My wife got me a Playbook for Christmas and I'm really liking this thing. Sure, there are some improvements that I'm hoping will come with OS2, but so far I'm not sure why this thing is not getting any good marketing or press. My wife bought me an iPad 1 last year and the Playbook this year and I'm spending more time on the Playbook. This is my first Blackberry device. Well done RIM. Now market this thing like it deserves so more users jump on board and this continues to be developed.
    12-30-11 10:41 PM
    Thank you for your very positive post on the the PB, that too your first post.
    Welcome to CB, hope you find all info here to make your PB experience a complete one, if you meet a problem just drop in a line
    12-30-11 10:53 PM
    Nice wife! Did you ask for it because you hated the ipad or did she want the ipad? Bad news you may have to buy another one.

Congratulations and welcome to crackberry. Dont miss the tips for newbies sticky - link beneath my post vvvvv

Thanks for the post.
    12-30-11 10:57 PM
    My wife got me a Playbook for Christmas and I'm really liking this thing. Sure, there are some improvements that I'm hoping will come with OS2, but so far I'm not sure why this thing is not getting any good marketing or press. My wife bought me an iPad 1 last year and the Playbook this year and I'm spending more time on the Playbook. This is my first Blackberry device. Well done RIM. Now market this thing like it deserves so more users jump on board and this continues to be developed.
    Welcome to the club. I don't think that App World is nearly as bad as the press would have us believe either. And like you, I am hoping for a big marketing push in '12 too... and more sales!
    12-30-11 11:03 PM
    Nice wife! Did you ask for it because you hated the ipad or did she want the ipad?
    He didn't claim to "hate" anything, and those aren't the only options.
    12-30-11 11:05 PM
    I'll add my "Welcome" too! Thanks for a great first post!
    12-30-11 11:20 PM
    Welcome aboard and enjoy the forums! ummm... it does become addicting!

12-30-11 11:34 PM
    Nice wife! Did you ask for it because you hated the ipad or did she want the ipad? Bad news you may have to buy another one.

Thanks for the post.
    No, I didn't even ask for it. She just heard me saying how nice it would be to have a 7" tablet for portability sake. Don't get me wrong, I still like my iPad and do use it as it has some apps the PB doesn't have. She doesn't want my iPad as she already has a Samsung Galaxy Tablet 7". I have considered selling the iPad, I'm just not sure yet.

The PB will be the tablet of choice that travels with me. I just have to get used to typing without auto correct, predictive text and spell correction.
    12-30-11 11:35 PM

The PB will be the tablet of choice that travels with me. I just have to get used to typing without auto correct, predictive text and spell correction.
    You know, I think this is RIM's plot to make everyone smarter, so many people have bad habits from texting and stuff, time to actually start spelling and making our own corrections.
    jamesbondOO7 likes this.
    12-30-11 11:40 PM
    Welcome! I second your view on the PB. It truly is a wonderful device.

The thing about it is that the more you use it -- the more you love it!
    12-30-11 11:41 PM
    I'm back with 2 brand new toys from RIM. A bold 9900 and a PB 32Gb.
    After almost 6 months to Apple, I noticed that some improvements were made on the PB.
    The Iphone is great, but with BlackBerry it's'never ending love story.
    One of the reason I came back to BB, is the price for the PB, 249,99 $ at Best Buy. That is the right price for this type of device.

I honestly hope that RIM will step back to it's leader position. They offer great product, great quality and it's Canadian !!

I'm looking forward to use both devices !

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    moh950 and Bisboxer like this.
    12-30-11 11:56 PM
    I absolutely love my playbook and so does my wife. I just picked 2 one for each of us and we are loving it. i was an ipad 2 user and i sure am glad that i am a playbook owner now. the device is beautifully designed and is powerful and so far has shown to be superior to the bulky ipad2. i just wish this thing was being marketed right. Rim needs to step up the game. the sad thing is that at stores like futureshop and bestbuy the sales people actually give negative comments and false info about the playbook. i dont know why Rim does'nt train and put its representatives at these stores to do their products some justice like Apple does.
    Bisboxer likes this.
    12-31-11 12:15 AM
    You know, I think this is RIM's plot to make everyone smarter, so many people have bad habits from texting and stuff, time to actually start spelling and making our own corrections.
    It could have the opposite effect (affect?) - folks see enough mistakes they start thinking that is the way a wordd iss speeelllled.
    12-31-11 12:42 AM
    Congrats, as many have already stated the Playbook is a great value. It started out as a direct competitor to the iPad and for that it got bad press. Now RIM has repositioned it as a competitor to the Fire and the Nook--and I believe its a much compelling choice at that level.

If RIM every manages to release OS2 and get enough core Android apps working on it--I guarantee you it will be noticed by the tech press. It would be a first in the tablet world and I think *some* of the negatively will turn around.
    12-31-11 01:01 AM
    Welcome to the forums, glad to hear you are enjoying the PB.
    12-31-11 01:03 AM
    great wife haha. have fun with it i know i am!
    12-31-11 01:04 AM
    No, I didn't even ask for it. She just heard me saying how nice it would be to have a 7" tablet for portability sake. Don't get me wrong, I still like my iPad and do use it as it has some apps the PB doesn't have. She doesn't want my iPad as she already has a Samsung Galaxy Tablet 7". I have considered selling the iPad, I'm just not sure yet.

Even more interesting. Preferred over TWO leading devices.

So why would she not get you a samsung galaxy 7" for portability sake? It's interesting to me why playbook is now becoming a preference when set beside these leading choices without a specific request from you. What was the selling feature?

In my opinion she must be a very intelligent (and generous) woman, and you a lucky man!
    Last edited by blackjack93117; 12-31-11 at 02:09 AM.
    Bisboxer likes this.
    12-31-11 02:02 AM
    I am with you. There is no substitute for education.
    12-31-11 02:36 AM
    I'm glad you're enjoying your new PB.

I got mine a couple of days ago and absolutely love it.
    12-31-11 06:04 AM
    Having been a Blackberry fan since i got my first phone nearly a year and a half ago , i decided to treat myself to a Playbook 32GB just after the first price drop and before the second . What a great device ! Loved it so much i bought a16GB one for my wife (who isn't very techno-minded) in the second price reduction as a late christmas present and she absolutely loves hers ! (She's also a 9105 owner ) Altogether we're a very happy Blackberry/Playbook Household !
    I find the Playbook a very good way of showing my photos on an HD Telly via the HDMI , She loves the access to the iPlayer and Youtube without having to lug the Laptop out !
    12-31-11 06:58 AM
    Yeah, it's very nice being able to do things - You Tube, iPlayer etc. without having to boot up a pc or netbook.

I've now tried a few different OS's in various incarnations: I started out with symbian phones then moved to an android. When I got my iPod Touch I really just stopped using my phone for anything but texts and calls as I found iOs to be slicker, faster and just altogether better.

I probably would like an iPad - but not at those prices. The Playbook I find to be elegant and minimalist; it does everything I want so far.
    12-31-11 07:05 AM
    Even more interesting. Preferred over TWO leading devices.

So why would she not get you a samsung galaxy 7" for portability sake? It's interesting to me why playbook is now becoming a preference when set beside these leading choices without a specific request from you. What was the selling feature?

In my opinion she must be a very intelligent (and generous) woman, and you a lucky man!
    She researched many devices from Fire, Galaxy, Playbook, and many other Android platform devices and determined the Playbook was the best one to go with.

Bisboxer likes this.
    12-31-11 07:07 AM
    Welcome! You're going to keep loving the PlayBook. I've had mine since the beginning and the love has only gotten stronger.
    12-31-11 07:55 AM
    Welcome it is a great little device. If I'm worried about my spelling and whatnot on the forum or elsewhere I'll type my post in word to go where it does spell check etc.
    12-31-11 08:01 AM
    She researched many devices from Fire, Galaxy, Playbook, and many other Android platform devices and determined the Playbook was the best one to go with.

Well then I repeat - very intelligent woman. - could you put her on to tell us what were the deciding features over android and galaxy?

This is valuable data.
    We need ammo and real life testimonies for the naysayers who think this is the only tablet in the world that sucks and nobody would buy it unless they are blackberry fanboys or have blackberry phones, or are just plain stupid be cause its not apple or android..lol.
    12-31-11 04:36 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD