I am really intrigued about the Playbook and I find them for extremely cheap! My main purpose for getting a tablet would be for watching the WWE Network and reading. I'm sure there isn't an app for the Network available for the playbook but has anyone tried going through the browser?

Posted via CB10
    05-11-15 06:25 AM
    Honestly, your better off getting a cheap android tablet and going thru the WWE app or Chrome browser.
    Carl Estes likes this.
    05-11-15 11:01 AM
    I disagree with Kris and I like Android. I wouldn't get a cheap Android, but I wouldn't necessarily get a PB for this purpose either. To be safe, get a middle of the ground Android. The newer Asus MemoPads or even the earlier Nexus 7 model (2012) would do the trick, and the latter in particular has good OS update support.

Not sure if WWE would work in the PB browser. If it does, it'd probably be a flash in the pan. If it uses Flash, it may work, but PB's version is quite out of date (11.x). I took a quick look at their online help and couldn't find any info about the minimum version required, but this video did load for me in Origami (desktop mode):

How to watch WWE Network on all your devices | WWE.com

Also, some, and I emphasize "some", Android apps that support Gingerbread (2.3.3) can be converted to BAR format and sideloaded on the PlayBook. However, I can't tell what version this WWE app requires; the Play Store just states that the minimum version "Varies with devices", which isn't super helpful.

I don't have a subscription so can't test this out. Hopefully someone with an account and the PB can confirm or deny whether this works. Still, even if it works, it's possible that it won't for long, but that's true of a lot of tech nowadays.
    05-11-15 12:43 PM