View Poll Results: With what you have seen, are you switching to the all touch form factor?

Voters
107. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm gonna give the all touch a try

41 38.32%
  • No, the physical qwerty keyboard is just too useful to give up!

66 61.68%
    I'll personally have to see when the time comes. If the qwerty has decent screen real estate in an easy to use ergonomic package, I will probably go for that.
    07-19-12 04:42 PM
    Yh, the more I see the development alpha, the more I want it and am willing to try to the all touch... But as im still a poor student, I will only be able to get one device with my upgrade in Feb... With no going back after!! I'm almost convincing myself I can get use to the virtual keyboard the way I'm use to my 9900 just simply because of all the screen real estate... Like I've said a few time previously lol... I tilhink bb10 will work best on all that screen as opposed to a condensed one. Unless the physical phone has a huge screen....oh decisions..

1st world problems!!!
    07-19-12 04:50 PM
    No virtual keyboard will ever be as good as a real keypad. I'm sticking with with real!
    amjass12 and jegs2 like this.
    07-19-12 05:09 PM
    How come no option for both?

I'll certainly go for the all-touch, although surely there will be some need to get used to that style. I will certainly get one and give it a try, but worse comes to worse, there will be the full kbd one in my sights as well.

I just hope that RIM realizes that battery life is as important as other factors/features on their upcoming BB10 units. That's my biggest disappointment with the current 9900. Just read somewhere that currently the avg battery capacity for smartphones is 1400mAh ... high-end smartphones carry, on average, 1800mAh batteries.
    07-19-12 07:24 PM
    Oh, yes, I love attempting to place the cursor with the "hit and miss" slide that blue thingie hither and yon and then some more hither, oh, wait, yon, yon, no, a bit more hither. Uh, huh. Right!

In case, the DRIPPING sarcasm has escaped attention - I want REAL KEYS or a trackpad!
    Not sure how "real keys" are going to help you there, a trackpad is the only way to avoid having to place the cursor and there won't be one of those in BB10...

Anyway, I'm considering heading towards the full-touch model. The demo of the keyboard impressed me, plus I'm a bit unsure about how many apps the keyboard model will have/their appearance as all BB10 apps are currently being designed with ~16:9 aspect ratio that the keyboard model won't have.

Also, I find it slightly tiresome how many people on here view full touch phones with such derision. I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't attribute the global economic slowdown to the switch by most people from keyboard to all touch smartphones, meaning a loss of efficiency due to slower typing
    07-19-12 07:39 PM
    So, recently his employer forced a Bold or what on him and he HATES it because of its physical KYBD. His biggest gripe: how to add lots and lots of numbers without hitting the ALT key each time.
    press alt/aA at the same time and it locks the numbers until you press either one again.
    07-19-12 08:32 PM
    press alt/aA at the same time and it locks the numbers until you press either one again.
    And PRESS/HOLD on a letter and it will be Capitalized (which I wish the pb would emulate).
    07-19-12 09:42 PM
    Not sure how "real keys" are going to help you there, a trackpad is the only way to avoid having to place the cursor and there won't be one of those in BB10...

Anyway, I'm considering heading towards the full-touch model. The demo of the keyboard impressed me, plus I'm a bit unsure about how many apps the keyboard model will have/their appearance as all BB10 apps are currently being designed with ~16:9 aspect ratio that the keyboard model won't have.

Also, I find it slightly tiresome how many people on here view full touch phones with such derision. I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't attribute the global economic slowdown to the switch by most people from keyboard to all touch smartphones, meaning a loss of efficiency due to slower typing
    Yh, +1...the current touch bb devices aren't great for typing... But the playbook is better than the iphone and android imo... Obv they are gonna use this touch technology on the bb10 devices (if not a better one) so typing is absolutely fine... In portrait mode I type fast and with few mistakes.. I'm sure it'll be the same on the all touch bb10 device..
    07-20-12 06:38 AM
58 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD