Hi
    I've just got a Playbook, whilst friend has an iPad.
    I'm looking for smart cover for the Playbook.
    I've seen the Melkco one which looks great
    Melkco Leather case for Blackberry Playbook 7.0" - Slimme Cover Type (Orange LC) Notebook Cell phone Accessories, Zubehr, accessoires, accessori,

However this is bit too expensive for me at $91

Has anyone come across a cheaper version?
    Or another slim case with the nice folding style cover

Cheers
    p.s. most other leather folio/book style covers for the playbook look like they're designed for middle aged men, not really interested in them.
    12-11-11 04:10 AM
    Hi

[snip]

p.s. most other leather folio/book style covers for the playbook look like they're designed for middle aged men, not really interested in them.
    LOL @ the bold text. I didn't even know a case like this existed for the PlayBook... that looks like the best case I have seen for it. Don't think anything will come close to this.

I have the BlackBerry convertible case and it does it's job (not as awesome looking at the one you showed us but it works)

Why is this so expensive though?
    12-11-11 04:22 AM
    Hi
    Melkco Leather case for Blackberry Playbook 7.0" - Slimme Cover Type (Orange LC) Notebook Cell phone Accessories, Zubehr, accessoires, accessori,

However this is bit too expensive for me at $91

Has anyone come across a cheaper version?
    Or another slim case with the nice folding style cover

Cheers

Really?
    12-11-11 04:40 AM
    Well the case your showing isn't a smartcover... atleast I don't notice the magnetic material that should be there. Although I do see it comes with a built in feather case... not magnetic I believe though. So it does look like it'll flop around alot.
    I personally think this case is one of the most useful for now.
    [YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWv7j21z_B8[/YT] Now unlike the Blackberry cases, this booklike case cane be closed while charging or using the other plugs!
    They also make a kickstand type case, but that's more expensive. Also a sleeve if your looking. TREXTA - BlackBerry PlayBook They're the best we've got... atleast as far as I can tell.
    12-11-11 06:19 AM
    That Trexta case, which I have seen, is a fair copy of the BB Journal Case, and while it is real leather, the appearance and feel of the leather gives one the impression that it's not. The only thing they did was make a cut out so that you don't have to open the case to charge the PB, as you would the BB Journal Case. $40.00 vs the fine pebble grained real leather of the BB Journal case for $20.00 (discounted @ Staples) or $59.95 everywhere else.
    Last edited by alnamvet68; 12-11-11 at 07:16 AM.
    12-11-11 06:30 AM
    That Taxtra case is similar to my incipio executive leather cover except that I can't charge while fully closed. I got mine for less than half the cost of the Taxtra through Amazon.

Edit: The incipio isn't a smart case, either. Forgot OP was looking for that.
    12-11-11 09:36 AM
    The cases made by RIM are all quality products.
    alnamvet68 likes this.
    12-11-11 10:28 AM
    I really do like the basic BB cases, but their prices (native website) are pretty high for not so much functionality... Anyways, here's the other 2 I mentioned.

Now the first one is very attractive, but also most expensive (Marquis[$59.90]). I really love the features to it as well. Although I noticed it has less protection on the corners, and covers up most of the right/left bezel. I'm sure its not a huge issue though.
    The other is at the same price as the Leaf (shown in above post video [$39.90]), and they call them the Elite edition. Although this is just a fancy sleeve, for our more fancy sleeve lovers.

My personal favorite is the Marquis (atleast by details/appearance), and hope you find what your looking for.
    B.T.W. They don't charge for shipping.
    Last edited by Venichie; 12-11-11 at 01:09 PM.
    12-11-11 01:06 PM
    The BB Journal case and the Convertible offer a ton of functionality, as in, real protection. Worth the MSRP, but if you go to the Staples web site, they're both on sale for $19.95 with free shipping.
    12-11-11 01:46 PM
    Crappy video, but I thought I'd show once well... I got it. [YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1wSvTP3k0k&context=C2207fADOEgsToPDskLd9G PAm3zPe-ZnNXvJH_He[/YT] Anyways, I'm curious to what case you went with.
    B.t.w. As expected, It's a tad harder to use the finger gestures with the areas that have been covered.
    12-15-11 01:34 AM
    I don't know if it still helps but here is a Smarctcover style case for cheap Cooper Gants BlackBerry PlayBook Suede Folio Case in Brown review
    02-18-13 03:24 PM
    Can everyone please stay on the topic and NOT suggest/mention those cases made for middle-aged men?
    07-23-13 04:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD