So I just decided to try my playbook KOBO. Opened it, looked at the samples, downloaded a free book from kobo and a first chapter to try things out. It went fine, so I bought a book from the kobo store, just by clicking the icon in the playbook kobo. Got the book and I'm reading it. Next day kobo emails me a welcome discount of 20%. Great, I think, but when I try to use the promo code at check out, kobo says that I don't have one. Also when I sign on to my Kobo account from kobo.com, not from my playbook app, it says that I have no purchases! Contacted their live help which was useless. Live help said I must purchase from my PC to get the discount. Tried this with exactly same result, kobo.com have my address and credit card info, but no record of the books I've got on my playbook - including the one I bought from them!! This is stupid, since my purchase is what prompted them to send me the 'welcome' email and discount. Can anyone please help me with this?? Many thx.
    11-22-12 08:04 PM
    Not much we can do...

The free books I got show under "I'm reading". The two I bought, under Purchased. They all show on the PlayBook, no way to tell them apart.

Check if your card has been credited. If it did, send Kobo the proof you you got charged and they will have to do something about it.

Good luck there.
    castoridae likes this.
    11-22-12 08:34 PM
    yep, all of mine show in my playbook, just not on the 'official' kobo website. I'm currently in an irritating email exchange with kobo and their customer service. I was hoping for an easy fix here; will keep up the fight. Thx
    11-22-12 08:55 PM
    Not much we can do...

The free books I got show under "I'm reading". The two I bought, under Purchased. They all show on the PlayBook, no way to tell them apart.

Check if your card has been credited. If it did, send Kobo the proof you you got charged and they will have to do something about it.

Good luck there.
    Hey, I finally tried what you said - I scanned & uploaded my charge card bill w/the kobo purchase on it today. The live help are escalating it up and I will get an email about it in 48 hrs. Thx for the tip!
    diegonei likes this.
    12-10-12 08:57 PM