8 7.92%
  • No I dont like it and wont use it

14 13.86%
  • Other...

19 18.81%
09-29-12 10:07 AM
78 1234
tools
    I found the whole process of signing up and getting the movie painless, but I have to agree the prices could use a little "tweaking".

I spent almost $50 on Shirley Temple movies.....j/k
    esk369 likes this.
    09-27-12 03:12 PM
    Other. It got me to sign up but as others have said the prices are too high but I found about the same content or movies that Netflix offers which isn't great either.
    09-27-12 03:20 PM
    Netfix .
    09-27-12 03:39 PM
    damnit, el31415 got there before me - if only we had netflix access eh?
    09-28-12 03:19 AM
    It might have been a success for those who didn't download the movie for free months ago, accept watching it on a small screen, live in North America and have heard of RIM as a video provider.
    09-28-12 07:12 AM
    You are correct about the file size. It is only limited by the size of your account. However, you only get 2GB free plus 1/2GB per referral. Will take me forever to get enough referrals to make this worthwhile.
    Getting referrals are easy. You need to put a video or file in the Public folder. Then you need to send the link for that file to a buddy. For him/her to access it, will require them to signup and bingo, you have a referral. You can do this for all those instances you send attachments to friends/family via email.
    09-28-12 08:44 AM
    I agree with the OP. Prior to the free offer and the post in crackberry eluding to this, i didn't even have the video store on my PB. I was forced to reinstall it and actually look through the video store after grabbing the free movie
    esk369 likes this.
    09-28-12 09:26 AM
    It got me to actually look thru the video store. Doubt I'll ever download anything else as the prices are a little steep for something I don't need. I've converted some of my own videos so I'm good.
    09-28-12 10:56 AM
    so lets say they revamped their pricing system and offered a value based subscription plan not confined to just watching on the pb being able to use hdmi to watch on your tv at home would you be more likely to use or at least give it a try?
    We've used it twice since it became available in, Canada but it's too expensive as is so a cheaper option would definitely appeal to us.

I'd like to see $1.99 and $0.99 rentals ideally but I'd consideration a flat rate subscription if it were cheap enough and if they increase their offerings.
    Last edited by stewartj1; 09-28-12 at 11:21 AM.
    esk369 likes this.
    09-28-12 11:14 AM
    I honestly like the selection, but like many others say, $20 for a movie is crazy. I can't justify paying that for a newer movie. I wish RIM would partner with Amazon as well. Better prices and more options. I'm not likely to purchase any newer movie from the video store at their current price points
    esk369 likes this.
    09-28-12 11:18 AM
    I think it was a big fail. It might have made a few North Americans happy, but it single handedly managed to p**s off all the users in the UK.

RIM seems to think we're just second class citizens who are willing to pay 60% more for apps, not get freebies (this isn't the first time and won't be the last), etc. Heck, for some crazy reason if you get a Playbook in the UK you don't even get the Podcasting app on it. have RIM decided UK users aren't allowed Podcasts.

I don't see Apple and Amazon constantly alienated us Brits so can't figure out why RIM think this techno-racism is either clever or okay
    09-28-12 11:24 AM
    I saw the promo on AppWorld but when I clicked on it I didn't get any details about how to the get the download. I had the same issue on two playbooks. I followed the thread here so while others were downloading i was still unable to find the promo code anywhere, so I missed the window of opportunity. I'm sure there will be more promos to follow. With so many demanding Netflix the void is theirs for the taking if they go about it right.
    09-28-12 11:38 AM
    I think it was a big fail. It might have made a few North Americans happy, but it single handedly managed to p**s off all the users in the UK.

RIM seems to think we're just second class citizens who are willing to pay 60% more for apps, not get freebies (this isn't the first time and won't be the last), etc. Heck, for some crazy reason if you get a Playbook in the UK you don't even get the Podcasting app on it. have RIM decided UK users aren't allowed Podcasts.

I don't see Apple and Amazon constantly alienated us Brits so can't figure out why RIM think this techno-racism is either clever or okay
    So much is outsourced to 3rd party companies that are obviously having difficulties obtaining appropriate licensing to service appropriately. I think RIM has chosen poorly in partnering up with Roxio, I hope they get it together & stop alienating so many people.
    esk369 likes this.
    09-28-12 02:16 PM

That stinks worse then $**t can't understand rims issues with these things.
    Can't you use a proxy some others stated as a workaround.
    Sounds like another petition might be in order I signed the 1st and wouldn't have a problem signing another to show some luv to the UK.
    yorkshireman2 likes this.
    09-28-12 02:40 PM
    Unless this video store smartens up and provides a good selection at a decent price, I will never buy or rent a single video from them.
    Agreed. The BlackBerry Movie Store wants CAD19.99 for Horrible Bosses: Totally Inappropriate Edition. I could have gone to the theatre to watch the movie and snack on a large bag of popcorn and a large soft drink for the same price. At this point I prefer Movie Vault which has a one-time cost although all the movies are very old but I enjoy old movies from the better days of film making.
    09-28-12 04:04 PM
    Thanks Esk.

It just feels so odd that when we're apparently still one of RIM's major markets yet we get tread either as an afterthought, or like we don't exist.

We need to feel a little RIM love
    esk369 likes this.
    09-28-12 04:05 PM
    Ok, my first post on here. I've been a long time lurker. But I'm seeing comments on here that the video store in available in Canada. Q: Since when? I don't see it on my PB. Thanks for the info.
    09-28-12 05:07 PM
    Been a month or so. Go to App World and install the Video Store.
    09-28-12 06:44 PM
    It took over 2 hours to download. Some of the problem was to many downloading at the same time and poor internet provider!
    09-28-12 07:42 PM
    epic failure in my case. While I was able to register, I cannot find where or how to download the movie after receiving a receipt confirming the purchase. Oh well you get what you pay for.
    09-29-12 07:51 AM
    I don't really remember but think I had to go to my library, purchases and then download from there. I know it wasn't in downloads.
    FF22 likes this.
    09-29-12 07:58 AM
    epic failure in my case. While I was able to register, I cannot find where or how to download the movie after receiving a receipt confirming the purchase. Oh well you get what you pay for.

If you got receipt......go to....Video Store > My Library > movies... And it is there.
    09-29-12 08:51 AM
    How do I get movies on my playbook. I dont see them in the app world
    DC506 likes this.
    09-29-12 09:07 AM
    Well I saw the free offer in app world but if you're in the US or Canada you should have a movie store icon on your pb.
    09-29-12 09:39 AM
    I dont see any movie icon. just podcasts
    09-29-12 09:57 AM
78 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD