So I was excited for bridge, figured it�d be a cool feature, but something I wouldn�t use much. So after downloading a couple hours ago, I went straight to the 50�, plugged In the HDMI and watched some videos.

It worked great as expected. Well my son launches Monopoly, and WOW !!!! it was amazing. We�d played multiplayer a few times, but it was a pain huddling around the PB. NOW, on the 50� over HDMI with the bridge remote�

This is a real game changer. Can�t wait to spend some more time exploring Bridge, and what other surprises we will see in OS/2

So tell me, what amazing things have you done with the bridge remote ? I�m sure there are many more, but just spent the last 2 hours playing monopoly hehe�. What�s your favourite new feature/game with the remote ?
    02-20-12 11:39 PM
    A Game changer for you I bet.....
    02-20-12 11:45 PM
    I hope it's a game changer for ALL the naysayers...
    I hope everyone is satisfied and happy with the bridge/update.
    SlcCorrado and RoseBud68 like this.
    02-20-12 11:49 PM
    I was just doing the same thing, watching utube, played some games, checked email, and just all around showing off. It p^%$#d my daughter off, she has a android tablet and really didn't appreciate all my gloating. LOL I told her that tomorrow I'd be able to use a lot of android apps, her face started turning red.
    My wife talked me into letting her play with it for a while, she's ready to get rid of her kindle fire now. Can't wait to take it to work with the new OS installed, I'm going to really feel like the man.
    02-20-12 11:52 PM
    I just see so much potential for this that I hadn't considered before. I mean it was great the bit of fun we had tonight with it, watching videos' pics, games etc..... But this is going to be a great tool at work in the the boardroom as well !! We've always been BB and BES in the office, but a couple iProducts have started trickling in.

I see me scheduling a meeting in the next couple days, and doing a presentation with the PB -> LCD and remoting from the BB...... everyone will be WTF ???? haha, now I just need to think up a reason to call a meeting
    02-20-12 11:54 PM
    Ain't we all looking for this................ I am having a night out with my bro playing the Modern Combat 2 by Game-loft for free until we get the update.........
    02-20-12 11:56 PM
    LOL you are such a bully! Haha

I didn't get to play much with it...just some browsing and I love it so far. Can't wait to use it as a keyboard ..I wish I would be able to play ashpalt 6 with the trackpad!

Love the new bridge, and I'll love it even more after os2
    fanatical likes this.
    If you have read the latest CrackBerry post, you can use it to control pretty much any HID capable blue tooth enabled device including your PS3. I don't have one, so I cant say much on that front, but if you look at Lucas's post over at N4BB, you'll see other great things you can do with Bridge, I have been trying to install it for the last few hours and still no go. I guess I need to delete the old version and download the new one. But it does give you access to the ctr alt and windows keys if you have a PC, not sure if options change when paired to a Mac but I'm guessing you can do pretty much anything you can do with your regular keyboard, including Windows shortcuts.

Cant wait to try this with Splashtop...
    Hi guys just want to ask how can u minimize the app window on the playbook by ur phone? im using a 9780 and seems hard to swipe up/down/left/right from the pb bezel using the trackpad...
    02-21-12 12:00 AM
    LOL you are such a bully! Haha

I didn't get to play much with it...just some browsing and I love it so far. Can't wait to use it as a keyboard ..I wish I would be able to play ashpalt 6 with the trackpad!

Love the new bridge, and I'll love it even more after os2
    Oh for Sure !!!! I didn't try ashpalt 6 or NFS, I'm guessing they are going to be pretty hard to control on the remote lol..... I did however wonder if they would work once the new BB10 phones are out. I'm guessing they'll have gyro as well, so really it should

Jkris, how did modern combat work out for you ? I haven't tried it yet.
    02-21-12 12:01 AM
    New bridge is indeed awesome. I just used the remote on my HTC Jetstream as well as the PlayBook and it worked like a charm.

I have always stood by BlackBerry as the ultimate PHONE. If you want to communicate, send emails, texts reliably, easily and FAST it's all about a BlackBerry. Now people with Android tabs have a reason to get a BB (although I prefer PB, as any die-hard BB fan should). Use your tablet for all the advantages that that Android gives you...and have the best mobile communication device in the world for true mobility.
    fanatical likes this.
    02-21-12 12:03 AM
    So I was excited for bridge, figured it�d be a cool feature, but something I wouldn�t use much. So after downloading a couple hours ago, I went straight to the 50�, plugged In the HDMI and watched some videos.

It worked great as expected. Well my son launches Monopoly, and WOW !!!! it was amazing. We�d played multiplayer a few times, but it was a pain huddling around the PB. NOW, on the 50� over HDMI with the bridge remote�

This is a real game changer. Can�t wait to spend some more time exploring Bridge, and what other surprises we will see in OS/2

So tell me, what amazing things have you done with the bridge remote ? I�m sure there are many more, but just spent the last 2 hours playing monopoly hehe�. What�s your favourite new feature/game with the remote ?
    Ugh...*PLEASE* don't call it "OS/2"! That has such a serious negative connotation!
    joski, dellins, leanhog and 1 others like this.
    02-21-12 12:04 AM
    This tread just posted on my tweeter....
    02-21-12 12:04 AM
    Simply stated, BlackBerry Remote just made my PlayBook the new media centre for my living room.
    fanatical likes this.
    02-21-12 12:05 AM
    Hi guys just want to ask how can u minimize the app window on the playbook by ur phone? im using a 9780 and seems hard to swipe up/down/left/right from the pb bezel using the trackpad...
    Have a look at this thread, hopefully it helps with your phone:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...rtcuts-700469/

With my daughters 9900, it worked totally seemlessly, so nice !!!! my older 9000, was a bit clunky, had some issues scrolling, but after reading about these shorcuts, should be OK now.

I had planned on waiting for a BB10 phone, but Hmmm I think this may have pushed me into getting a 9900 while I wait
    ip.amps and sf49ers like this.
    02-21-12 12:06 AM
    Use the Home menu option to minimize apps.
    I think with some practice, you will be fine.
    I am already doing great on my 9780
    ip.amps likes this.
    02-21-12 12:09 AM
    All the more reason we need that HDMI dock!!!
    fanatical likes this.
    02-21-12 12:11 AM
    Ugh...*PLEASE* don't call it "OS/2"! That has such a serious negative connotation!
    Ooops, I thought I was the only geezer around here that would still remember that short lived acronym

*side note* would you believe I just retired a PC running OS/2 this year ?? It was running some intermec interface to our AS/400 Was still running pretty well, but reboots were getting a little to frequent.
    SCPanther13 likes this.
    02-21-12 12:17 AM
    I was also using the remote and had my PB hdmi'd to the big screen listening to my playlist while browsing. I need a home entertainment system with more sound now!
    fanatical likes this.
    02-21-12 12:21 AM
    Ash, I couldn't agree more. If 2.0 comes with DLNA as we are sussecting it will, I'll likely buy another PB for the home theatre, and just leave it docked. It's really going to be a nice setup.
    02-21-12 12:22 AM
    If your having trouble swiping than I suggest you move the cursor to the bottom of the page and then hold in alt and move the trackpad up. This will minimize the window.
    02-21-12 12:25 AM
    Ooops, I thought I was the only geezer around here that would still remember that short lived acronym

*side note* would you believe I just retired a PC running OS/2 this year ?? It was running some intermec interface to our AS/400 Was still running pretty well, but reboots were getting a little to frequent.
    lol...at least you *retired* an OS/2 pc! We're still running some custom OS/2 apps running on OS/2 machines *and* VM's under Microsoft's Virtual PC software!

Sick...I Know :P
    juniegee likes this.
    02-21-12 12:33 AM
    Still only bridge v1.0.7.4 offered when I look at Appworld through my phone, in the UK.
    02-21-12 12:35 AM
    lol...at least you *retired* an OS/2 pc! We're still running some custom OS/2 apps running on OS/2 machines *and* VM's under Microsoft's Virtual PC software!

Sick...I Know :P
    OMG really ???? Damn, I thought mine was the last one in existance I feel a little less special now, and I was having such a good night before you mentioned that
    02-21-12 12:39 AM
    Still only bridge v1.0.7.4 offered when I look at Appworld through my phone, in the UK.
    Trying holding your alt + R S T. had to do this a few times on my 9000. my daughters 9900 updated right away though. I also read a few had to unistall bridge, then install it again. maybe try that ?

So any other suggestions on what I can show off over HDMI ? had to unplug mine, but can't wait to check it out again in the morning
    02-21-12 12:43 AM
51 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD