Just be glad that once you get it, you won't need to ship it back for a week to get the features that it claimed to have when you bought it...
    And you won't be xoomed on a higher price for a tablet just to factor in the additional future shipping costs and labor to install something they just should have waited the 90 days on to release the finished product.
    02-27-11 06:55 PM
    yes the flash is disappointing for sure

to the buyer they dont pay any of the shipping fees to and from moto so they are without the tablet for a week and that is about it
    02-27-11 08:25 PM
    to the buyer they dont pay any of the shipping fees to and from moto so they are without the tablet for a week and that is about it
    Yes they do pay for it when they purchase the device. You don't think Moto figured this into the $800 cost of the device? Shipping and labor for LTE installation is part of the price, whether you upgrade it or not.
    02-27-11 08:53 PM
    maybe a little, but the $800 is not that far out of line over the ipad really. They are also offering a wifi only for $600ish and you can get the LTE one on contract to bring it to $600 which is cheaper than the ipad by a good margin.

the $800 was a shocker since there were no other alternative but since we have found out about on contract and wifi pricing. That brings a little better perspective on everything
    02-27-11 09:03 PM
    maybe a little, but the $800 is not that far out of line over the ipad really. They are also offering a wifi only for $600ish and you can get the LTE one on contract to bring it to $600 which is cheaper than the ipad by a good margin.

the $800 was a shocker since there were no other alternative but since we have found out about on contract and wifi pricing. That brings a little better perspective on everything
    I'm glad somebody else acknowledges that xoom is coming in a cheaper wifi only version. In another thread I was discussing it and was flat out told "no, they aren't making one and nowhere does it say they are."

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-27-11 09:25 PM
    I'm glad somebody else acknowledges that xoom is coming in a cheaper wifi only version. In another thread I was discussing it and was flat out told "no, they aren't making one and nowhere does it say they are."

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    ha those people who have yet to type google.com into their address bar
    02-27-11 09:28 PM
    Except with the iPad your not committing yourself to two years of service for a minimum of $500 of minuscule data buckets, or $1200 to do anything substantial, to save $200. It will be interesting to see if Motorola can demand a price premium like Apple can, especially with so many articles coming out with people saying to wait to see what the iPad2 has first.
    Last edited by lnichols; 02-27-11 at 09:51 PM.
    02-27-11 09:47 PM
    If Kevin doesn't have one by now and BGR does I'm sure Kevin's @$$ is fairly chapped at this point
    Also if Kevin has one then i'd assume he has a pretty good idea of the release date but he's surely not gonna tell us.
    We will know very soon I feel...
    Boy............lol if kevin don't have one by now, im sure its more than chapped. His @$$ has to be on FIRE lol ha ha

fa real i don't even care about a release date at this point. I mean, i do, but i know i can wait until the end of the month. I would just like to at least have a price at this point. It'd would make me feel better

**sits by calendar in kitchen with a marker**
    Last edited by Rello; 03-01-11 at 08:58 PM.
    02-28-11 04:30 AM

it makes me laugh that people are even attempting to justify the Xoom, yes it SOUNDS good, but in reality its not, i`ll leave aside the flash/microsd/4G comments, and focus on what the real issue i have is.

HDMI out. you want HDMI out on the PlayBook? done, no issues, want it on the Xoom? sure it`ll do it, just you need to spend $129 for the HD speaker dock to do so, which makes it $928 plus taxes for a tablet with HDMI out, thats basically $1000. thats my issue, needing an accessory for HDMI out is ridiculous and cannot at all be defended at $129
    02-28-11 05:06 AM
    it makes me laugh that people are even attempting to justify the Xoom, yes it SOUNDS good, but in reality its not, i`ll leave aside the flash/microsd/4G comments, and focus on what the real issue i have is.

HDMI out. you want HDMI out on the PlayBook? done, no issues, want it on the Xoom? sure it`ll do it, just you need to spend $129 for the HD speaker dock to do so, which makes it $928 plus taxes for a tablet with HDMI out, thats basically $1000. thats my issue, needing an accessory for HDMI out is ridiculous and cannot at all be defended at $129
    what dock....

02-28-11 05:20 AM
    what dock....

my appologies then, being as how there arent any units in the uk to see, and quite a lck of info on moto`s website, i read this CNET blog and saw the following

Motorola Xoom tablet Review - Tablets - CNET Reviews

On the bottom of the Xoom you'll find connections for Micro-USB, Micro-HDMI, a socket for the included power adapter, and a pinhole microphone. Don't let the HDMI port fool you, though. In order for us to get video out from the Xoom, we first had to dock it in Motorola's $129 HD speaker dock. Once we did, though, the entire Honeycomb experience was mirrored on our TV, allowing apps like YouTube and Maps some room to show off.
    02-28-11 05:43 AM
    yeah moto site doesnt give the best info but they finally have some good videos up for it. it does support DLNA also so that will be my choice over HDMI if i am looking for media playback
    02-28-11 05:48 AM
112 ... 345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD