I have a Playbook 2.1 Bundle1753. I have tried multiple chargers both MicroUSB and the magnetic port. The battery symbol shows it is charging but it is not charging. The battery completely died and I stack charged and finally got it to 86%. Then it would not charge anymore. As long as I have a charger on it the battery does not reduce but if I take it off the battery goes down as expected but I cannot get it to charge again. I have done a complete reload of the OS without success twice. The battery is now at 81% and I cannot get it to charge any further. I am extremely frustrated.
    01-09-14 08:51 PM
    I have a Playbook 2.1 Bundle1753. I have tried multiple chargers both MicroUSB and the magnetic port. The battery symbol shows it is charging but it is not charging. The battery completely died and I stack charged and finally got it to 86%. Then it would not charge anymore. As long as I have a charger on it the battery does not reduce but if I take it off the battery goes down as expected but I cannot get it to charge again. I have done a complete reload of the OS without success twice. The battery is now at 81% and I cannot get it to charge any further. I am extremely frustrated.
    Hi and welcome to CrackBerry forums. Sorry to hear that you are having issues with your PlayBook. Have you checked your chargers? I know that I had problems with mine and could not charge untill I went out and got a power charger for the PB. In case you do have the appropriate chargers, what symbol shows up when you connect them? If it shows a black power-plug, that means it is trickle charging which can probably drain faster than it can charge. A lightning bolt across your battery symbol means that the charger is actually charging the PB correctly.

In case you have a black power-plug icon, try getting a charge with more power. If you have the lightning, shut off your PB and charge it till you get the green static light. Once you have that, see if that improves your experience.

If not, come back here and we will try something else

LP &HG
    01-09-14 09:55 PM
    The battery guru app would be helpful to you. It would show if it is actually charging or not. The magnetic chargers can sometimes show a lightning bolt but not charge. The guru app would show if its charging along with the charge rate. I have to clean the contacts every couple months for the magnetic charger to work with some reliability. Check the usb port. The flat plastic bit with the contacts should be almost touching the bottom(back of the PlayBook) part of the port. If it's centered then the usb was plugged in upside down which can cause wacky problems. You can push it back down if that is your problem. Also, the black plug over the battery indicates the PlayBook is using as much or more power then the charger is supplying. If you don't have the OEM usb charger try putting it in standby and airplane mode leaving it plugged in overnight. It's not ideal but it should charge. When using most usb chargers the power used by the screen alone is more the charger supplies.
    01-10-14 11:05 AM
    Make sure you are using the OEM PB charger, or at least something that puts out at lieast 1.8 amps I believe. If not enough current, this may show the results you are seeing.

Another possibility is the life of the batteries, how old is the unit, you the original owner, as to know the history of device, or did you get it used/second hand. Could be the batteries have life out their useful lifespan.

Get the Rapid Travel Charger from Amazon, 14 bucks and it will save your micro-usb port from wear/tear, and possible damage. Magnetic port, breaks away and you can connect it in the dark. This should have been OEM inclusion in the PB box.

Then the Micro usb port is used for file transfers and backups only.

c
    01-10-14 12:04 PM
    Battery Guru will be helpful It will tell you actual voltage of the battery system. I say system because the PB actually has two batteries hooked up in parallel. This system comes with a battery charging controller which is responsible for balancing out the charge to the two separate batteries. If one of those batteries goes bad strange results maybe observed.
    If you can tell us the reported voltage whenit quits charging that might help.h.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    Carl Estes likes this.
    01-10-14 02:09 PM