So, at around 9 pm, I connected my Playbook to my laptop through wifi to share files. Batterie usage was at 72% at that time. Now, at 1 am, batterie is at 65%. During all that time, my Playbook shared drive never disconnected from my laptop, although my Playbook entered several time its 'pseudo' stand by mode.

So, just 7% battery drop while still connected through wifi to my laptop for 4 hours, not bad at all
    04-28-11 12:12 AM
    Ok so it's 2 am and I'm about to go to bed and the battery usage is at 64%, just a mere 1% less. So I press the Standby button thinking this will drop my connection but nope. Although my Playbook is in full standby mode (I can tell since it takes a full bezel to bezel swipe to wake it up), my Playbook is still sharing its content with my laptop! Wasn't expecting that
    04-28-11 01:01 AM
    is it transferring or just sharing the files, one uses power but the other really wouldnt
    04-28-11 01:06 AM
    It does have to talk regularly though so the connection isn't teared down. I launched Wireshark and beside several other packets and broadcasts, it sends tcp keep-alive every five minutes.
    04-28-11 01:27 AM
    Excuse me for my ignorance, but where is the standby button?
    04-28-11 04:32 AM
    Excuse me for my ignorance, but where is the standby button?
    power/stand-by button, same thing, different names, the only button the blackberry has besides the volume keys.
    04-28-11 04:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD