can print text from my playbook, one problem i have is pictures, ive put hotmail on the pb but i dont have a add photo or attachment option on the email is there a certain email you need to use to get this option?
    Just answered this in the other thread... At the bottom of the hotmail page you will see a link to the "PC site". Tap on that, then new message. You will now get the option to add an attachment, which you can then send to your printer.
    polly69 likes this.
    12-17-11 06:37 PM
    I have an HP wireless printer, but it does not have eprint, I am able to print emails with google chrome using cloud print. My question is how do I find the email address for my printer so I can print without using cloud print? Thanks
    12-17-11 08:33 PM
    Can we print from the pre installed document creator
    12-17-11 08:51 PM
    I have an HP wireless printer, but it does not have eprint, I am able to print emails with google chrome using cloud print. My question is how do I find the email address for my printer so I can print without using cloud print? Thanks
    What's your printer's model number?
    Sometimes you need to download the latest firmware for eprint to work.

As far as I know, you need to enable eprint to be able to find the email address assigned to it by HP. Basically you put the IP address of your printer into a browser (do this on your laptop/desktop). Make sure your printer is on and your wireless network is working. If eprint is enabled, you'll see a tab that says eprint (I think that's how it works -- I'm not at my printer at the moment). HP will assign it an email address, but you can create an alias to make it easy to remember and you can control which email accounts can send mail to the printer's email address. I believe you have to create an HP eprint account as well.

Edit: you can find your printer's IP address by printing out a test page that shows all your settings
    Last edited by lotuslanderz; 12-17-11 at 08:58 PM.
    Sludge44 likes this.
    12-17-11 08:54 PM
    Lotus, my hp printer is a deskjet 3050 wireless. I had typed out my printers IP address in the computer's browser and it gave out info, but it did not show anything about ePrint option, so I am guessing it does not have it. Any other ideas?
    12-17-11 09:51 PM
    Lotus, my hp printer is a deskjet 3050 wireless. I had typed out my printers IP address in the computer's browser and it gave out info, but it did not show anything about ePrint option, so I am guessing it does not have it. Any other ideas?
    Yours does not have it:
    hp3050: no e-print
    hp3050a: has e-print and airprint

This page shows all:
    Photo and Document All-in-One Printers - comparison results Small & Medium Business - HP
    12-17-11 10:18 PM
    Well, well, isn't the PB much cooler now? Which reminds me, my daughter wants to know if she can take the PB to her university and print documents on "for student use only" printers available in the school library? She says the kids with the iPads do it, and I'm curious how to accomplish this.
    would like to know this
    12-17-11 10:19 PM
    This isn't how the iPad kids do it, and it is still vaporware, but interesting nonetheless. Supposed to be released "early next year" (sounds like a RIM project) for about $150.

xPrintServer by Lantronix:
    According to the company, this is a little device, about the size of an iPhone, that you can plug into an existing network using a regular RJ45 (CAT5) cable. It allows all iOS-based devices to print to any printers connected to the same network, without any further configuration or additional software/app. Lantronix claims that xPrintServer currently supports thousands of printer models from major vendors, including HP, Brother, Epson, Canon, Dell, Lexmark, and Xerox.

Watch the 50 second video:
    xPrintServer :: Open it. Plug It In. Print.
    Last edited by Interloper.; 12-18-11 at 01:06 AM. Reason: really about $150
    12-18-11 12:08 AM
    The link in the OP's post will take you to an HP site that contains a list of compatible printers.
    Mine was tbere but oddly enough, typing the IP address failed to find the printer. THE ON-board menu, however gave me directions and I was able to set it all up. NOW the IP address works

Note of caution, thumbnails will not print. Pictures must be 100dpi or larger.
    12-18-11 01:01 AM
87 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD