The victims should fill this thread fast. I bought a tablet and I don't like it...whatever will I do...how can a company sell me a product I don't like...the world is so unfair...and so on. Here is a thought, sell the tablet and buy one you like. Crazy right?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Will you or Rim offer a full price refund for anyone? So lose 3 or 4 hundred dollars and now go spend another like amount because RIM did NOT LIVE UP to its intimations. 10 months maybe it will do some of what they suggested would be offered.
    10-26-11 02:29 PM
    Two things;

1) I'm pretty sure he (I won't directly initiate a conversation with him anymore) said he wouldn't come back until OS 2.0 was released. That date has been set and to be honest if there was nothing else I thought of when I heard the news of the delay, I thought, at least BlackJack won't be about on CrackBerry anymore, which will make my daily reading of the forums more enjoyable.

2) I don't quite understand why he would put up a post like this at such a volatile time as this. He clearly knows that he would literally get pages of abuse for posting it, yet he still went and did it. Knowing you are going to be abused and then going and doing the thing that you know will get you abused is a very worrying character trait. I'd suggest getting that looked into.
    FF22 and howarmat like this.
    10-26-11 02:30 PM
    The problem with your math is that complaints don't generate improvements. Only hard work can do that.

Complaints can affect sales, but not rate of improvement. Sorry, it doesn't work that way. Ever worked on a project of this scope in the tech industry?

"less complaint = some customer already gave up"

I've seen MORE complaints... does that mean the opposite? That people are buying more?
    What we are really seeing is MORE complaining from the same number of people.
    Have you read the recent threads? The one announcing the delay was not a rumor? Many, many more folks that have been silent have chimed in on how disappointed they are in Rim. How this may be the end of their BB allegiance? The frustration that was silent has not bubbled but boiled to the surface.

The complainers as you call them have multiplied in number. And as others have so neatly pointed out - less owners means less support from developers. Rim has done nothing to increase the penetration of this platform. The delay has only limited it even more. Yes, I understand that they've run into problems. But Rim announced the RELAUNCH. What folks just wanted were monthly updates to add or fix features. Now nothing for another four months.

I can see developers moving away in droves........ that helps even less.

Frankly, at first, I suspected that BLOG was a counterfeit hack of their site. I really did not expect the implosion.

"Canada stocks slightly higher; RIM drops 3% "
    Last edited by F2; 10-26-11 at 02:49 PM.
    10-26-11 02:46 PM
    Thanks!

Meh - That would make the wrong people happy to be here.

Happy to make you happy however

That was before I knew it would be February...things change!
    Now I'm back because I'm hoping the raggers will soon be gone and I can enjoy the forum after this good news..

I could be wrong - maybe they will get more persistent...
    Who is the troll? Who is trying to incite yet again???
    10-26-11 02:52 PM
    I think you're overlooking that the delay until Feburary was just a nail in the coffin for many people. I love my playbook. However it isn't a perfect tablet.
    Where's Auto-correct? Where's native email? These features aren't necessity's but you can't overlook the fact that they've been delayed too many times. What happened to "60 days after release", what about it supposed to be appearing after devcon? Sure Feb 2012 is after devcon, but 4 months after Devcon?
    10-26-11 03:01 PM
    Are we assuming there aren't devs right now that are deciding to not take up PB development (or discontinuing) because they will miss the holiday season and lose further chances of traction?...

This is bad for everyone even if you don't see it.
    10-26-11 03:03 PM
    the playbook as it is, is good... like most people that have said they liked it, i agree.. native email and pim etc aren't dealbreaking for me..

yah it would be nice if my calendar events stayed on my playbook, but i always have my blackberry to check that stuff...

and bbm on playbook... the only reason i use it on my playbook is cause i can bbm while talking on the phone..

I'm looking more towards the citrix implementations...
    10-26-11 03:14 PM
    Well, since people are starting up personal funeral threads and bawling like there was a death in the family and making press releases about how Rim will have to do without their support, here's my personal statement:

YAY!!!! the people who can't figure out how to make use of a PLAYBOOK without native email and auto correct will finally be leaving in droves!! That will reduce the population in here by an amazing ten percent, and the crybaby threads by at least 50%

Almost the happiest day of my life....
    i hear you the delay wont affect me that much because i'm a power user. i could use webmail, or bridge to my 9900; however, the elders in my family like my grandpa and parents and a couple of friends who are not technical savvy would love to have this feature. it's doable but cumbersome for them.
    10-26-11 07:22 PM
    Well, since people are starting up personal funeral threads and bawling like there was a death in the family and making press releases about how Rim will have to do without their support, here's my personal statement:

YAY!!!! the people who can't figure out how to make use of a PLAYBOOK without native email and auto correct will finally be leaving in droves!! That will reduce the population in here by an amazing ten percent, and the crybaby threads by at least 50%

Almost the happiest day of my life....
    i see you've reeaaallly thought this through and have a pretty bulletproof plan. it'll be hard to find a logical flaw in your plan.

good luck to you and the 3 dozen others who will still be fans of the pb till next year. im sure youll find some big name developers to create apps just for you. cos really who wouldnt want to spend hundreds of man hours developing n app to net 50$ in revenue from.

also good luck convincing rim, who have already demonstrated a callous attitude towards their loyal customers by continually disappointing them, to keep the couple dozen strong team of PB programmers (that they probably spend a couple of million dollars on annually) available just to cater to your small band of merry men and keep supporting the PB and upgrading it and ensuring its compatible with the newest bb tech.
    Last edited by zank; 10-26-11 at 07:46 PM.
    10-26-11 07:42 PM
    *Yawn*

Is everyone done here can I turn out the lights? Therapy session is over.

Mods?
    10-26-11 07:47 PM
    The discussion about RIM's incompetence is for those who care, if you dont care then why do you keep getting involved, why do you keep forcing your way through, when the topic is not targeted or addressed to your kind of users?
    You dont care, dont get involved because the discussion is not for you. You love the device regardless anything else, then move along, no need to spam your love several times and even create a thread generalizing those who care.
    Thats Kind of hard to do since Blackjack is the OP.
    10-26-11 07:48 PM
    *Yawn*

Is everyone done here can I turn out the lights? Therapy session is over.

Mods?
    yeah, you can continue your session here:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...bruary-664749/

10-26-11 07:49 PM
    2) I don't quite understand why he would put up a post like this at such a volatile time as this. He clearly knows that he would literally get pages of abuse for posting it, yet he still went and did it. Knowing you are going to be abused and then going and doing the thing that you know will get you abused is a very worrying character trait. I'd suggest getting that looked into.
    Since this is the only one deserving of a sincere answer - the post was my honest feelings.
    I know it is hard for people with the opposite feelings to understand this, but how is this post any different from the downer ones that cropped up at this volatile time?

I am just as entitled to post my feelings about the subject as the ten or so "ive had it Im selling my playbook" threads I encountered prior to this one.

This was NOT provocative, I can't help it if those contained in this thread are easily provoked. Look at yourselves not me.
    Last edited by blackjack93117; 10-26-11 at 07:57 PM.
    10-26-11 07:52 PM
    Thats Kind of hard to do since Blackjack is the OP.
    So? it just proves once again that the attention wh0re likes to get involved in topics that do not concern him.
    10-26-11 07:54 PM
    I've said it before, and I still stand by it. I bought my PlayBook knowing what it was and wasn't capable of. As of today, it still does 100% of the things it did on day one, plus a few extras. I have no reason to complain.

Do I want the full OS2? Absolutely. But I certainly don't feel crippled without it, my PlayBook isn't suddenly garbage because it still won't have email for another ~4 months. I'm honestly happy with my PlayBook, so this delay til 2012 doesn't really bother me as a consumer (as a RIM shareholder it worries me, but that's another issue).
    Jake Storm likes this.
    10-26-11 08:00 PM
    So? it just proves once again that the attention wh0re likes to get involved in topics that do not concern him.
    Blackjack is like RIM he says he wont come back till 2.0 releases but he did. Say one thing, do another. Lets rally up more blackberry fanboys and goto your nearest best buy staples and help sell playbooks. RIM needs our help. Rofl

10-26-11 08:10 PM
    The best thing to do with someone like this is simply ignore his posts. Responding gives him the attention he craves and he enjoys getting you all worked up. Don't waste your time and energy on it. Now, deep breath and move on....

JBenn911 likes this.
    10-26-11 08:54 PM
    Out with the bad, in with the good!

Good times, good times...
    10-26-11 08:59 PM
    I dont understand why everyone is soo mad at people complaining. Your most angry customers are the source of your best criticism. Rimm could learn a lot from reading these comments from people who are "crying".

Besides not everyone uses the playbook the same. I personally am pretty pissed because i have an android phone and dont have the bridge function so native email would of been nice.
    Chrisy likes this.
    10-26-11 09:07 PM
    This thread needs a funeral.
    howarmat, Chrisy, ferganer and 1 others like this.
    10-26-11 09:21 PM
70 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD