Hi all,

There will probably be a lot of posts in he forum about everyone's new Playbook, and i just wanted to get mine out there.

First of all, i guess i should give you all some background on myself and why i got the playbook.

So, my first blackberry ever was the curve 8520, which isn't a great phone, but it served me well.

For my birthday i received the 9900, which i love to bits!!

Today, i got the playbook 32gb, and i must say, it is amazing!!

it was all set up, including an update to 1.0.8 ( i think) within one hour.

my dad has had an ipad two for a while now, and the first thought that came into my head was that neither of these devices were perfect. some might say that the playbook has some rough edges, but they wont admit that their devices have some problems as well.

i love that i can just drag and drop .avi files from my computer straight to the playbook. non of that silly converting business.

this is due to the operating system, which having played and used the ipad, the ipad 2 as well as many android devices, is unique. it is not better or worse, it can't be for me. i agree that there are some rough sides to it (the keyboard and lack of the wonderful blackberry spelling/autocorrect feature). however, there are also plenty of things about this that are great ( the browser is jaw dropping, it's faster than the ipad 2 and easier to use than android browsers. the multitasking is great, it couldnt be better. the bezel swipesbare just fantastic!!!)

i could go on about things that i love about the playbook, but im not because i dont want to seem biased.

in fact, i could go on forever about things thatbare good and bad, things that need improvement, but im not.

In the end what matters is that we are happy. I couldn't care less about the small faults with the playbook, because at the end of the day, the playbook does what i want and need.

if an ipad does that better for you, then use an ipad. just don't tell me that it is better than the playbook, because for me, the playbook is perfect.

( this was all typed on my playbook!!! so sorry for no capitals and **** spelling)

//Gueko
    JK-PhD, Jince, PTZ and 10 others like this.
    12-25-11 09:19 AM
    congrats for your new pb...enjoy it and couldnt agree more...PB rulez
    12-25-11 09:28 AM
    Good for you my friend, good for you!

Merry Christmas.
    12-25-11 09:28 AM
    I just got done opening the Zagg FLEX Keyboard - I'm typing on it now and let me tell you... It is a great little keyboard. I was a little disappointed with the way it felt when I first opened it. It almost felt a little cheap. But it was extremely easy to set up and I was using it in a matter of seconds. It's roomy and pleasant to type on and has a pretty snappy feel. All in all - it has been a good christmas for my playbook
    12-25-11 09:47 AM
    My six year loves hers...her sister is jealous but she'll use mine.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    rotorwrench and peter9477 like this.
    12-25-11 09:50 AM
    Congrats. (keep it smooth and easy)
    12-25-11 10:06 AM
    Wants brought to my house last night for the kids 8 and 6 and wow there nice set up a breez all I got to say is who ever is on the fence don't wait these things are swt!!!!!!!!!!
    12-25-11 10:29 AM
    It's really nice to see people who actually enjoy the playbook.

I had been reading some worrying things about it, I just hope they get some of the small stuff fixed in Feb.

Merry Christmas everyone!!!
    12-25-11 10:34 AM
    ive had mine since launch date and couldnt agree more. with every update the PlayBook gets better for me. C'Mon 2.0 and give me i fully functional Microsoft Suite....
    12-25-11 10:59 AM
    I have been reading the news and mail since early this morning waiting for the kids to get up. The PlayBook is handy to me and I have no regrets with the purchase. Gueko I am happy for you, enjoyed your post. Happy Holidays!
    12-25-11 11:20 AM
    Congrats OP, I got my Playbook as a Hanukkah present-which I got myself...and opened early lol
    12-25-11 11:35 AM
    Congrats OP, I got my Playbook as a Hanukkah present-which I got myself...and opened early lol
    Same here! Well, that's what I just decided I did. Gut Yontiv!
    jafobabe and rotorwrench like this.
    12-25-11 11:56 AM
    I would like to add my thoughts to this great thread. This developer is very happy to see that there are quite a few new (and apparently happy) PlayBook owners today. You are giving me a bit of a Christmas bonus by downloading my app and I hope you are enjoying your purchase. I am just finalizing an update which will be available in App World very soon. Thanks for your support and have a safe and happy holiday.
    jafobabe and kbz1960 like this.
    12-25-11 12:21 PM
    My six year loves hers...her sister is jealous but she'll use mine.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Hey, Cute picture!! I love it!
    12-25-11 12:39 PM
    Originally Posted by Lead_Express

LOL My kind man and woman! Good for you!
    jafobabe likes this.
    12-25-11 12:46 PM
    If the WY is Wyoming - getting a minyon together must be hard!

Taken with the pb:
    12-25-11 01:35 PM
    2011 Xmas Promo Present-40% OFF Blu-ray Ripper for Mac!Last 2 hours!

Pavtube 2011 Xmas Promo Present is coming! You can get various presents on Pavtube for your Christmas. Now for the best selling Blu-ray/DVD video and movies to Android Tablet Converter tools on Windows or Mac, you will get a special discount with up to 40% OFF! Only $29.00! Only from Dec 23th - Dec 25th! Time Limited! Catch your time and make your wise choices!

Discounted Blu-ray Ripper Windows/Mac and more Coupon Codes/Vouchers:

40% OFF Blu-ray Ripper (windows/mac) entrance

Deep Christmas Deals (Discounted Video Converter, DVD Ripper, Blu-ray Ripper, DRM Remover)

Win 50% Coupon Codes/Vouchers

Pavtube Blu-ray Ripper features:

* Read DVDs and Blu-ray Discs protected with latest versions of AACS and BD+;

* Rip Blu-Ray/DVD movie to HD MKV, DivX AVI, MP4, WMV, MOV, M4V, TS, etc up to 1080p;

* Convert BD and DVD movie to PS3, Xbox, Apple TV with 5.1 surround sound;

* Export optimized videos for iPad, iPhone, iPod and many other tablets (Galaxy Tab, BlackBerry PlayBook, Sony Tablet S, Kindle Fire, Nook Tablet, Nook Color, Acer Iconia Tab, Motorola Xoom, Asus Transformer, etc);

* Convert Blu-ray and DVD movie H.264 video with CUDA acceleration (3 to 5 times faster);

* 1:1 backup of Blu-ray Disc and DVD;

* Full support to DVD ISO/IFO, BD ISO, VIDEO_TS and BDMV structure.

The Pavtube Blu-ray Ripper is a must for those that would like to build a HTPC or Home Theater system, watch Blu-ray and DVD movie on the board during travel, and have a digital copy of their Blu-ray and DVD movies on mass storage hard drive for accessing over the Internet.
    Hope it can help you!

Merry Christmas!
    12-26-11 12:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD