What about the process of the Playbook initially connecting and functioning fine for days, only to have the association slowly degrade over time with only a full security wipe setting it back to a working state?
    12-19-12 05:49 PM
    Huh. With this latest wipe, I notice that the Playbook OS has upgraded to 2.1.0.1314. We'll see if that has any effect.
    12-19-12 07:07 PM
    What about the process of the Playbook initially connecting and functioning fine for days, only to have the association slowly degrade over time with only a full security wipe setting it back to a working state?
    There are too many different variables to isolate wifi problems --- but chances are that it is more likely that this is not RIM that is causing the problems.
    12-19-12 09:20 PM
    With todays OS uodate I hoped the WiFi issue would be gone but its not ! I still have to keep logging on to any WiFi connection I have at the time I hope Rim comes out with an update that fixes this.

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    12-19-12 10:35 PM
    If you use a dlink router throw it in the bush. Every single dlink router I ever used would drop wifi signals. From cheap $20 and even $150 ones.

Also change your wifi channel to something other than default. 11 or 10
    12-20-12 12:14 AM
    The connection (as seen through a DW1530 Wireless-n WLAN Half-Mini card in a Dell laptop, BSS Mode as 802.11n), shows as 802.11g. IPv4 internet connectivity with no IPv6 access. Media state enabled. 54.0Mbps. 'Excellent' signal strength from my current location. A lease seems to be obtained daily with an 8 hour expiration period.

My latest plan had been to disable the 9810's WiFi and not even allow it to communicate with work since it's been suggested that cross-corruption may be occuring. After another security wipe, I'm back to a situation where this side of the building rejects my associations while the other side accepts without issue. I'm sure that will degrade over time again.

So we see that the Playbook will accept a connection to the network. Eventually, this connection will falter and stop working. This is a phenomena I have only seen with the WEP encrypted network at my office. The last channel to acheive a connection was 7, though I can't say that's a standard across all nodes in the building. The nodes/router closest to me at the moment might be using a different channel. I might even be seeing competing channels, I can't tell at the moment.

I have to say... if the Playbook would reject the network immediately and never allow access, I'd understand. But it doesn't. It allows for a connection that will eventually degrade over a period ranging from days to weeks. Initially it's a failed association, which eventually becomes a total failure to communicate with the WEP network entirely. That failure will occur on individual node sets (as seen by my inability to connect from this location, but being able to connect elsewhere).

That has to be the strangest part. The association dies at this location, but lives at another. Same network, same encryption, just a different set of nodes and possibly a different router. Overuse of that set will eventually cause failure as well.

I'd also expect other devices to have this issue. But no. Nooks, Kindles and other Android devices are fine. Laptops are fine. This Playbook/Phone combo... spotty and random with an inevitable and depressing conclusion.

We can go ahead and blame the shoddy WiFi settings being used, but that doesn't change the fact that only BlackBerry has an inconsistant problem with it.
    12-20-12 07:17 AM
    With todays OS uodate I hoped the WiFi issue would be gone but its not ! I still have to keep logging on to any WiFi connection I have at the time I hope Rim comes out with an update that fixes this.

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    After this update my PB has dropped wifi twice. It has done this many times before, but after the previous update the problem went away. Way to go RIM, one step sideways and one back!

...and please don't bother to respond... my router is just fine. In fact i have two completly different brands of routers on my network and my PB drops both for no reason. PB have software related wifi issues that keep these threads open.

I just hope i can stay connected to the hotel router when I'm on vacation next week.
    12-20-12 07:32 AM
32 12