Up to 1088, Yahoo Mail was working flawlessly on my PB, complete with folder (IMAP) support, and the ability to keep messages indefinitely - unlike the native email app.
    Since 1088, it no longer can do this and won't sync and populate folders and sub-folders properly - at least on my device.
    Anyone else have this issue?

Only RIM can't do email!
    11-26-12 11:35 AM
    It all seems to be working fine here... Maybe delete/re-add the account?
    Attached Thumbnails Yahoo Mail broken on 1088?-img_00000010.jpg  
    jamesharmeling and PatrickMJS like this.
    11-26-12 11:47 AM
    I'm with diegonei... Yahoo mail is working fine on my PB. No problems at all.

Here is a screenshot of my settings:

Yahoo Mail broken on 1088?-img_00000290.jpg
    diegonei likes this.
    11-26-12 03:43 PM
    From the wording of the OP's post, it seems like he is saying that he is using a sideloaded Yahoo mail app rather than Messages (he does state "unlike the native email app"), and it is this app that isn't working. How he blames RIM for a sideloaded app not working correctly is beyond me.
    diegonei and BlazorBoy like this.
    11-26-12 04:05 PM
    From the wording of the OP's post, it seems like he is saying that he is using a sideloaded Yahoo mail app rather than Messages (he does state "unlike the native email app"), and it is this app that isn't working. How he blames RIM for a sideloaded app not working correctly is beyond me.
    Pacoman, you read for comprehension.. I guess I was reading for speed. I guess he is blaming RIM for not allowing the native email app to keep emails indefinitely.

OK Michel, fess up, what app are you using to access your Yahoo mail? Maybe the developer can answer your questions about why it doesn't work any longer under 1088.

But as diegonei pointed out, you can have IMAP folders in the native app. Too bad it's limited to the last 30 days of messages. Note though that your messages are not lost after 30 days: you can still get at them on the Yahoo website via the PB or using an email program like outlook on your laptop or desktop puter.
    diegonei likes this.
    11-26-12 06:40 PM
    It seems BB PB has its own mind. I bet it will one day decide to work again...temporarily. This is what drives me crazy. Mine works part time. Contacts, calendar, and browser all work only when it wants to.
    11-26-12 08:39 PM
    We don't always see eye to eye on stuff Paco, but I am 10.000% with you on this one. Well spotted on the "Yahoo Mail" too.

It seems BB PB has its own mind. I bet it will one day decide to work again...temporarily. This is what drives me crazy. Mine works part time. Contacts, calendar, and browser all work only when it wants to.
    Backup, wipe, reload. Read the manual and these forums. If all that fails, then I'll agree with your statement. Till then, go fix your device...

But as diegonei pointed out, you can have IMAP folders in the native app. Too bad it's limited to the last 30 days of messages. Note though that your messages are not lost after 30 days: you can still get at them on the Yahoo website via the PB or using an email program like outlook on your laptop or desktop puter.
    Another great catch. Hopefully people will see this before complaining the mail system is broken.

Knowledge is, indeed, power.
    11-26-12 09:24 PM
    Ok guys. I dont use the native email precisely because it doesnt keep the emails in the subfolders indefinitely. The sideloaded Android app did this flawlessly - until 1088. Thats what I'm crying about.
    A tablet that cant do email properly is a joke in my view.
    I'll keep the PB till it dies, but I wont be crying at the funeral. And I'll never get another one.
    11-26-12 09:38 PM
    I don't blame RIM for a side-loaded app not working. I blame RIM for the native email app not working fully, so I can't use it. The side-loaded Yahoo app worked perfectly, however, up till the 1088 update.
    11-27-12 09:39 AM
    I don't blame RIM for a side-loaded app not working. I blame RIM for the native email app not working fully, so I can't use it. The side-loaded Yahoo app worked perfectly, however, up till the 1088 update.

[...] A tablet that cant do email properly is a joke in my view.
    I'll keep the PB till it dies, but I wont be crying at the funeral. And I'll never get another one.
    That's open for debate. It works perfectly for me. I don't really need a heck load of old email creeping my folders and slowing things down. If needed be, we fan ALWAYS open the browser and go fetch the info. One can never appease everybody, RIM decided to go with people like me on this one.

And in the next post, you make two statements that I find hard to swallow. If the tablet doesn't work for you, by all means, sell it and get something that does! I fail to understand people that hold to thinks that are not working for them.

Stop suffering and posting rants. Put the PlayBook up on eBay, do some hands-on testing on the nearby tech shops, find the thing that suits you. Bang. Problem solved.

That's what I'd do, anyway...
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    11-27-12 02:27 PM
    That's open for debate. It works perfectly for me. I don't really need a heck load of old email creeping my folders and slowing things down. If needed be, we fan ALWAYS open the browser and go fetch the info. One can never appease everybody, RIM decided to go with people like me on this one.

And in the next post, you make two statements that I find hard to swallow. If the tablet doesn't work for you, by all means, sell it and get something that does! I fail to understand people that hold to thinks that are not working for them.

Stop suffering and posting rants. Put the PlayBook up on eBay, do some hands-on testing on the nearby tech shops, find the thing that suits you. Bang. Problem solved.

That's what I'd do, anyway...
    But see... you make sense... the OP doesn't. Just wanting to say that the PB is broken for him. Oh well.. Get rid of it, stop complaining, x out of crackberry and have a good day...
    diegonei likes this.
    11-27-12 02:46 PM
    Ok guys. I dont use the native email precisely because it doesnt keep the emails in the subfolders indefinitely. The sideloaded Android app did this flawlessly - until 1088. Thats what I'm crying about.
    A tablet that cant do email properly is a joke in my view.
    I also do not need a device that keeps all my email on there indefinitely, it definitely will bog down the system. I think the native email works well, I use it to read and respond to emails on my two accounts but when I need to go back months and months or even a year back, I do that through my email program on my laptop. I look at it as "email on the go" when it comes to the playbook and my cell phone.
    PatrickMJS and diegonei like this.
    11-27-12 02:52 PM
    If you do a search you will find many who agree with me that the native email is c****. Too bad, as the hardware is nice. So I keep the tablet and hope BB10 will make it functional, but have no real hopes that RIM will get that right in my lifetime. Meanwhile, I've got lots of computers around, and a nice Android tablet - all of which let me get to email properly. The original post was directed at folks that do use a side-loaded Android app to get their email, etc, and I was hoping for a response from them.
    11-27-12 03:01 PM
    If you do a search you will find many who agree with me that the native email is c****. Too bad, as the hardware is nice. So I keep the tablet and hope BB10 will make it functional, but have no real hopes that RIM will get that right in my lifetime. Meanwhile, I've got lots of computers around, and a nice Android tablet - all of which let me get to email properly. The original post was directed at folks that do use a side-loaded Android app to get their email, etc, and I was hoping for a response from them.
    I know I did not answer your question but I wouldn't even think to use the Android app for my Yahoo mail. Hoping you get your answer.
    PatrickMJS and diegonei like this.
    11-27-12 04:03 PM
    There are, but they are a minority. We also never said your take (store everything until there is no more space) is wrong, it's just not what RIM and most BB users - for that matter - are used to/expect.

I too hope you find a solution. I suggest deleting the app using some software that will make sure all its info is gone, 3fingering and installing it back.
    11-27-12 05:41 PM