Works perfectly now.....the playbook still rocks...lol
    12-05-13 02:35 PM
    Glad it was just the cable
    12-05-13 02:45 PM
    Where did you buy the cable? I tried 4 different cables, nothing works.

Posted via CB10
    12-30-13 10:40 AM

Posted via CB10
    i bought this one on ebay: 6 Feet Micro HDMI to HDMI Cable for Blackberry Playbook | eBay

works like a charm. wish i would have gotten longer but i think that's the reason why my last cable crapped out, it was like 25 feet.
    12-30-13 09:50 PM

Posted via CB10

spend the extra couple bucks on a decent one,,, Bluerigger is well made,,, i've been using a 10ft/3m one for a year, no issues,,, i always leave it plugged in on the tv side in the hdmi3 slot & just connect when needed...
    12-31-13 07:18 AM
    spend the extra couple bucks on a decent one,,, Bluerigger is well made,,, i've been using a 10ft/3m one for a year, no issues,,, i always leave it plugged in on the tv side in the hdmi3 slot & just connect when needed...
    i spent on a "well-made" cable and it crapped out within a year.
    12-31-13 08:35 AM
    i spent on a "well-made" cable and it crapped out within a year.
    did you bend the connectors awkwardly???
    12-31-13 08:39 AM
    did you bend the connectors awkwardly???
    Nope, always kept it nice and wound. Barely ever used it either.

Posted via CB10
    12-31-13 04:06 PM
    Nope, always kept it nice and wound. Barely ever used it either.

Posted via CB10
    Not wound too tightly I hope. That will also destroy a cable. Especially if it's wind and unwind.

I use the blue rigger ones too, good quality for a decent price if you ask me. Price does not always equal good quality - for example Monster. Monoprice also makes some good ones.

Posted via CB10
    12-31-13 05:59 PM
    Yes, I've had a monoprice hdmi cable hooked permanently to a monoprice hdmi switch box (with remote) for over two years and just plug my pb in. The cable is one of their 10 footers. I use a harmony remote to control whether I watch TV, Tivo, PB (and I just added the z10 with another cable) or listen to the receiver (radio). The hdmi switch box makes it all possible since my older sony only has ONE (sniff) hdmi socket!
    01-01-14 10:15 AM
    Not wound too tightly I hope. That will also destroy a cable. Especially if it's wind and unwind.

I use the blue rigger ones too, good quality for a decent price if you ask me. Price does not always equal good quality - for example Monster. Monoprice also makes some good ones.

Posted via CB10
    I Work inside a music studio so yeah, definitely done right and like I said, it was barely used and still crapped out. Price or quality I don't think it matters much with cables like these that aren't commercialized as much as say USB cables. Definitely don't trust monster.

Posted via CB10
    01-01-14 11:22 AM
    I've got a manual hdmi switch from them (didn't think I'd want a remote), but now I'm wishing I paid more for the remote, or dug deeper at least. Right now I'm looking (not very hard) for an auto sensing hdmi switch. Might even try to build one myself if I ever get off my arse lol

Posted via CB10
    01-01-14 05:41 PM
    I Work inside a music studio so yeah, definitely done right and like I said, it was barely used and still crapped out. Price or quality I don't think it matters much with cables like these that aren't commercialized as much as say USB cables. Definitely don't trust monster.

Posted via CB10
    Might just be a bad cable then. It happens.

Posted via CB10
    01-01-14 05:46 PM
    The New cable worked once then never again,
    just like the original...but it works on my android tabs.....lol
    Meh!... both pbs still work fine, a little slow sometimes but enjoy using them, picked up
    Tab3 8 Samsung the other day... nice tablet does almost everything ...works tv etc
    Ive been using my playbook leather cases etc for my new tabs glad I picked up a few
    On sale.....freaking expensive otherwise ......lol
    01-02-14 10:49 AM