2.2 "just works" on tablets. QNX wasn't made for tablets either. it was made to manage car stereos. But rimm seems to think it will make a great tablet OS. we will (hopefully) find out eventually. real soon?
    How is modifying QNX into Tablet OS any different than modifying Linux into Android?
    04-07-11 03:53 PM
    NOT A CHANCE will it catch the iPad 2. iPad 3 vs Playbook 2? that will be a battle that has a chance to be close if Both RIM and Apple get competitive, and a multitude of Android devices hit the Market. but the iPad2 will remain the number 1 selling tablet in 2011 I suspect, and I suspect the iPad1 will actually remain in the top 10 just because of inventory left in the channel.
    Agreed. I believe the PlayBook will sell well and be a great device, but I think the PB 2 will be the one to give Apple a run for their money.
    04-07-11 05:20 PM
    Motorola Xoom A Flop, Just 100,000 Sold So Far

According to estimates, seems like only 100,000 units of Xoom sold so far. Let's hope the PlayBook does better!
    Not surely... Hopefully!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-07-11 05:58 PM
    Now that has some merit, good point.

Maybe a QNX 4-5" smartphone BES device would prove more mobile than carrying the old BB and a 7" tablet. The flaw with the current plan is putting a 7" device in a pocket feels like your carrying a brick plus you still need the old phone...

Like you said enough negativity, lets just watch things unfold.

Any Canadian even holding index mutual funds would like them to succeed.
    4-5" smartphone is WAAAY too big to fit in unnoticed a suit jacket or shirt pocket. as it is I have to keep my torch naked to not look like I have a bulging breast pocket.

My Phone remains smallish, when only a phone is needed, the playbook becomes the accessory to bring into a meeting to show stuff, or to review stuff when out of a business lunch, or to access company intranets that are graphic intensive.

And the "old phones" are built like rocks, I am still mad I got my 8330 taken away for a 9300!! that 8330 was near bullet proof, I have clients holding onto 7XXX series BB's even with boxed 9000's and 9700's handed to them to activate, when it is your lively hood, you don't upgrade for the sake of an upgrade, the Playbook would be enough of a reason for a 88XX user to move to a 9780 9650 9800 device to gain the functionality. of 2 devices.
    04-07-11 07:15 PM
    Agreed. I believe the PlayBook will sell well and be a great device, but I think the PB 2 will be the one to give Apple a run for their money.
    I would really like to be sitting here next year talking about the up coming Playbook 2, the iPad 3, and something from HTC, and Dell, slugging out all 4 mobile platforms as to the top Tablet and most likely to be in the sales lead in the North American Market
    04-07-11 07:18 PM
    I've had a chance to play with the iPad 2 and Xoom. My impressions of the iPad 2 are expected, very refined user experience, but feels like a huge iPod touch. Shell casing and overall design is top notch. The Xoom on the other hand feels very unpolished, unrefined, clunky, and the screen is absolute ****. After a couple of hours on the Xoom I already feel like throwing it against a brick wall and shattering it to pieces (if I could afford to do that and insane enough), really it is a very half assed product. It's like paying $600 only to get insulted. It's actually a wonder that Motorola has sold as much as it did. I do not doubt for a second from all the videos we've seen that Playbook will surpass the Xoom in sales.
    Jake Storm likes this.
    04-07-11 08:57 PM
    I've now used the iPad2, the PlayBook and the Xoom. My one word to describe the Xoom - underwhelming. Its not bad, its just not a 'Wow' device for me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-07-11 09:59 PM
    I've had a chance to play with the iPad 2 and Xoom. My impressions of the iPad 2 are expected, very refined user experience, but feels like a huge iPod touch. Shell casing and overall design is top notch. The Xoom on the other hand feels very unpolished, unrefined, clunky, and the screen is absolute ****. After a couple of hours on the Xoom I already feel like throwing it against a brick wall and shattering it to pieces (if I could afford to do that and insane enough), really it is a very half assed product. It's like paying $600 only to get insulted. It's actually a wonder that Motorola has sold as much as it did. I do not doubt for a second from all the videos we've seen that Playbook will surpass the Xoom in sales.
    Can you elaborate a bit and give examples on the part in bold? Just curious.
    04-08-11 12:08 AM
    Can you elaborate a bit and give examples on the part in bold? Just curious.
    I think this is just an individual that is just saying what they think is expected of them in this thread. I have not seen or heard anything from them that is based on fact regarding the Xoom or the Ipad2 for that matter.
    04-08-11 12:21 AM
59 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD