Hello crackberry abusers and users alike, I have a bit of problem with my last two playbooks 64gb bought in store at two different office Depot shops. My very first playbook I had for a week before returning it bc it had a decent size bulge in the back. The second one I returned because the screen had some yellow tint to it. It was very noticeable in any brightness setting. The current one I have now has the same issue if not more so..In comparison to my iphone 4 the playbooks screen is super yellow. My question is whether or not I should return it or get a refund and buy it else where? Also what's your experience with this anomaly? I just want a cool blue bright screen the like the first 64gb playbook I had but returned lol.
    05-17-12 12:51 AM
    Honestly, if I was in your situation I would definitely return it. I was using my friend's playbook the other day when my friend's brother next to me says... Why does the screen look yellowish compared to this (he was using and ipad2)?

I then took out my Playbook to compare (to the other PB and ipad) and I was shocked at the difference. My friends PB had a yellowish tint while my PB and ipad had bright white screens.

It really makes a huge difference so I would definitely exchange.
    berrythisberrythat likes this.
    05-17-12 02:17 AM
    Well that's it lol this confirms my suspicions I definitely got short handed here. The primary reason I got the playbooks is bc of its amazing browser and while yellow tint produces richer color I'd rather have a bright white or neutral screen. Tomorrow I'll get refund from office Depot and head to best in hopes of finding the playbooks ill keep lol thanks again to those who replied
    05-17-12 04:20 AM
    Update: well I exchanged the playbook twice today. #4 had yellow screen and worse two dead pixels. #5 I just got an hour ago and it was received at the Office Depot on April 25th probably a fixed refurb. This one I haven't had time to test out bc I have work but so far noticed one dead pixel on bottom edge of screen and can't tell if yellow screen is back. Also wifi seemed unusually fast so that was a nice surprise maybe the issues with wireless N have been fixed. Also about 100 users viewed this thread but only one replied I'm guessing no one else has the yellow screen tint issue lol lucky girls and guys.
    05-17-12 06:17 PM
    My PlayBook has the warmer tint. I actually prefer it that way as it produces a more vibrant color without being too saturated like the Samsung phones. Even on my TV, the tint is set to "warm" by default but it gives the option to change it. I'm not sure why phones don't have these options.

And I believe most of the new iPhones 4's and 4S's being produced now have the warmer tint.
    05-17-12 11:58 PM
    Wow. I know I don't read every thread or post, but I try to keep up and this is the first yellow screen issue I've heard of. The dead pixels and bulge I'm familiar with, but not this. Sorry OP, not the three we have at home nor those at work. I wouldn't be buying any lottery tickets anytime soon

On the other hand, maybe your dog isn't as housetrained as you thought
    Last edited by rotorwrench; 05-18-12 at 12:55 AM.
    05-18-12 12:49 AM
    My PlayBook has the warmer tint. I actually prefer it that way as it produces a more vibrant color without being too saturated like the Samsung phones. Even on my TV, the tint is set to "warm" by default but it gives the option to change it. I'm not sure why phones don't have these options.

And I believe most of the new iPhones 4's and 4S's being produced now have the warmer tint.
    I had a jailbreak tweak on my iPhone that automatically warmed the display t sundown for the night lighting (since studies show the blue tint can affect sleep cycles) and by god it was easier to read! The tweak also had settings for when you were under fluorescent light and it helped with eyestrain.

Who woulda thunk it?

I got blisters on me fingers! from using Tapatalk.
    05-18-12 12:57 AM
    I dont have a clue of what you are talking about.... I dont see any yellow screen or warm tint or anything
    05-18-12 01:14 AM
    I dont have a clue of what you are talking about.... I dont see any yellow screen or warm tint or anything
    You have to have two devices side by side. My 9900 is blue tinted compared to our display 9900. I had a heck of a time adjusting to my iPhone compared to my SGS ( the Galaxy series and the super amoled are notorious for being over saturated cool, but I actually personally prefer a cool blue tint to warm yellowish tint). You likely wouldn't notice until you had the units side by side.

When a phone is badly warm tinged, though? It's like your device has liver failure...

I got blisters on me fingers! from using Tapatalk.
    05-18-12 03:14 AM
    This yellow screen tint is something that is rarely noticeable unless you have two playbooks side by side. When I used my friends I felt something was not right but couldn't pin point it until my friend who was using the ipad pointed it out.

I then compared that side to side with my PB and the difference was huge. IMO I would go to great lengths to ensure I have a "bright" white screen because the yellowish screens look dull and old, my 0.02 cents. I guess it's just a personal preference thing.
    05-18-12 03:18 AM
    Today, I received a refurb PlayBook from RIM because my camera went out on my original. I 100% noticed the yellowish tint to the screen when I completed the setup. My previous PlayBook was bright and vibrant, this one sucks. Will be calling RIM back tomorrow...
    07-25-12 09:41 PM
    I sent back my 1st playbook (which has yellow tint) and loose back cover, my 2nd playbook has yellow tint as well. I couldn't afford to send it back again because I have purchased screen protector twice and I don't want to be without playbook for another week.

I am okay with the tint but sometimes when I transfer some wallpapers from my pc to playbook, they display differently than my LCD monitor which is not good
    07-25-12 10:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD