As far as I can tell when you send a message from the PB email app via your yahoo account the yahoo server does NOT get a copy of that message in its sent folder. There is a copy of the message in the PB's sent folder. Also I find no way to set up the app so that it will always send me a cc or bcc of the message.
    Am I correct? Is there a way around this??

Many thanks.
    08-12-12 06:48 PM
    Yahoo's server has a copy of my sent emails from Messages.
    BlazorBoy likes this.
    08-12-12 07:51 PM
    Yahoo's server has a copy of my sent emails from Messages.
    Thanks. Mine do not show up. May I ask what OS are you using and are you using imap or pop when you set up your account on the PB?
    08-12-12 10:41 PM
    I'm running 2.1 beta and the account is set for IMAP (I didn't set it for IMAP, it did so automatically).
    BlazorBoy likes this.
    08-12-12 11:12 PM
    I'm running 2.1 beta and the account is set for IMAP (I didn't set it for IMAP, it did so automatically).
    I'm still on 2.0. Anyone else with this issue?? Many thanks.
    08-12-12 11:14 PM
    If you look at your Accounts, l think you'll find that it's not a Yahoo account but a Windows Live or Hotmail Account that you're connected to. You may want to look there for your Sent mail.
    08-12-12 11:27 PM
    If you look at your Accounts, l think you'll find that it's not a Yahoo account but a Windows Live or Hotmail Account that you're connected to. You may want to look there for your Sent mail.
    Thanks but it IS a Yahoo account. Do others on 2.0 see their sent mail on the Yahoo server? Thanks again.
    08-13-12 03:17 AM
    Same as you, sent items stored locally on the playbook and not accessible if you log into Yahoo from a PC elsewhere, i'm on 2.0.1.668.
    BlazorBoy likes this.
    08-13-12 04:57 AM
    How about going to the advanced settings in your Yahoo mail settings on PlayBook and check - save sent copy to sent folder? I don't know if the option is there or not.. I can check later..
    08-13-12 05:19 AM
    Same as you, sent items stored locally on the playbook and not accessible if you log into Yahoo from a PC elsewhere, i'm on 2.0.1.668.
    Thanks. Nice to know it was not my screw up. There's hope for per above it appears to work in 2.1.
    08-13-12 05:20 AM
    How about going to the advanced settings in your Yahoo mail settings on PlayBook and check - save sent copy to sent folder? I don't know if the option is there or not.. I can check later..
    From your mouth to RIM's ear.
    08-13-12 05:33 AM
    What do you mean?

http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/b...ListHelperImpl
    Last edited by varunsain; 08-13-12 at 05:48 AM.
    08-13-12 05:45 AM
    The option does not exist but ought to.

Best to check prior to giving advise in any case. Many thanks especially for the link.

Better apps allow you to send a bcc to yourself by default. RIM's apps are half-a##ed.

When they say by design they mean we did not bother to design a better app. Palm had this feature in its email app 10 years ago.
    Last edited by BlazorBoy; 08-13-12 at 06:52 AM.
    08-13-12 06:43 AM
    Here.. OS2.0 does not support IMAP Folders - this includes 'Sent items' folder.

KB30231-Subfolders are not displayed in the Playbook mail application

However, OS 2.1 Does support IMAP Folders.

BlackBerry PlayBook OS 2.1 change log leaks

So I suggest you update your OS to 2.1 - https://developer.blackberry.com/devzone/register

Make sure to take a backup before you do anything..
    08-13-12 09:37 AM
    Here.. OS2.0 does not support IMAP Folders - this includes 'Sent items' folder.

KB30231-Subfolders are not displayed in the Playbook mail application

However, OS 2.1 Does support IMAP Folders.

BlackBerry PlayBook OS 2.1 change log leaks

So I suggest you update your OS to 2.1 - https://developer.blackberry.com/devzone/register

Make sure to take a backup before you do anything..
    Many many thanks.
    08-13-12 09:39 AM
    2.1 beta does give access to the IMAP folders, BUT the folders do not populate with saved emails. Anyone know how to get them to populate?
    08-13-12 09:48 AM
    2.1 beta does give access to the IMAP folders, BUT the folders do not populate with saved emails. Anyone know how to get them to populate?
    Well, if you mean that Messages doesn't see messages that you've transferred from your Inbox to another folder you've created, then, for Yahoo mail at least, my Messages app does (running beta 2.1)
    08-13-12 02:48 PM
    Well, if you mean that Messages doesn't see messages that you've transferred from your Inbox to another folder you've created, then, for Yahoo mail at least, my Messages app does (running beta 2.1)
    My question is in 2.1 does an email sent via Messages show up in the Sent folder on the Yahoo server. One poster said it does. Can you confirm? Thanks.
    08-13-12 05:08 PM
    My question is in 2.1 does an email sent via Messages show up in the Sent folder on the Yahoo server. One poster said it does. Can you confirm? Thanks.
    I think I was the poster that said it does.
    08-13-12 05:58 PM
    I think I was the poster that said it does.
    Yet Michel Souris: implies it does not?? I think that might be what he means.
    08-13-12 07:55 PM
    Yet Michel Souris: implies it does not?? I think that might be what he means.
    I don't think he's implying that. He's talking about saved emails, not sent emails. By saved I think he means messages moved from his inbox to another folder. He may not see these emails, but I do.
    08-13-12 08:28 PM
    I don't think he's implying that. He's talking about saved emails, not sent emails. By saved I think he means messages moved from his inbox to another folder. He may not see these emails, but I do.
    I was using the native Messages app for months before realizing that the server did not have a record of sent mails. I have to retain the mails for legal reasons. None of RIM's apps works correctly. There is no export function. I had to individually forward hundreds of messages to the account. A total joke and waste of time. I have been using K9 Mail from android with expected results. The caveat is that there is no led alerts but there is glow, notification and sound, but you gain so much more plus a peace of mind.
    08-14-12 12:28 AM
    I meant that my saved emails in subfolders did not show up on the PB, though they've always been there in the Android email clients and on my desktop. They can be seen in the main subfolders, but not in my created ones.

Now, it seems that RIM does not allow you to keep any emails over 30 days old, so that may be the limitation that keeps my old saved emails from showing up, if this is true.

Dumb.
    08-14-12 08:46 AM
    I meant that my saved emails in subfolders did not show up on the PB, though they've always been there in the Android email clients and on my desktop. They can be seen in the main subfolders, but not in my created ones.

Now, it seems that RIM does not allow you to keep any emails over 30 days old, so that may be the limitation that keeps my old saved emails from showing up, if this is true.

Dumb.
    Can you confirm that when you send via Messages the email appears in the Yahoo server (and on your computer) on 2.1? Many thanks.

The 30 day limit might be to preserve memory capacity.
    08-14-12 08:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD