Buoyed by the success of the Crackberry users who recently drew Blackberry's attention to their Playbook activation servers being down, I thought we might be able to do something about the inability of the Playbook email app to connect to Yahoo email servers.

I think there were two guys who got in touch with BlackBerry. Can they tell me how they contacted them?

I've tried the Yahoo help service but it's community based so is just full of idiots who say "oh, did you try and contact Blackberry and then provide a link to the TCL/Blackberry Mobile site".

I have tried every solution from the recent Knowledge Base article. The BB10 phone works fine with the new app-password option; the playbook still refuses to connect to Yahoo's servers.

I'd say the problem is at the Yahoo end but maybe "John From Blackberry" could ask them to fix their end?

I wouldn't expect any change to the email app from BB as that would involve some programming update. I understand the last little bit of help we had was basically fixing the server at the BB end for activation.

P.S. Yes, I'm not particularly happy with Yahoo either but it's rather a big step to move when your email has been with them for 18 years.

Posted via CB10
    12-01-18 04:05 AM
    Have you looked at the issues and resolutions, here: https://crackberry.com/unable-integr...ry-these-fixes
    12-01-18 09:27 AM
    Have you looked at the issues and resolutions, here: https://crackberry.com/unable-integr...ry-these-fixes
    Thanks mate but I've tried all of these options. I think it is every Playboo user that can't connect to Yahoo email

Posted via CB10
    12-01-18 12:48 PM
    Yahoo works on the playbook, if you use the right app. There are two email apps on the playbook, Messages and android email- but android email is part of the android runtime and is hidden from view. You need another app to access it, the easiest of which is Quick App Manager (in BB World). Install QAM, open it, then tap on email, then open, then set up your yahoo account.
    12-03-18 10:11 PM
    Yes, I've got the Android one working. I don't like running two email apps so would really like it to work with the native one.

Thanks though, that is the best solution to Yahoo woes really. But fingers crossed Yahoo do something. I was surprised the even bothered telling us about the changes required to continue accessing through BB10

Posted via CB10
    12-04-18 01:32 AM
    Johnfromblackberry who helped us out with the activation server problem has said he will take a look at this for us. I suspect with no promise of rectification but at least he responded to my PM. I'm really impressed by him.

Posted via CB10
    12-17-18 02:01 PM
    Just to say that Yahoo works fine on my Playbook after enabling 2 step verification and change of password.
    01-30-19 05:30 PM
    Just to say that Yahoo works fine on my Playbook after enabling 2 step verification and change of password.
    Same here
    02-11-19 07:29 AM
    Wow!this is good news. I'll try again

Posted via CB10
    02-17-19 03:23 AM
    Wow!this is good news. I'll try again

Posted via CB10
    Yes once you enable two step verification. Set an app password for Yahoo Mail PlayBook. Then use this password when setting up Yahoo mail on the PlayBook instead of your regular mail password.
    02-17-19 12:35 PM
    After years with no Yahoo email on my Playbook (well proper access through the native email program) I am really pleased to have it back with the new app password access.

Because it is back to being able to do everything, I did all my work emails on it yesterday and dealt with a few PDF's, all while using Bridge for BBM and SMS and blasting a bit of music. Basically, it did everything I needed. (good thing there were no Web links to click on in my emails!).

Good old creaky Playbook!

Posted via CB10
    dmlis likes this.
    03-05-19 12:18 AM