• Its good but certainly have things to inprove on

35 34.65%
  • Undecided until its official and has more content

8 7.92%
  • No I dont like it and wont use it

14 13.86%
  • Other...

19 18.81%
    It may be my miserable dsl service but it took a number of hours to download the movie.

The quality looks quite good. I like that the player has that Quick Rewind feature (the native video player needs a more finessed rewind/forward feature).

I don't know the rental prices but if their normal price is $13, 14 or 15 - no way will I purchase movies from the store.
    09-27-12 11:30 AM
    2 GB is going to give you VERY nice resolution for sure but it costs you in space on the device or the bandwidth to stream it. We are getting to an age where 4G speeds are expanding but not everywhere and certain not in many places overseas yet. I am sure there will be ways to have smaller downloads/less to stream at lower quality otherwise its going to be tough for many peeps.
    BlackStormRising likes this.
    09-27-12 11:34 AM
    Free version.
    You are correct about the file size. It is only limited by the size of your account. However, you only get 2GB free plus 1/2GB per referral. Will take me forever to get enough referrals to make this worthwhile.
    09-27-12 11:35 AM
    It may be my miserable dsl service but it took a number of hours to download the movie.

The quality looks quite good. I like that the player has that Quick Rewind feature (the native video player needs a more finessed rewind/forward feature).

I don't know the rental prices but if their normal price is $13, 14 or 15 - no way will I purchase movies from the store.
    Agreed prices are way off the mark.
    If as I have said you could get a non contract for let's say 8 bucks a month for unlimited streaming maybe 1 or 2 that you could store for offline viewing would something like that make you more inclined to give it a try?
    09-27-12 11:37 AM
    I had no problems downloading after I registered at the Video store, but I wish we had the option to stream the movie over Wifi rather than downloading and having it take up valuable space on my PB. Everywhere I go usually has free Wifi of some sort.
    09-27-12 11:41 AM
    I'm curious, Matt/esk369, could a poll be added onto this thread?
    bungaboy and esk369 like this.
    09-27-12 11:44 AM
    I'm curious, Matt/esk369, could a poll be added onto this thread?
    I certainly wouldn't have a a problem with.
    09-27-12 11:48 AM
    I added a poll and some choices that i think can cover most all choices
    esk369, bungaboy and mark37724 like this.
    09-27-12 11:51 AM
    Thanks for the enhancements guys.
    My experience was good as far as ease of getting the code in and the DL took just under 5 minutes which kinda surprised me.
    But I have to agree they need to make major improvements to attract the masses.
    bungaboy likes this.
    09-27-12 11:56 AM
    @mark37724.
    Btw a huge thanks for posting yesterday I think a lot more people would have missed out had it not been for your heads up about:-)
    bungaboy and mark37724 like this.
    09-27-12 12:04 PM
    My pleasure, just wanted to make sure as many as possible took advantage of it.
    bungaboy likes this.
    09-27-12 12:07 PM
    I have been using the video store since it became available. It's good, not great. I have never had any trouble buying or renting. The download took about 40 minutes.
    I don't visit app world on a regular basis so without forums I would have never known about this offer. If they are trying to get exposure, maybe an email to PB owners would help. The function of the store is fine for me but to appeal to the masses they need a broader range of content.
    esk369 and bungaboy like this.
    09-27-12 12:11 PM
    I see on my t300 that google play iI assume to celebrate their birthday is having a sale on books movies music on the playstore.
    Does anyone think this free movie may have been a response by rim to the abovementioned?
    09-27-12 12:20 PM
    I find the store setup I'm fine with, what I got a problem with is the highway robbery of the prices of stuff, especially the tv shows/series...just not worth it IMHO....
    09-27-12 12:33 PM
    I think it is a lot more complex to offer these features all across the world starting at the same time. There are intellectual rights issues etc.
    I think RIM should put these free videos out there at random intervals to get people to look for them and create a little buzz.
    Don't know how much it cost them but the bird is the word.
    esk369 and bungaboy like this.
    09-27-12 12:41 PM
    TOTAL crap. Can't log in to the site. Even went as far as changing my password. Still not letting me in. Just tried again and same error message. Not that interested in this movie anyway. Was merely impressed that they did this. Guess they really didn't. Lol.
    09-27-12 01:18 PM
    The download process stinks. I'm still trying to get the movie. The best I've been able to get was 75 meg before failure. Tried contacting support but no answer. If I ever manage to get the movie I might try using the service again. The previous comments on prices are true. I use several services and the pricing and service is far superior.

Amazon works great and pricing is much better. Having Prime service rocks because you get thousands of movies to watch for free. There's a wide selection for rentals or purchase as well.
    Last edited by taz68; 09-27-12 at 01:34 PM.
    09-27-12 01:29 PM
    @XDREW42.
    Did you check the thread that mark37724 started yesterday about the movie there's a lot of fixes and work arounds that I think solved a lot of people's registration/DL problems.
    09-27-12 01:33 PM
    I don't understand this poll option:

"Undecided until its official and has more content"

It IS official, isn't it?
    09-27-12 01:45 PM

09-27-12 01:45 PM

You would have to ask howarmat as he was kind enough to set the poll up.
    Although It seems pretty official to me
    09-27-12 01:53 PM

i put that in there meaning until the BB10 store is available for all
    BlackStormRising likes this.
    09-27-12 01:54 PM
    i put that in there meaning until the BB10 store is available for all
    Oh. Well the Video Store itself is official, just only in the US and Canada I think? New App World will be more like Google Play I'm guessing, which I think is pretty cool. Hopefully they get the licensing nonsense sorted so it's more widely available.
    esk369 likes this.
    09-27-12 03:00 PM
    It needs subtitles support to be competitive.
    09-27-12 03:04 PM
    Oh. Well the Video Store itself is official, just only in the US and Canada I think? New App World will be more like Google Play I'm guessing, which I think is pretty cool. Hopefully they get the licensing nonsense sorted so it's more widely available.
    yeah only US and canada as far as I know. And i do hop they get everything worked out so it would be available for all instead of just a few countries like it is now
    esk369 and Stewartj1 like this.
    09-27-12 03:06 PM
78 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD