MS touts the number of apps for Windows Phone - 100.000. But it still doesn't have Angry Birds Space, like our beloved Playbook has.

There are other apps WP doesn't have that PB has.

Windows Phone Marketplace has 100,000 published apps, counts Words with Friends and Draw Something among 'em -- Engadget
    06-20-12 02:08 PM
    Please excuse my lack of enthusiasm for your post...and Angry birds for that matter.
    drum and omniusovermind like this.
    06-20-12 02:26 PM
    ....and there are apps that WP has that PlayBook doesn't.....HAH!
    howarmat and Yaceka like this.
    06-20-12 02:28 PM
    And there are apps that neither the WP or PlayBook has
    06-20-12 02:46 PM
    MS touts the number of apps for Windows Phone - 100.000. But it still doesn't have Angry Birds Space, like our beloved Playbook has.

There are other apps WP doesn't have that PB has.

Windows Phone Marketplace has 100,000 published apps, counts Words with Friends and Draw Something among 'em -- Engadget
    Netflix for Windows Phone -- Check

Netflix for Playbook -- Nope

Skype for Windows Phone -- Check

Skype for Playbook -- Nope

TuneIn Radio for Windows Phone -- Check

TuneIn Radio for Playbook -- Nope

LastFM for Windows Phone -- Check

LastFM for Playbook - Nope

Kindle for Windows Phone -- Check

Kindle for Playbook -- Nope

And your mocking WP because......?
    yanicmb, direfan, Yaceka and 1 others like this.
    06-20-12 02:50 PM
    I fail to see the point....

We should be worrying about PB stuff in here anyway...
    anon(3896606) likes this.
    06-20-12 02:52 PM
    You can never win by celebrating others deficiencies
    OniBerry and evozero like this.
    06-20-12 03:57 PM
    Wow OP. Don't go hatin on another platform about apps. It's good there are different ones but you just don't want to go there.
    Marty_LK likes this.
    06-20-12 04:11 PM
    Wow OP. Don't go hatin on another platform about apps. It's good there are different ones but you just don't want to go there.
    Tell me about it. One would think they were in a WP forum.
    06-20-12 04:27 PM
    Netflix for Windows Phone -- Check

Netflix for Playbook -- Nope

Skype for Windows Phone -- Check

Skype for Playbook -- Nope

TuneIn Radio for Windows Phone -- Check

TuneIn Radio for Playbook -- Nope

LastFM for Windows Phone -- Check

LastFM for Playbook - Nope

Kindle for Windows Phone -- Check

Kindle for Playbook -- Nope

And your mocking WP because......?
    Lol� you opened the can OP
    06-20-12 04:52 PM
    Lol… you opened the can OP
    No can was opened. That post didn't tell me anything I didn't already know. I do own a WP 7.5 phone. And I see all that is available on WP. But Angry Birds Space isn't.

By the way, Dead Space isn't either. Haven't given it much thought about what else is lacking.
    Last edited by Marty_LK; 06-20-12 at 04:56 PM.
    06-20-12 04:53 PM
    No can was opened. That post didn't tell me anything I didn't already know. I do own a WP 7.5 phone. And I see all that is available on WP. But Angry Birds Space isn't.

By the way, Dead Space isn't either. Haven't given it much thought about what else is lacking.
    I thought I recognized that SN from the XDA WP7 forums. So not only do you troll the WP7 forum on XDA, but now here? Tsk tsk. You need a hobby man.
    06-20-12 05:04 PM
    Point is the PB and its platform has plenty of shortcomings when it comes to the apps ecosystem, so we shouldn't beat it up on other platform's apps.
    06-20-12 05:07 PM
    Point is the PB and its platform has plenty of shortcomings when it comes to the apps ecosystem, so we shouldn't beat it up on other platform's apps.
    The PB, hosting the best OS among tablets, may well have apps shortcomings. But it's more prominent enough to get the highest profile games than WP is. I remember the reasoning given why Rovio didn't want to port to WP: they said they didn't want to waste precious time on a non-viable system port.
    06-20-12 05:11 PM
    The reason Angry Birds isn't there yet is because WP7 doesn't allow native code. WP8 will allow native code, and so that should solve that issue pretty quickly I would think.
    06-20-12 05:26 PM
    The reason Angry Birds isn't there yet is because WP7 doesn't allow native code. WP8 will allow native code, and so that should solve that issue pretty quickly I would think.
    Regardless, WP lacks in so many ways. Having ABS on WP8 won't help it get ahead of the Playbook. ABS will still have been available on the PB for quite a long time before ABS is available on WP.
    06-20-12 05:34 PM
    Is that Microsoft looking over here? Waiting in the wings for another BB outage? With a pocket full of cash and a wish to complete with Google again? Nah that couldn't happen....
    Marty_LK likes this.
    06-20-12 05:48 PM
    Regardless, WP lacks in so many ways. Having ABS on WP8 won't help it get ahead of the Playbook. ABS will still have been available on the PB for quite a long time before ABS is available on WP.
    And Angry Birds has been available on iPad longer than it has on Playbook. So what? Does a buyer really care how long a particular app has been on a particular platform?

Does someone buy an iPhone instead of Android because Instagram has been on the iPhone longer?
    06-20-12 06:07 PM
    I don't think we should be like the hardened Apple and Android fanboy who kick dirt at the playbook for not having enough apps.. So I don't think we should position ourselves to do the same to other platforms. We should just be happy with what we got with the ongoing hopes, anticipation and expectations of getting more apps.
    06-20-12 06:16 PM
    Motion to close this... All in favor please raise your hands... ��
    06-20-12 06:18 PM
    And Angry Birds has been available on iPad longer than it has on Playbook. So what? Does a buyer really care how long a particular app has been on a particular platform?

Does someone buy an iPhone instead of Android because Instagram has been on the iPhone longer?
    No offense at all intended, but I guess you don't get what this thread is about. Morale. With all the misfortunes of RIM these days being reported in the media, users of the PB (we are in a PB forum) might appreciate a little morale boosting. Having the PB be more of a favored system than the mighty MS's system can do that. I can see how it can irritate WP users, but this is a PB forum so they will need to understand.
    06-20-12 06:19 PM
    The PB, hosting the best OS among tablets, may well have apps shortcomings. But it's more prominent enough to get the highest profile games than WP is. I remember the reasoning given why Rovio didn't want to port to WP: they said they didn't want to waste precious time on a non-viable system port.
    I seem to recall the people behind Cut the Rope saying the same thing when it came to the Playbook. We ended up getting Cut the Rope on our system but I thought something negative was said about our platform from the folks at CtR. Or am I thinking of something different?
    06-20-12 06:37 PM
    No offense at all intended, but I guess you don't get what this thread is about. Morale. With all the misfortunes of RIM these days being reported in the media, users of the PB (we are in a PB forum) might appreciate a little morale boosting. Having the PB be more of a favored system than the mighty MS's system can do that. I can see how it can irritate WP users, but this is a PB forum so they will need to understand.
    We get it, it's that you don't get what the replies are all about: suggesting that you take the high road and celebrate things you like about the Playbook without resorting to smack talking other platforms would be an excellent illustration of taking the high road.

Whatever your intent may be, that doesn't change the facts, and right now the facts are that for every criticism you can level at WP app selection, 5 more can be fired back at you, just like Darlaten showed you. Your criticisms are ill timed as well, because they are about to become rendered moot by the upcoming release of a Windows Tablet. Right now you're comparing the PB tablet app selection to a phone OS's app selection and your argument is already flawed.
    06-20-12 08:19 PM
    We get it, it's that you don't get what the replies are all about: suggesting that you take the high road and celebrate things you like about the Playbook without resorting to smack talking other platforms would be an excellent illustration of taking the high road.

Whatever your intent may be, that doesn't change the facts, and right now the facts are that for every criticism you can level at WP app selection, 5 more can be fired back at you, just like Darlaten showed you. Your criticisms are ill timed as well, because they are about to become rendered moot by the upcoming release of a Windows Tablet. Right now you're comparing the PB tablet app selection to a phone OS's app selection and your argument is already flawed.
    WP still doesn't have Angry Birds Space or Dead Space and the PB does. Those are irrefutable facts.
    06-20-12 08:33 PM
    So the purpose of this thread isn't to have a rational discussion about the WP app selection versus PB, but rather it is to make people feel better about their $200 purchase.

You should have said that in the beginning.
    06-20-12 09:11 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD